Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #381
RagingBullwinkle55
Minors (Single A)

Shots On Goal Not Matching Shot Flags On Ice Rink View

Simming my first game with the new patch with the ice rink view, Rangers vs. Coyotes. I noticed the first shot flag that appears on the ice reads "2" instead of "1". By the end of the game, the tally of shot flags did not match that of the Shots On Goal on the scoreboard, that's including those shots that scored.
RagingBullwinkle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #382
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Some minor things that still exist and are really annoying:

1. Button sensitivity on Mac. Still need to click twice almost every time when I'm navigating the menu. There seems to be a tiny sweetspot on each button that you need to hit for the command to work. Didn't have this problem with my PC.

2. When a player gets injured you get a pop-up. "Valeri Nichuskin is injured, please adjust your roster". So you go do it, put lines in place and click "finish day" and you get that same message again and have to click "finish day" again. Minor but very annoying.

Edit: "Clicking on "report" in in-game view should no longer result in crash." does indeed still result in a crash on Mac.

Last edited by thepete; 10-03-2013 at 10:57 AM.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #383
Paraporla
Bat Boy

1.2.10 Crash

Hi.
Unbelievably the newly down-loaded patch 1.2.10 crashes when I press "delete message." Yikes.
Paraporla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #384
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
Some minor things that still exist and are really annoying:

2. When a player gets injured you get a pop-up. "Valeri Nichuskin is injured, please adjust your roster". So you go do it, put lines in place and click "finish day" and you get that same message again and have to click "finish day" again. Minor but very annoying.
Send your injured player to the injury list and the second message goes away.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #385
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
Just did a test sim with a new season. The protected list does work now, but I still have no players in the draft.
OK, finaly did yet another new season test, and the draft does work. So now the problem is when you apply an update patch, it screws up your already started games.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #386
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Great, we will do an internal build later this week, I will contact you once it is available.
Hi! My old Vista-laptop broke down. I bought a new PC with XP sp3. Strangely the problem still there. Nothing happens when I click "New historical game". New version of FHM didn't help. Nobody contacted me about it...
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #387
rocksbury
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Crashing and bugs Version 1.2 Build 10

First issue involves trading when completing a transaction the trade screen is stuck on Tampa and Chicago.
Chicago is offering one player Tampa nothing and because these are not human controlled teams I cannot alter the teams.
Saving,closing and restarting fixes as well as commissioner mode forcing it out.

Second issue occurs when starting a match on Away ice. Once the puck is dropped instant CTD.

System is Windows 7 Ultimate.
GTX 670 2GB
12GB XM3
AMD FX-4100

The game is installed to a custom directory, specifically E drive which is a SSD. Only FHM and OOTP are installed to that drive.
rocksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #388
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
Send your injured player to the injury list and the second message goes away.
Sending a player to IR isn't always the best thing to do, from a roster management point of view.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #389
landru22
Major Leagues

Using Version 1.2 Build 10, I'm having difficulty setting OT time to 5 minutes in my custom league. When I change it to 5 and hit save it immediately goes back to 20 minutes. I don't recall this being an issue prior to this patch. Thank You.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #390
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

e10066b8bbf30c62a8058f2347be7288.png
strange shootout

Last edited by lorreporre; 10-05-2013 at 11:50 AM.
lorreporre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #391
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
Using Version 1.2 Build 10, I'm having difficulty setting OT time to 5 minutes in my custom league. When I change it to 5 and hit save it immediately goes back to 20 minutes. I don't recall this being an issue prior to this patch. Thank You.
Just to elaborate a bit more, I setup a custom game choosing 22 teams 80 game schedule. In the initial setup screen I choose my preferences for Game Rules and Game Rules Playoffs. The differences from the defaults are: Points for OT loss=0, Pts for shootout loss=0, Pts. for Draw=1, OT skaters=5, Penalty Shots=0, OT draw enabled. No changes made to playoff game rules.

When the initial setup is complete I choose Commissioner mode and then look at the Game Rules screen under Edit League>League Rules. The OT Skaters (which I had set to 5 in the initial setup wizard) is now at 3, The period length for a playoff game is set to 5 (I did not change it from the default of 20 in the setup wizard). When I try to change any of these variables back to what I want, they change but, the regular season OT length changes to 20. When I try to change it back to 5 and click on SAVE it reverts right back to 20. I hope I explained the problem properly here. Thanks.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #392
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

anyone else that cant sign players from the khl to nhl even tho you have the rights to the player? i cant seem to sign anyone from there.the only way to do it is to go into commish mode and add the clause so i can sign them
Aliean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #393
skrollins
Bat Boy

The trade logic is completely broken when any - ANY - draft pick is thrown in. As much as I love utterly ripping off CPU GMs in hockey sims, and believe me I do, this is ridiculous. With the Flames, I managed to get Kane and Stamkos without giving up any top young players or picks aside from Backlund, just because I threw in a couple crappy draft picks. However, moving on to a more day to day bugs....

Right now I'm in a first round playoff series. I played 82 games in the in game mode, usually simming through to the end of each period then looking at the box score after. However, for some reason, now whenever I click on the game report the game crashes.
skrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #394
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
anyone else that cant sign players from the khl to nhl even tho you have the rights to the player? i cant seem to sign anyone from there.the only way to do it is to go into commish mode and add the clause so i can sign them
you have to wait for the offseason
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #395
Lucious
Bat Boy

Free agent signing bug

Hello,

I installed the new patch and there is still a bug in the free agent signing that enables you to sign NHL caliber players to bad teams with minimal price. All you have to do is start negotiation, press meet demand then select years and minimum wage, they always accept. Tested with Tampereen Ilves, acquired D. Stepan and Tim Thomas both for 5 years and $30 000 a year deals.
Lucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:37 AM   #396
skrollins
Bat Boy

Well this seems to be a massive glitch - just before the start of the second season in my sim, St. Louis put what appeared to be their entire team on waivers. Took advantage of it to grab Backes, but, uh...
skrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #397
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrollins View Post
Well this seems to be a massive glitch - just before the start of the second season in my sim, St. Louis put what appeared to be their entire team on waivers. Took advantage of it to grab Backes, but, uh...

There's blowing up a team ... and then's there's BLOWING up the team

Maybe they didn't like any of those players? :P

St Louis Coach : Dang, we just missed the playoffs by one point
St Louis GM : Waive them
St Louis Coach : Waive who?
St Louis GM : All of them!
St Louis GM : Yes, every last one of them ... waviers I tell you, ON WAIVERS!!!!

Last edited by Mordrehl; 10-06-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #398
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Shootout vs. same goalie

During a game that resulted in a shootout...the highlights on the game screen showed that both teams took shots on the same goalie. Game was in the EPHL for Peterborough Phantoms. Sorry...forgot to copy the screen itself for the bug.
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #399
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Injuries are such a joke ^^

Have played Three games with the Habs (one running)since the new beta patch came out, and every time i get plenty of injuries, mostly from my defenders .... that can't be right.
Played only 7 games in the current season, and have already Subban, Murray, Nygren, Emelin, Gionta, Moen and a newly traded Roussel injured (Murray twice already ) ..... Realistically it would have been Markov (just joking)
Who's next, Price and Plekanec ?

Some will answer that i could tweak the injuries in commissioner mode but i decided to play the game as it is without any tweaking.

You could say it is bad luck, and i could accept that but this happens in every game, and always with key players !!!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #400
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelt View Post
Hi! My old Vista-laptop broke down. I bought a new PC with XP sp3. Strangely the problem still there. Nothing happens when I click "New historical game". New version of FHM didn't help. Nobody contacted me about it...
I figured it out finally!!! The game doesn't allow to start in historical mode when you just activated your license. You need to re-run the game to be able to launch a historical mode league. There is also a bug (on my Windows-Vista-laptop) which required to activate license every time I launch the game, which caused the problem. That (activating every time) wasn't a problem for me, I thought it should work that way. That also didn't cause any problems with historical mode in pre-release versions. On my new XP-PC I don't need to activate license every time, so I relaunched the game and historical mode works fine. Hope that helps.

And also "thanks" (thumbs down) to ootp team for lack of support on the issue. Clearly not worth of my money. Next version I'll better wait for pirates' release.

Last edited by kelt; 10-06-2013 at 02:07 PM.
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote