Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM Patch 1.4.19 Now Available

Our newest patch, Version 1.4.19, is now available.

You can download the new patch at:

(PC) FHM - Update 1.4.19
(Mac) FHM - Update 1.4.19

PC Installation instructions: After you download the file just install it over your existing game (you don't need to uninstall the old version first.) Make sure to select the correct path to your game if needed.
Mac Installation instructions: After you download the .dmg file, open it, move the fhm.app file to your applications folder and copy over the old version.

After installation, the game should display "Version 1.4.19" at the bottom of the statup screen; if it shows a different build number, you'll need to re-download and reinstall (and before doing so, make sure the update file you downloaded has been deleted and your browser cache cleared.)

Note that if you decide to uninstall and reinstall, you should first release one of your licenses via Preferences-License on the start screen.

Saves from earlier versions are compatible with this version. Be aware, however, that there is a chance (as in every patch) that bugs fixed in this patch may have caused long-term issues with the data in saved games. Starting a new game will always give the best chance at having the most stable and bug-free gaming experience. If you continue an earlier save and have problems, please let us know when you report the issue that it occurred when using an old save.

Note on issues with Mac OS X Mavericks:

Updated from the original post: Sebastian was able to get a fix in late and it appears to have resolved the new problem with the license check, so the game should work with Mavericks now. Because it was last-minute, we've only been able to do a limited amount of testing and didn't want to promise anything last night, but it's now worked on every system we've tried it with so far. Please let us know ASAP if you're a Mavericks user and continue to have problems getting the game to start.

Notes:

A large variety of changes in this patch, now that we're dealing with fewer stability-related issues and are addressing more in-depth aspects of the game. We've also recently added several new testers, and they've been very productive in finding issues that have been overlooked so far. So, while this patch fixes quite a bit, there remains a long list of things that we'll continue to work on. Barring serious, unexpected issues with this patch, it will likely be a while before the next one (aside from the Mavericks fix); Sebastian's update thread will provide more details about what we're working on as they're available.

Fixes/Changes:

New option at start of new modern games to start with rosters as of NHL opening night, or updated ones (in this version, from our November 24 data update.) We've done this in lieu of using quickstart files, since there were a few practical issues associated with updating those if it became necessary.
Now possible to specify startup injuries using presets.txt (will be expanded to include preset uniform numbers and captain/alternate status later).
Frequency of defenceman injuries adjusted, should now be more proportional to other positions.
Stats in career histories should now be totalled separately by league.
AI should no longer occasionally change user's training settings while training assistant is turned off.
User's role no longer editable in commissioner mode (preventing accidental disabling of some features if role is changed.)
Eligible players for CHL import drafts no longer occasionally un-viewable by user in later seasons.
League histories for customer leagues no longer have W-L-T missing in the standings.
Traded draft picks in historical mode now remain with correct team when draft rules change.
Single-season leaderboards no longer cleared each year in custom games.
No longer possible to place waived players on waivers again while they're still being waived.
Regular-season overtime length will now save when edited instead of reverting to 5.
Quickstarts should no longer change player names to "Jim Unknown."
"Transfer Fees In" line in team finances should now update properly after a transaction instead of being changed to the value of the cash acquired in the most recent transaction.
Extra check added to determine if players are interested in signing for a team on a different continent (this has slowed the flood of North American players to Europe considerably; there's also an age component that makes it a little rarer for players to jump directly from major junior to Europe without trying North American alternatives first.)
Transfer deadlines in playable European leagues should now reset correctly after the first season.
Dragging and dropping a player into an even-strength line on the lineup screen should now swap that player with the target, rather than just overwriting him.
Teams can no longer created extra budget room by offering over-budget contracts and then revoking the offer.
Very minor countries (Mongolia, etc.) should no longer occasionally create NHL star-caliber prospects (roughly the top 30 IIHF members have a chance of generating such a player, but the odds are very remote for countries that haven't had an NHL star yet, and low outside of the Big 7 countries that have produced multiple stars/superstars.)
Training checks on nonplayable teams now use better default coaching values, particularly at junior levels.
Rate of mental attribute improvement for goalies improved.
Passing, pokecheck, rebound, and skating ratings should now decline properly for goalies.
Young players should now be willing to sign two-way contracts.
Staff editing now works in the proper 1-20 range instead of 1-9.
Inability of some OHL teams to receive trade responses fixed.
PDO should now be calculated properly.
Player demands and team offers should now place more value on player potential.
Salary levels (both team offers and player requests) for higher-level NHL players increased, star UFA's should now get a lot more money (although there still appears to be issues with the contracts received by RFA's who aren't qualified.)
Crash when trying to view contract screens of some players fixed.
Various crashes during June 30-July 1 transition fixed.
Waivers should no longer be disabled in commissioner mode.
Various misspellings fixed.
1976 and 1991 NHL drafts and 1974 WHA draft in historical mode should now work properly.
Distribution of positions for newly-generated players adjusted, should no longer be too many defencemen, particularly LD's, and more goalies.
Quality/potential of generated players adjusted.
No longer possible to crash game by clicking OK from load screen with all saves deleted.
Some savegames should no longer be invisible in load menu.
Trade offers involving players that get selected in a (historical) expansion draft should now be closed automatically upon selection.
Trade deadline dates should change year-by-year in historical mode.
Add to Shortlist should now work properly from the Free Agent Centre screen.
Removing from shortlist should now work properly from home screen.
Player happiness should now not change when on the injured list.
Crash when attempting to view career histories of certain players fixed.
Issue GM contracts expiring at incorrect times fixed.
Mac version should now display non-English letters properly in news items.
Transactions for non-playable teams adjusted to reduce the frequency of NHL draft picks coming from low/generic levels in major countries.
AHL/ECHL teams now able to sign players away from existing contracts in a broader selection of lower-level leagues (SPHL, senior leagues, etc.)

The database has been receiving the usual bi-weekly updates as we've been working on the patch (and we'll probably begin recruiting for new researchers soon to replace inactive ones.) The NHL hidden ratings should now be filled in to a much more detailed level and not left at default levels, which will mean significant variations in things like aging, contract demands, playoff performance, etc. Performance adjustments were also made based on what's happened in the first quarter of the season.

Last edited by JeffR; 11-27-2013 at 05:30 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

great, thanks.

Last edited by dave1927p; 11-26-2013 at 10:02 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
Duranium
All Star Starter

no news on the ratings display error in historical mode ?

Guy Lapointe dropping 2 points each abi/pot 3 days after trade.....that´s a joke , right ?

Last edited by Duranium; 11-26-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

patch broke links to the folders where you put mod files for player pics,logos and such. I have tried re installing and re copying the files and game, continues to just use default graphics.i did put the files in the correct default folders. Once making a new game i still had this issue. However i saved the game, exited the program, manually copied the folders into the save game file directory and then the graphics came back.

Last edited by highheat42; 11-27-2013 at 02:00 AM.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #5
yzerwing
All Star Starter

The injury preset needs to be updated as their is a lot of injured players who are out for long term, when they aren't injured for that long in real life.

Example, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is listed as 6 months away. The game starts in August, so that would have him out into 2014, yet he is currently playing for Edmonton and has played 23 games already. There are lots of examples of this.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
The injury preset needs to be updated as their is a lot of injured players who are out for long term, when they aren't injured for that long in real life.

Example, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is listed as 6 months away. The game starts in August, so that would have him out into 2014, yet he is currently playing for Edmonton and has played 23 games already. There are lots of examples of this.
Looks like that may be a bug - it's supposed to be counting the injury length in the file from the date of the injury (he was hurt in April), not the start date of the game, but it sounds like it's doing the latter.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:34 AM   #7
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Same happened with Montreal and Emelin and Murray !
Old 11-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
no news on the ratings display error in historical mode ?
Still trying to determine exactly what's going wrong there. The player's attributes aren't dropping, so it's likely an issue with the way the scouting system is displaying or calculating the overall rating - there shouldn't be any shift in that from the user's point of view just because the player changed teams, though, so it's likely some odd interaction between historical mode and scouting.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

For any Mac users who read the notes earlier, I've updated the information re: Mavericks - a late change in this version may have resolved the problems, it's worked in testing so far.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorreporre View Post
Same happened with Montreal and Emelin and Murray !
Here's a quick fix for those preset injuries that are running too long. Replace the presets.txt file in these directories:

\Users\(username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick
\Users\(username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\Majors.quick

with the one I've attached below. That'll let Nugent-Hopkins, Helm, Emelin, etc. come back at the correct time.
Attached Files
File Type: txt presets.txt (2.7 KB, 217 views)
Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #11
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Still trying to determine exactly what's going wrong there. The player's attributes aren't dropping, so it's likely an issue with the way the scouting system is displaying or calculating the overall rating - there shouldn't be any shift in that from the user's point of view just because the player changed teams, though, so it's likely some odd interaction between historical mode and scouting.
Thx for the info

Seems like i didn´t get that initally - the ratings i see when a player is on another team can vary from those after i traded for him cause i had to rely on my scouts before the trade ? Is this correct ?

And an update - Only Guy Lapointe has dropped so far.....all others i traded for had lower abilty after i traded for them but are stable since (around game 49 now in the first season - 1967) and the potential rating didn´t change at all.....Vachon was 8.5/10 on the Habs (which seemed a little high anyway...lol), after the trade he was 7.0/9.0 and stable since the trade.
Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #12
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Here's a quick fix for those preset injuries that are running too long. Replace the presets.txt file in these directories:

\Users\(username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick
\Users\(username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\Majors.quick

with the one I've attached below. That'll let Nugent-Hopkins, Helm, Emelin, etc. come back at the correct time.
Thanks that did the trick !!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #13
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

I guess it's once again time to simulate a few seasons and see how it goes.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #14
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Still have WAY too much space in every single stats/ratings page..

Still do not calculate the single most publicized team statistics in Hockey: power play and penalty kill efficiency.. EDIT: Power Play goals for and against are tracked, but PP and SH changes are always "0" and "Tied for First"

In historical play there is not "Sim To" date other than "free agents file" once you're in the playoffs.. maybe "Playoffs are over" needs to be added?

Top 9 shutout leaders had 76 shutouts in 87-88 and Gretzky was the only player to score more than 100 points.. Not really accurate for the time period..

Traded Brendan Shannahan to Winnipeg for 3 draft picks.. It doesnt show up in his "History" under transactions.

Still can't turn off scouting..

Still can't change the "players retire with history" option in historical leagues..

Still can't change the "recalculate ratings after each season" option..

As for the last two, if we cant change them, WHY ARE THEY OPTIONS?? Also, WHY would I ever think about drafting a person with high potential if I know they played one NHL season in real life? They're going to be useless to my team...

Please please PLEASE let players just develop as they will and not just retire with history??

/rant

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 11-27-2013 at 12:28 PM.
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #15
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

Thanks so much for the update! Will have to try when I get home from work. Just out of curiosity, have goalie stat problems with shutouts and so on been dealt with? I didn't notice anything specifically about it in the change log. Thanks to you guys for the continuing hard work!

Last edited by gekkoguy82; 11-27-2013 at 09:06 AM.
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #16
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Been looking forward to this a lot, thanks guys.

No offer sheets? What about the rapidly declining goalie stats?
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
Been looking forward to this a lot, thanks guys.

No offer sheets? What about the rapidly declining goalie stats?
"Passing, pokecheck, rebound, and skating ratings should now decline properly for goalies."

No mention of RFA's that I can find... Scouting still sucks too

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
"Passing, pokecheck, rebound, and skating ratings should now decline properly for goalies."

No mention of RFA's that I can find... Scouting still sucks too
Ah, thanks. Sloppy read, too many fixes
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #19
Paraporla
Bat Boy

New Patch problem

I have downloaded the new patch, but when I try to launch the program quits. I went to then uninstall - reinstall but cannot open the game. When I click on Relaunch, it quits. When I click on re-set and re-launch it quits.
I cannot open the old version of FHM to change the license.
I use Mac OS 10.5. 8.
Paraporla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
Paraporla
Bat Boy

.... and every time I try to relaunch the drop window says Franchise Manger quit unexpectedly. I cannot get to the old game .... sigh.
Paraporla is offline   Reply With Quote