Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #141
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

Another excellent achievement. This game enjoys a prominent place in my life. I have a game going most of the time. Most of my free time I'm at least tinkering with it. Thanks again.
STLKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #142
BlueSkull
Minors (Single A)

Question How to create a league to start in 2000 with 2018 settings?

Trying to create fictional universe (Real teams, fictional players). Using League Creation Wizard...in Step 3 of 5:

1) In order to start a league in year 2000, I must make the League Standard Setting 2000 as well rather than starting in 2000 but with 2018 standards. Is it supposed to be that way? Or is that a bug?

2) And if I understand the box below it, "Automatically adjust league strategy..." only evolves the strategy but not the yearly statistical standard on which the overall league stats will be based.
BlueSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #143
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Hit It Out of the Park!

Love the new 3D!

Have more to say but not the time right now. i am excited for the future of the franchise!
Attached Images

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #144
BIGSIX
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't see where you can start up the new tournament mode. Is this not ready for release yet because this is the beta?

Never mind! Found it. I needed to start a regular league first.
Great Stuff.

Last edited by BIGSIX; 03-19-2018 at 04:21 PM.
BIGSIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #145
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Just started an 1871 replay after less setup time than previous versions.

Impressions:

1. I'm disappointed that no progress has been made on adding and deleting subleagues to make the league structure accurate. Nine teams instead of eight is progress, and it was nice to see all the players on the correct teams after disabling the inaugural draft.

2. Because the league structure is still not accurate, playing an accurate schedule requires entering all the games by hand. The as-played 1871 schedule won't import because the structure is different. Ugh. That's going to be a major pain in the 1890s.

3. Defensive ratings are the best I've seen in any version of the game. There is differentiation between the starters, the good defensive teams defend better, and the players with reputations as defenders have better ratings.

4.Errors seem a little light, which is consistent with previous versions and leads to lower scoring, but my sample size is way too small to be definitive about that.

5. I may be the only one reading PBP in this 3D era, but I appreciate the improvements.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis

Last edited by swampdragon; 03-19-2018 at 04:14 PM.
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #146
Cheesetruck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
Love the new 3D!

Have more to say but not the time right now. i am excited for the future of the franchise!
Awesome. I love this camera view!
Cheesetruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #147
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkull View Post
Trying to create fictional universe (Real teams, fictional players). Using League Creation Wizard...in Step 3 of 5:

1) In order to start a league in year 2000, I must make the League Standard Setting 2000 as well rather than starting in 2000 but with 2018 standards. Is it supposed to be that way? Or is that a bug?

2) And if I understand the box below it, "Automatically adjust league strategy..." only evolves the strategy but not the yearly statistical standard on which the overall league stats will be based.
1 sounds like a bug but I'm not sure I totally understand...

2 yes I believe that's correct.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #148
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisvillec271 View Post
This game is dope. How do I change the team colors for the in game display?
If you go to team settings then to the colors and uniforms page you can do it there.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #149
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
Love the new 3D!

This right here, makes so many things possible!!

1) Jerseys now show correctly and will look amazing.

2) Pants might be editable in the future to make all uniforms completely accurate.

3) Catchers gear color looks to be editable (probably based on team color) which means we can get pink and blue in for mothers and fathers day!
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #150
DWK
All Star Reserve

As always guy's Good Job
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #151
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

After finding out I could still order today (thanks Lukas!) I've just started a World of Baseball with all the official leagues. I've decided to start with the Chunichi Dragons in the *** with the aim of getting to the MLB down the line.

Just played out my first game and the new player animations are excellent and add even more immersion to the game. Now you can really get annoyed with errors as your third baseman sends the ball sailing past your first baseman. The pick of my first game was a bases clearing double in the top of the eighth to put me 6-2 ahead which was a great moment to see play out.

All the screens are really crisp and clear and the new live scores page is visually great as well.

Now I just need to let my third baseman know what my first baseman looks like so that he might pick him out once in a while!

Thanks to Markus, Matt and all for another fantastic version and definitely the best yet.

Last edited by Matt Uk; 03-19-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #152
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this is a duplicate or not. In the injuries.txt file there are two separate entries that seem to be the same thing to me:

Partially torn UCL
Partially torn UCL (elbow)

There's also:

Elbow ligament reconstruction surgery
Ruptured ulnar collateral ligament
Torn UCL

1) Isn't this all much of a muchness? 2) Will this not lead to way more TJ Surgeries than would normally happen? and of course 3) If this is intended, by all means ignore this post.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #153
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Not sure if this is a duplicate or not. In the injuries.txt file there are two separate entries that seem to be the same thing to me:

Partially torn UCL
Partially torn UCL (elbow)

There's also:

Elbow ligament reconstruction surgery
Ruptured ulnar collateral ligament
Torn UCL

1) Isn't this all much of a muchness? 2) Will this not lead to way more TJ Surgeries than would normally happen? and of course 3) If this is intended, by all means ignore this post.
I doubt it's intended. I did the file pretty quickly a year or so ago when we were first changing the injury system.

Actually I'm surprised people haven't found more stupid mistakes in it

Old 03-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #154
Folderol
Major Leagues

First, what a great surprise to receive the beta email this morning!!!

Without putting it through the paces, but just setting up the Mets to play the new season, let me say the game play interface is a HUGE leap forward. The game play is also greatly improved - I used to hate watching a catchable ground ball get held with no throw to first, or other subpar graphics issues. So far, playing out four games, the pure visual experience has been bumped up significantly.

I can't wait to really dig in!

So far - as always - worth every penny and then some!

Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #155
Phatman
Minors (Double A)

The only issue I'm seeing right now is purely cosmetic, I am using a 15" mac laptop and some of the scouting reports and other menu words are on top of each other. I can read it but kind of annoying. I figure you may already be aware and I'm pretty sure it will be fixed by official release day. On my desktop it's fine.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #156
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Game looks astounding! Menus and on field widgets look HIGHLY polished. Facegen is fantastic, especially in the lighting. The graphics packages look MLB TV worthy. Everything is super intuitive on the field. Can't comment on the more indepth stuff. But such flavor!
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #157
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
One thing I've seen is that some of the new scouting reports are cut off for me and I cant see the whole thing, might be because my screen is too small but i dont know for sure.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:13 PM   #158
zappa1
All Star Starter

Ok. My second post. Now I've finally played a few games after checking things out and I've got to say this is neat, cool, and got me smiling right through the game even though I'm losing the game. 3D is sharp. The park I played in looked cool. Time to transfer my other seasons from 2018.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:16 PM   #159
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Finally got to play my first game. From my point of view, I play all my games in 3D, this is my first impression:

A W E S O M E!

OOTP hits another home run!

This is just so much fun to play.

Congrats to Markus and his team. We are spoiled by this great new version.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #160
louisvillec271
Minors (Triple A)

Notice how Cincinnati, Brooklyn, Philly(A), and Washington all are grey in color? I want to know how to change those. I've tried in the team setting screen. I don't notice anything immediately obvious as to how to alter those colors.

Last edited by louisvillec271; 03-19-2018 at 05:21 PM.
louisvillec271 is offline   Reply With Quote