Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Exceeding International Amateur FA Budget

New to OOTP, and found out the hard way what happens when you exceed the international amateur budget. Once you exceed, the following year your budget is significantly reduced.

Does anyone know a way to reset it so its as if I didn't go over the budget the previous year? Now that I understand the rules, I'd like to play within the rules, just was hoping to be able to sign some players this year, under the 5mil budget, and then next year have the same 5mil budget (assuming I don't go over).

Also, what is the formula for when you go over? I think I went over by 1mil or so and only have 400K for this year....
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

This article has the rules

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/...nus-pools.html

Just skip a year, not a big deal.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
Phatman
Minors (Double A)

I was going to say the same, not a big deal. Wait until next year. I do it all the time. Really want a guy spend big knowing I won't have money next year. Keep moving
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #4
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

There's no way to reset because, even if you increase the budget, it increases it and for all the other teams and increases the players' demands. Plus, you are listed as having gone over the cap either way.

As the other guys have said, skipping a year isn't that big of a deal. I routinely go over the cap to get guys that I really like, knowing that I won't be able to the following year. It is basically a, "spend big every other year" kind of philosophy.
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

I thought I read in another thread (earlier version of the game) that you can set the budget to 0? Would that work?

If that works, could I change the budget back to normal after that, to go back to 5mil the next year?

I realize I can just skip a year, I'm just too stubborn :P. I honestly wouldn't have gone over last year if knew it would cause me to have such a small budget this year. Nobody stuck out last year, but a few guys really stick out this year.
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:44 PM   #6
Phatman
Minors (Double A)

Do whatever you want it's your game. But there will be more guys. I don't think you can reset it but then again I've never done what your trying to do. Good luck!
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:50 PM   #7
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgz24 View Post
I thought I read in another thread (earlier version of the game) that you can set the budget to 0? Would that work?

If that works, could I change the budget back to normal after that, to go back to 5mil the next year?

I realize I can just skip a year, I'm just too stubborn :P. I honestly wouldn't have gone over last year if knew it would cause me to have such a small budget this year. Nobody stuck out last year, but a few guys really stick out this year.

You know what? I think you might be right. Try it!
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote