Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 AM   #41
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Could you please give me the link to the league files or upload the files to our FTP server (see FAQ)?
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #42
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Could you please give me the link to the league files or upload the files to our FTP server (see FAQ)?
I'd be glad to (if you were referring to me) when I get home.

One caution, these Vista crashes don't affect the league at all. I can take the same file to another Vista box or an XP box and it works fine. Also the crashes happen in every league loaded from solo to online leagues.

I'll upload later.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #43
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I'd be glad to (if you were referring to me) when I get home.

One caution, these Vista crashes don't affect the league at all. I can take the same file to another Vista box or an XP box and it works fine. Also the crashes happen in every league loaded from solo to online leagues.

I'll upload later.
Ugh. In that case you don't need to upload it, because it would not help me finding the problem. Better send me the computer

There must have been some change in the system settings on that computer which caused this trouble... no idea?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #44
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ugh. In that case you don't need to upload it, because it would not help me finding the problem. Better send me the computer

There must have been some change in the system settings on that computer which caused this trouble... no idea?
This is why it's frustrating, everything else works. I have no clue what to look for. I've run every test I can think of and no errors or flags come up.

I'll do one more complete uninstall/wipe/reinstall to see if anything changes.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 05-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #45
paulpharmd
Bat Boy

I am getting the same error and having the same problem mentioned by the others. I have tried to uninstall and remove what I thoght was every trace of the game from my computer including all documents in my documents and reinstalled the game and I was able to get in the game once and then the same error came up again. not sure what to do without reformatting me entire hard drive which would suck.
paulpharmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:17 AM   #46
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Did you try this already:
- disconnect your computer from the internet and don't connect it during the whole test (unplug the network cable)
- restart it
- shut down the Windows firewall, all the other firewalls you probably use on that computer, anti virus software, anti spyware Software, MS Defender, all other background programs which you can shutdown easily
- start OOTP and test it

If it works then one of these programs must be the problem. If it still doesn't work, do the same with Windows started in "Safe Mode" (OOTP will be slow then).

BTW how much free harddisk space do you have?

Last edited by Andreas Raht; 05-13-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #47
RchW
Hall Of Famer

No but I will this weekend. Thank you for trying to help. This is appreciated as I know how busy you must be with the new version.

Whoa! the release must be imminent how else do you have the time?

I couldn't resist.

RichW

Old 05-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #48
ty24
Bat Boy

Quote:
Did you try this already:
- disconnect your computer from the internet and don't connect it during the whole test (unplug the network cable)
- restart it
- shut down the Windows firewall, all the other firewalls you probably use on that computer, anti virus software, anti spyware Software, MS Defender, all other background programs which you can shutdown easily
- start OOTP and test it

If it works then one of these programs must be the problem. If it still doesn't work, do the same with Windows started in "Safe Mode" (OOTP will be slow then).

BTW how much free harddisk space do you have?
I attempted this and still got the same issues. I am not very computer savvy, so I may not have gotten everything closed, but think I did. I have 223GB free.
ty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #49
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

We posted similar information in other threads, but take a look at the following if you are still having trouble:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...nstalling.html
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #50
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

If anyone else is still having trouble, Markus suggests that you delete the user.dat file. Find it by typing "%appdata% into the explorer, then going to the folder Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 10\config
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #51
nate wooley
Minors (Single A)

Still no love.

Though I just installed OOTP 10 and it seems to work well.
nate wooley is offline   Reply With Quote