Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-28-2019, 12:34 AM   #1681
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
In Diamond .358, the Seattle Pilots and my Cowboys have not one but two whales in our division. I guess we'll be battling it out for third place.

Not much movement for the Cowboys in terms of players. I did buy Heinie Groh for 2,700 PP and sell Freddie Lindstrom for 4,500 PP. Considering Groh is a way better card, I say that's a nice upgrade at 3B while netting some extra PP.

The Bronze Argonauts made it to the Iron World Series, where we sadly lost. Magus keeps complaining about his results but he has 2 World Series wins! I would give up a lot for just one title...
Try being 2-9 in one run games already, so you damn right I'm gonna complain! It's the perfectionist in me! I complain because I care. This ain't bad luck, we just completely suck for this level.

In fairness, I poured $40 into that second team, which means it will never be part of OL. Third team is F2P and that team may join in the future once I get rid of all the live trash.

EDIT: It looks like I already got rid of the evil live trash.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 05-28-2019 at 01:06 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:50 AM   #1682
Magus978
All Star Starter

First S254 standings for the season. The Gutter Cats lead the pace with a perfect record, but the Puppies are chasing with great enthusiasm. Port Ruppert are having a bad case of the Mundy's and sit last among teams that have played games.

We have yet to hear from Bluffton, but they have 7 games in the month of May.
Attached Images

Last edited by Magus978; 05-28-2019 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:09 AM   #1683
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Here's the I167 schedule. Sorry for the delay. As always, it runs from the beginning of the season so most of this month's games have been played. I started doing it on paper, as I usually do, but after an hour I gave up and decided to do the attached spreadsheet. I had to run ut for awhile, and when I got back, I forgot to put a header on it. As for the + and OL controversy, you can do whatever feels right for you. The + makes looking at the schedule a lot easier. I never would've have known BASE was the abbreviation for Richmond without it.
Is Richmond a typo for Redmond ?

I believe the kids may have used BASE as their initial abbreviation (from one of the PT19 teams).
It has been changed to RED+ for Redmond.

Seattle Endless Summer has been adjusted to END+.

Apologies for all these adjustments but I told the kids to make sure they adopt the + and make the letters represent the name of the team.

Also, my schedule shows Red+ has 4 games at home against END+.
And END+ has 3 games at home against RED+. The current schedule shows 3 and 3.

Last edited by joehart; 05-28-2019 at 02:34 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:20 AM   #1684
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Is Richmond a typo for Redmond ?

I believe the kids may have used BASE as their initial abbreviation (from one of the PT19 teams).
It has been changed to RED+ for Redmond.

Seattle Endless Summer has been adjusted to END+.

Apologies for all these adjustments but I told the kids to make sure they adopt the + and make the letters represent the name of the team.

Also, my schedule shows Red+ has 4 games at home against END+.
And END+ has 3 games at home against RED+. The current schedule shows 3 and 3.

Thanks. Will fix and re-post. I struggled for an hour with pencil and paper (old fart) before deciding to use a spreadsheet. Much easier, but my eyes were wandering by then and I could have easily mistaken the two logos, which are slightly similar, after an hour. Also, the forum was being very balky, and I finally gave, thinking my post didn't even go up. I was surprised to see it there. I would ask others also to check. I'll try to later, when I get home. I have some lingering doubts.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-28-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:27 AM   #1685
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Here's the Correct (?) Schedule

Please check your team.
Attached Images
Old 05-28-2019, 06:30 AM   #1686
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League S254 Standings

After the first day, Palolo off to a hot start. They enjoy facing my three teams. I left the formula error in Bluffton's line because I don't trust myself to remember to put it back in.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-28-2019, 06:46 AM   #1687
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Money Well Spent?

I guess my investment of 25,590 PP in Chris Short, Frank Viola, Harvey Kuenn, Ron Santo, and Billy Swift was quite astute. It has translated into a 33-46, .418 collective start for my teams.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:17 AM   #1688
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
I guess my investment of 25,590 PP in Chris Short, Frank Viola, Harvey Kuenn, Ron Santo, and Billy Swift was quite astute. It has translated into a 33-46, .418 collective start for my teams.
Just think how bad your team would have been if you HADN'T gotten them!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:45 AM   #1689
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I167 Update

First standings for I167. It's way too early and there are way too many games to be played to draw any conclusions. If your team is doing well, congrats! If it's doing poorly, it's still early!

Sort of amazing that Melaka has already played 23 OL games in one month. In the olden days, you'd be happy to get 23 games in an entire season!

FYI, on my screen, Mudville and San Pedro have generic icons, you guys may want to re-submit your custom artwork.

Code:
Our League Standings - I167 - May 2, 2028			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Victoria Vikings	 4	 0	1.000
Pa Athletic Club	10	 5	 .667
Gotham Knights		 9	 5	 .643
Arkham Horrors		 7	 4	 .636
Seattle Endless Summer	 2	 2	 .500
Mudville Muffins	 8	 9	 .471
Redmond Defenders	 7	 8	 .467
Melaka Armada		10	13	 .435
San Pedro Cerranos	 6	 8	 .429
NZ Silver Ferns		 2	 3	 .400
Fancher Creek Pirates	 7	11	 .389
Stephensville Bears	 3	 7	 .300

spacer
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-28-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #1690
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post

Sort of amazing that Melaka has already played 23 OL games in one month. In the olden days, you'd be happy to get 23 games in an entire season!

FYI, on my screen, Mudville and San Pedro have generic icons, you guys may want to re-submit your custom artwork.

Boy, that sure is a crazy amount of OL games in one month.

Funny you should mention the art work as this is the first season ever (PT19 or PT20) that I was NOT forced to reload my art work at the start of a new season.

Not sure why it currently looks good on my side and not your side.

Anyone else seeing Mudville's "M" logo not being shown as the correct one?
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:54 AM   #1691
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
First standings for I167. It's way too early and there are way too many games to be played to draw any conclusions. If your team is doing well, congrats! If it's doing poorly, it's still early!

Code:
Our League Standings - I167 - May 2, 2028
 W L Pct
Victoria Vikings 4 01.000
Pa Athletic Club10 5 .667
Gotham Knights 9 5 .643
Arkham Horrors 7 4 .636
Seattle Endless Summer 2 2 .500
Mudville Muffins 8 9 .471
Redmond Defenders 7 8 .467
Melaka Armada1013 .435
San Pedro Cerranos 6 8 .429
NZ Silver Ferns 2 3 .400
Fancher Creek Pirates 711 .389
Stephensville Bears 3 7 .300

spacer

Not going to be able to do anything artwork wise before the weekend. Partly a busy week at work and partly new to making them. I tried last week to make one for my other team, it loads I see it and the first time the game sims to the next day it disappears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #1692
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Somebody else needs to start sending in results for Gold Level teams this week. School was out last Friday and after my wife finishes some last details today and maybe tomorrow, she will be off work until 2 weeks before school starts again. She will be wanting me to do things with and for her some days that I am free of when she has school kids to fill her time. I am not as retired when she is off as I am when school is in session.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:53 AM   #1693
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thanks. Will fix and re-post. I struggled for an hour with pencil and paper (old fart) before deciding to use a spreadsheet. Much easier, but my eyes were wandering by then and I could have easily mistaken the two logos, which are slightly similar, after an hour. Also, the forum was being very balky, and I finally gave, thinking my post didn't even go up. I was surprised to see it there. I would ask others also to check. I'll try to later, when I get home. I have some lingering doubts.

I am amazed that you get it to be so accurate. I can barely look at a few before all the logos start to blend together and look the same.

I wonder if there is a way to automate this or get it into the game.
Maybe there should be a “seasonal schedule” report that shows number of games and who you face and if the game is home/away without having to manually look at the schedule.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:17 AM   #1694
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Not going to be able to do anything artwork wise before the weekend. Partly a busy week at work and partly new to making them. I tried last week to make one for my other team, it loads I see it and the first time the game sims to the next day it disappears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not telling you to do artwork - you can run your team however you want. All I was saying is that I don't even see the big S logo shown in your signature below, so if you have that logo around somewhere I suggest you re-submit it to see if it updates for everyone.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #1695
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Do we have someone reporting on Bronze?
Old 05-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #1696
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Sorry I've been away. Lots of family time this weekend. So, two of my teams last week went to the postseason and, between them, won exactly 1 game.

Wow.

New Zealand Silver Ferns had the best record in the league, cruised to the end of the season with 99 wins...and managed to win 1 game in the postseason.

Arkham Horrors won the division and then got swept. Ouch.

And now I see BOTH are at the top of their divisions so far this year...will history repeat?

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #1697
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Bill Swift is terrible when it matters. I got rid of him for a reason...and now I'm getting rid of Matt Morris for that same reason. AWFUL! NEVER USE!!!

Last edited by Magus978; 05-28-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:33 AM   #1698
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

B218 Update

Quote:
Do we have someone reporting on Bronze?
As of the 10:30 sim

Code:
B218	              Wins	Loss	%
Asheboro Road Dogs	1	2	0.333
D B Pickleballers	2	1	0.667
Frankenthal Retros	0	0	-
Janesville Onyx	        3       3	0.500
Motown Stars	        5       4	0.556
Ozark Bobcats	        3	6 	0.333
Philadelphia Patriots	4	2	0.667

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:58 AM   #1699
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Two of my teams face each other in a 4 game series...I guess I should hope for a split...

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #1700
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Nice to see that the Vikings open up the season 4-0 and maintain their position on top of the all-time Our League standings, for however long that may be! I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

This looks to be an "also-ran" year for the Cowboys as we have two whales in the division along with the Pilots. I'm fine with that as I like staying in Diamond for now. What's awesome is that in the first month, we went in guns blazing and lit up the bigger whale 14-0 in one of our games! They had mostly Perfect cards with some Diamonds thrown in, so I'm happy with that. A win for Our League!

I'm looking to save up ~50,000 PP for the player I want (have half of that now). Anybody know roughly how much PP is earned per season? I have a good contact offense, but in Diamond level it earns less PP I'm sure. I haven't been keeping track of my PP intake as well as I should.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote