Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #61
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Tony, could you please move this thread as well? Although it's not titled "Vista" that is where the first discussion occurred and where a lot of the detail including crash logs etc were provided to OOTPD.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...wing-data.html

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #62
damjones
Bat Boy

More info for tech spport to review

Here is more information about my zonealarm firewall. I am running zonealarm extreme security. i hope the fix gets discovered quickly. Any idea if windows 7 and XP mode will solve this issue?

TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
Driver version:8.0.298.035
Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
Anti-virus signature DAT file version:984064591
Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200905.5855
AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.153.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0
damjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #63
targy
All Star Starter

I am having the same crash on exit problem and I have Avira on my system
Old 05-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #64
dieselboy
Minors (Single A)

"Lineup" "Roster" "Pitching" tabs causing OOTP to freeze - Vista

Other tabs work fine. Whenever I try to access my lineup, the game freezes.

I have re-installed and re-downloaded and it still happens.

Thanks in advance.
dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #65
ty24
Bat Boy

Can we get an update on this item that has been open for over 2 months now? Oh that's right, only a "small percentage" of us are having the problem, so it doesn't matter. You don't get any additional money for tech support, so there is no need to proceed. OOTPX is where the money is at now, so forget about the "small percentage" of us that can't get OOTP9 to work correctly and pretend like there has not been and will not be any issue w/ Vista users in OOTPX. How greedy can you be?
ty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #66
toddgregory
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty24 View Post
Can we get an update on this item that has been open for over 2 months now? Oh that's right, only a "small percentage" of us are having the problem, so it doesn't matter. You don't get any additional money for tech support, so there is no need to proceed. OOTPX is where the money is at now, so forget about the "small percentage" of us that can't get OOTP9 to work correctly and pretend like there has not been and will not be any issue w/ Vista users in OOTPX. How greedy can you be?
strongly worded but accurate
toddgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #67
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddgregory View Post
I have run Oootp 9 successfully on my laptop until recently. I now get the message that says Ootp found that crashed on startup flag.set it has reset graphic settings to default values. yada yada

Each time I attempt to start Ootp it stops working and closes.

I am running Vista
I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled (several times)
I have the latest version
I have run as administrator
I have included an exception in my AVG anit-virus program
I have plenty of RAM and memory space (as the game ran successfully before).

Any suggestions on what I can do?? If this issue has been addressed successfully please point me to the thread that includes the solution.

I know this issue has been addressed in several threads, but I have been unable to find any solutions to this issue that is apparently facing myself and other users.
Quote:
exactly the same problem that I and it appears others are having
Quote:
it says I have 215 MB of available memory
Quote:
Don't think it is a memory problem as I just upgraded my RAM today to 1.5 Gig and Ootp still wont run.
Quote:
WOW I wish I could play OOTP 9!
Quote:
good luck getting an answer. I and several others have had this trouble and have no luck with solutions. I am convinced it is not a memory (i upgraded) screen resolution or firewall/antivirus problem (the game worked before). It is a VISTA problem that apparently no one can resolve. I am very concerned the new game will have the same problem
Quote:
Bump
Quote:
Not trying to be difficult, just don't want this issue to get lost in the shuffle. I think the problem is more widespread than you do as well, cuz see at least 4-5 other individuals with the same problem. Again, it is a VISTA issue I believe or else a Windows update issue. (Given the fact that I played OOTP 9 for months on this laptop without incident.) Im not a programmer or tech support guy so I can't be more specific
Quote:
This is a problem!
Quote:
With credit to HOFer Curtis, I announce my new campaign. Please, investigate and address the VISTA issue. It is affecting a SIGNIFICANT segment of the OOTP community. (They often say that for every complaint there are 99 other people who suffer in silence.)

Please dont ask me to reset, reinstall, or troubleshoot. I am not tech support. I dont know whats wrong. I just know that OOTP 9 used to work and now it doesn't. I realize that OOTP's current focus is the newest version. But understand I will immediately request a refund should I have the same issues with running OOTP 10 as I do with OOTP and VISTA.

Should we have the same trouble with OOTP 10, we shouldn't have to wait for a patch or be understanding since we identified this issue months ago with OOTP 9.

This is my campaign to address the OOTP compatibility issue with VISTA.
Quote:
strongly worded but accurate
Toddgregory, please understand that Nutlaw isn't paid by OOTP and that he volunteers his time trying to help in the tech support forum. As I read through this thread, I'm not seeing much useful information posted by you. As such, I;ve got some questions for you:

1. What version of Vista are you running?
2. Laptop or Desktop?
3. What's the video card you are using
4. What driver is being used?
5. What display are you playing on?
6. In the system event log, are there any errors referring to OOTP under the Windows Logs -> Application, Windows Logs-> System? If so, please post the entire log.

Last edited by jarmenia; 05-24-2009 at 10:01 PM.
jarmenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #68
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

More questions:

7. Are you using UAC?
8. Do you have windows defender installed?

Old 05-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #69
Arlie Latham
Major Leagues

And to round out the questionnaire:

9. Have you ever been inside a Turkish prison?

10. Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/Arlie_Latham/
Arlie Latham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #70
toddgregory
Major Leagues

Arlie,

Thanks for interjecting some humor into a very frustrating situation.

I will start by saying I love OOTP, the concept, the board, the game.

Also, Jarmenia...an excellent job of summarizing my concerns which began awhile back.

While I may sound b***chy in my posts, it is partly because I wanted to avoid being told to reinstall, or that I dont have enough memory, or that its my anit-virus program. I am fairly certain it is none of these.

I understand Nutlaw is a volunteer, but would hope that someone from OOTP would monitor these boards and recognize what I perceive as a problem for me and others.

And I believe while I have been persistent and insistent in voicing my concerns, I have not attacked Nutlaw or anyone else.

Jermania, you ask some legitmate questions that I will attempt to answer...

I am using a Presario F500 laptop that is running Genuine Windows® Vista® Home Premium.

I believe the video card is a NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6100...not sure as I am not a techie (sorry)...

Display is 1280 x 800
Driver version is 7.15.10.9737
here is something I found

Faulting application ootp9.exe, version 2.0.0.0, time stamp 0x49646aec, faulting module nvoglv32.dll, version 7.15.10.9737, time stamp 0x456bd8f6, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00236aad, process id 0x1504, application start time 0x01c9dcd19772f5c2.

If UAC is set as default on the computer I am using it...I am the only person who utilizes this computer and have administartive priveliges. (not really familiar with the UAC concept)

I am using windows defender

Now I will add this. I loaded OOTP onto this laptop immediately upon purchase which was in July of 2008. I ran OOTP successfully on it until probably January when I began having these problems. During such time I do not think I reconfigured any part of the computer setup mainly because I dont know how.

Finally, THANK YOU Jermania for taking an interest in my problem. Hopefully a solution can be found!

BTW_I'm not answering either 9 or 10 lol

Last edited by toddgregory; 05-24-2009 at 11:21 PM.
toddgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #71
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Faulting application ootp9.exe, version 2.0.0.0, time stamp 0x49646aec, faulting module nvoglv32.dll, version 7.15.10.9737, time stamp 0x456bd8f6, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00236aad, process id 0x1504, application start time 0x01c9dcd19772f5c2.
nvoglv32.dll is an NVidia driver. They released new drivers on May 6, 2009. Have you updated to the latest drivers?

Also, try disabling face gen using theis method:

1. Open the Windows Start menu, click on "Run", enter %appdata%\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 8\data\config if you're using OOTP 8 or %appdata%\Sports Interactive\OOTP Baseball 2007\data\config if you're using OOTP 2007 and hit Enter. This should open a folder with some config files in it.
2. Open the "app" file with Notepad or another text editor.
3. Look for the line that looks like this:

disable_facegen

4. Change the 0 to a 1, and save the file.
5. Quit OOTP
6. Restart OOTP

Old 05-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #72
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Installing to a custom directory worked for these guys:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...eze-vista.html
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #73
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

If anyone else is still having trouble, Markus suggests that you delete the user.dat file. Find it by typing "%appdata% into the explorer, then going to the folder Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 10\config
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote