Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 11-03-2019, 10:54 PM   #541
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 1st, 1987

With my family still in town, I hope we can put on a bit better show for them.

Today the Expos are pitching Bryan Clutterbuck (1-16, 7.15).

The Giants have Rick Sutcliffe (10-9, 3.43).

I have gone only 1 for 9 vs Clutterbuck.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by grounding out to Mark McLemore at 2nd.

In the 2nd the Expos opened the scoring when Thomas Howard crossed on a Bryan Dayett sac fly.

Expos lead 1-0

We grabbed the lead in the bottom half when Rob Deer and John Rabb scored on a double by Rick Sutcliffe.
I flew out to end it.

Giants lead 2-1

I came up in the 4th with two out and Alan Cockrell on 1st. I grounded out to Pedro Guerrero at 3rd.

In the 5th Chili Davis smacked a two run homer.

Giants lead 4-1

Mark Clear took over pitching for us in the 6th. He double switched with Bobby Grich taking over at 2nd for Robby Thompson.

I led off in the 7th, now facing Keith Comstock, making his major league debut. I struck out.

I made my first defensive play in the 8th, taking care of a McLemore grounder for the 1st out.
With a man out Dennis Eckersley came in, with a double switch that saw Tom O'Malley taking over for Mike Aldrete at 1st.
Guerrero immediately doubled, scoring Jose Oquendo from 1st. Then Guerrero scored on a Thomas Howard single. I caught a Tim Flannery pop to end the threat.

Giants lead 4-3

In the 9th Eck struck out the first two and then I handled a grounder from pinch-hitter Joey Cora to end the game.

We got the win, which was great, but I played pretty badly. I went 0 for 4.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 11-17-2019 at 09:47 AM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:56 AM   #542
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 2nd, 1987

We are wrapping up agains the Expos today and I want to have one really good game in front of my family.

The Epos are pitching Wally Whitehurst (3-9, 5.81).

The Giants have Bryan Hickerson (8-7, 4.21).

I have done well in limited chances against Whitehurst, going 3 for 6.

I got in the action early, handling a Jose Oqiendo grounder for the 2nd out of the game. Unfortunately it was followed by a walk, a single, and a three-run homer by Rich Gedman.

Expos lead 3-0

I led off the bottom half by taking pitch off my knee. That stung, but I was okay. With one out, stolen base #94. Chili Davis followed with a home run to out us back within one.

Expos lead 3-2

I came up with two out in the 2nd and pushed one through the left side for a single. I got no further.

I next came up in the 4th with none out, Alan Cockrell on 2nd, and Bryan on 1st. I hit one deep to short for an infield single, loading the bags. Mike Aldrete then grounded out, but the rest of us moved up, scoring Alan. Chili then singled, scoring both Bryan and I. Steve Stanicek double, scoring Chili and later Steve scored on an error.

Giants lead 7-3.

I got the 1st out in the 5th, off an Oquendo grounder.

I came up in the 5th with one out, Bryan on 1st, and Michael Mielke pitching. I lined one past the 2nd baseman for a single. Bryan moved to 3rd. I tried to steal 2nd but I was caught.
Mike Aldrete reached on an error and Bryan scored. Chili walked and then Steve hit a two run triple.

Giants lead 10-3

I got the 3rd out in the top of the 7th off a Mark McLemore grounder.

I came up with one out in the 7th and Jeff Shaver on the mound. I grounded out to Joey Cora at 2nd.

I got the 1st out in the 8th off a grounder by pinch hitter Ken Landreaux. I then took a Shane Mack grounder for a 2nd out fielder's choice.
Scott Service took over pitching for us after that. He immediately coughed up a two run gopher ball to Gedman.

Giants lead 10-5

We got them back and more when Rob Deer hit a three-run homer in the bottom of the 8th.
I ended the inning by striking out to Mark Tindall.

Giants lead 13-5

Scott gave up a 9th inning walk but that was it and we had the win.

Steve Stanicek had five hits!

I had a good day myself, going 3 for 5 with 2 runs scored and a stolen base. (And a caught stealing... my 13th one of those this year.)

Chili and Steve were the top players of the day according to SportsCentre.

So, I got my good game in for my family. They are heading back and we have an off-day tomorrow, waiting for the Phillies to come to town.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:41 AM   #543
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 4th, 1987

September and we are in 1st place. Could this be my first trip to the post-season?

The Phillies are in town and they are bringing Kevin Gross (12-10, 4.18).

The Giants are pitching Bruce Ruffin (16-9, 2.90).

I have gone only 5 for 28 vs Gross.

I got active right away as I took a Tim Raines grounder for the 1st out. Then I did the same to the 2nd batter, Von Hayes.

I led off our half by grounding out to Garry Templeton at short.

In the 2nd I got the 3rd out off a Ron Hassey grounder.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Chris Brown on 3rd. I snuck one through the left side for an RBI single! I got no further.

Giants lead 1-0

The Phillies tied it up quickly as Dwight Evans led off the 4th with a home run.

Game tied 1-1

In the 5th Raines hit a bigger one - a three run blast.

Phillies lead 4-1

I led off in the 6th by wearing a curveball. I advanced to 2nd on a groundout by Mike Aldrete. I picked up stolen base #95 as Chili Davis was being walked. I was left there.

In the 7th we got a sweet Ruffin - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Ray Knight and Gross off a bunt.

We got one back in the bottom half when Robby Thompson crossed on a groundout by Chris.

Phillies lead 4-2

The Phils got it right back when Hayes hit a solo homer in the 8th.
Nestor brought Pat Perry in to pitch.
The Phillies loaded the bases against him but couldn't score.

Phillies lead 5-2

I came up in the 8th with none out and pinch hitter Jerry Mumphrey on 2nd. I flew out to Bo Jackson in left.
Jerry ended up scoring on an error.

Phillies lead 5-3

Dennis Eckersley came in to pitch the 9th.
He got his three and Chris hit a solo shot in the bottom half, but we still fell short, losing 5-4.

I went 1 for 3 with a single, and RBI, and a stolen base.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:44 AM   #544
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 5th, 1987

Today the Phillies are pitching Erik Hanson (11-9, 3.69).

The Giants have Eric Show (12-11, 3.66).

I have gone 4 for 14 against Hanson.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by making that 5 for 15 with a single through the left side. With one out I picked up stolen base #96. With two out I went to 3rd on a balk by Hanson and then scored on a wild pitch.

Giants lead 1-0

The lead was short lived as Juan Samuel hit a solo shot with one out in the 2nd.

Game tied 1-1

We got it right back when Robby Thompson led off the bottom half with a solo shot of his own.

Giants lead 2-1

I led off the bottom of the 3rd by flying out to Bo Jackson in right.
Mike Aldrete followed me with a solo homer.

Giants lead 3-1

In the 5th Ray Knight scored from 3rd when Steve Stanicek dropped a fly in centre.

Giants lead 3-2

I came up with one out in the 5th and hit my 2nd home run of the season! I don't do that very often!

Giants lead 4-2

In the 7th I started a nice Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Samuel and Garry Templeton.

I came up with two out in the 7th and flew out to Tim Raines in left.

Dennis Eckersley came in to close it out in the 9th. He gave up a single, but that was all, and he had his MLB leading 35th save.

I went 2 for 4 with a HOME RUN, a single, an RBI, two runs scored, and a stolen base. Good day!

After the game we found out that Ruben Sierra had been called up from Phoenix. Another smart, young guy I can take baseball with.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:34 AM   #545
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 6th, 1987

We are wrapping up the series against the Phillies. They are pitching Mike Morgan (7-14, 6.22).

The Giants have Rick Sutcliffe (11-9, 3.39).

I have never faced Morgan, even though he has started for Philadelphia that last couple of years.

Rick allowed a couple of baserunners in the 1st but we finished things off with a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Dwight Evans and Bo Jackson.

I led off our half by hitting it behind 2B for a single. Stolen base #97. I went to 3rd on a Mike Aldrete groundout and scored on a Chili Davis single. Steve Stanicek then reached on an error and Rob Deer popped a three-run tater.

Giants lead 4-0

I came up in the 2nd with one out and Rick on 1st. I hit one into the right field corner for a double, moving Rick to 3rd. Mike got another productive groundout as Rick scored and I moved to 3rd. I was left there.

Giants lead 5-0

In the 3rd Steve scored on a Robby Thompson groundball.

Giants lead 6-0

I got the 3rd out in the 4th off a Jackson grounder.

I came up in the bottom of the 4th with one out and Rod Nichols on the mound. I grounded out to Evans at 1st.

In the 5th Chili scored when Chris Brown was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded.

Giants lead 7-0

The Phillies got on the board in the 6th when Von Hayes scored on a single by Evans. I grabbed a Jackson grounder to end it.

Giants lead 7-1

I led off the bottom half by grounding one right back to Nichols.

In the 7th Juan Samuel crossed on a Ray Knight groundout.

Giants lead 7-2

I came up in the 8th with one out and Rick on 1st. Xavier Hernandez was pitching. I got hit by a completely unintentional pitch. Rick and I were left there.

Rick allowed a couple of runners in the 9th but no runs and we had the win.

I went 2 for 4 with a single, a double, one run scored, and one stolen base.

I am hitting .275.

We are hitting the road again, on our way to Houston.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:33 PM   #546
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 7th, 1987

We are in Houston, playing in the Astrodome.

The Astros are pitching Mike Scott (14-11, 2.99).

The Giants have Doyle Alexander (14-7, 3.23).

I have gone 7 for 33 against Scott, about average for him.

I led off the game by striking out.

The 'Stros got on the board first when Keith Moreland crossed on a 2nd inning single by Tim Jones.

Astros lead 1-0

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Alan Cockrell on 1st. I grounded out to Bill Doran at 2nd.

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the 4th, snagging a liner by Ken Griffey.
Then I got the 2nd off a Jones grounder.

I then handled a grounder by Harold Baines for the final out in the 5th.

We were still hitless.

I came up with one out in the 6th and grounded one right back to Scott.

Chili Davis broke up Scott's no-hitter with a single in the 7th, but was still unable to score.

Nestor lifted Doyle with two out in the 7th. His pitch count was just too high. Jeff Robinson came in stranded the two inherited runners.

After Chili broke the curse, the floodgates seemed to open. I came up in the 8th with one out and the bases juiced. Robby Thompson was on 3rd, Chris Brown was on 2nd, and pinch hitter Ruben Sierra was on 1st. I hit one deep to right. Baines caught it but Robby scored to tie the game!

Game tied 1-1

Scott Garrelts took over in the bottom of the 8th.

In the 9th Nestor turned it over to Dennis Eckersley with the game still tied. He also double switched Bobby Grich in for Robby.

I came up in the 10th with two out and Doug Sisk pitching. I knocked one through the left side for a single. Stolen base #98. Mike Aldrete singled and I scored from 2nd, giving us the lead. Mike then scored on a Chili double. Chili scored on a wild pitch.

Giants lead 4-1

Three outs later, Eck had nailed down the win!

I went 1 for 4 with a single, a sac fly, an RBI, a run scored, and a stolen base!

Old 11-17-2019, 12:16 AM   #547
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 8th, 1987

It is the middle game in Houston and the Astros are pitching Craig McMurtry (6-3, 4.45).

The Giants have Bryan Hickerson (9-7, 4.24).

I have gone 2 for 5 vs McMurtry.

I led off the game by putting one through the right side for a single. Stolen base #99. With one out, Chili Davis walked. Double steal... and that is #100!
Steve Stanicek walked, to load the bases.
Yet somehow, we were unable to score.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Chris Brown on 1st. I struck out.

We opened the scoring in the 3rd. First Mike Aldrete walked and later scored on a single by Steve. Then Chili scored on a single by Rob Deer.

Giants lead 2-0

In the bottom half I got the first out on a fielder's choice ball by Bill Doran.

I came up with one out in the 4th and grounded out to Karl Allaire at short.

The Astros got on the board in the 4th when Harold Baines scored on a Mark Bailey sac fly.

Giants lead 2-1

I came up in the 6th with one out and Chris on 3rd and Bryan on 2nd. Scott McGregor was now pitching. I flew out to Baines in right... too shallow for Chris to score. Mike Aldrete followed with a two run single.

Giants lead 4-1

I came up with one out in the 8th and Dwight Bernard pitching. I grounded out to Doran at 2nd.

With one out in the 9th, Bryan finally ran out of gas (after striking out TEN Astros). Nestor went to Scott Garrelts. Scott got one out but one batter reached on an error and another got a single so Nestor swapped in Dennis Eckersley. Doran hit one deep but it stayed in the park and the game was over.

I went 1 for 5 with a single and two stolen bases.

Bryan was named the #3 star of the day across all of MLB.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #548
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 9th, 1987

We are wrapping up the series in the Astrodome today.

Houston is pitching Bryn Smith (13-9, 3.13).

The Giants are going with Bruce Ruffin (16-10, 3.00).

I have gone 4 for 15 vs Smith.

I kicked off the game by grounding out to Tim Jones at short.

In the bottom half Bill Doran singled but then Brian Harper hit into a nice Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play.

In the 2nd Rob Deer doubled and then scored on a Robby Thompson single.

Giants lead 1-0

The Astros got it back in the bottom half when Craig Biggio scored on a Jeffrey Leonard double.

Game tied 1-1

I led off the 3rd by grounding out to Jones again.

I got the final out of the inning by catching a Harold Baines pop up.

I led off the 6th by grounding out to Keith Hernandez at 1st.
The rest of the inning went better. Mike Aldrete and Chili Davis scored on a double by Rob. Then Steve Stanicek scored on a single by Robby and Rob scored on a Chris Brown sac fly.

Giants lead 5-1

I led off again in the 7th, now facing Mark Ross. I finally got a hit, putting own up the middle for a single. Stolen base #101 AND 102. I ended up scoring on a single by Steve.

Giants lead 6-1

Mark Davis came in to relieve for us during the 7th. He finished off the inning and in the 8th Nestor went to Scott Service.

I led off for the fifth time, in the 9th, facing Anthony Kelley. I grounded out to Doran at 2nd.

Scott ended up getting six out sin a row to secure our fifth straight win.

I went 1 for 5 with a single, a run scored, and two stolen bases.

We follow this game with a travel day as we head to Cincinnati.

Old 11-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #549
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 11th, 1987

We are in Cincinnati to take on the Reds. They are pitching Rick Mahler (12-11, 4.52).

The Giants have Rick Sutcliffe (12-9, 3.33).

We are on a five game roll.

I have not done well against Mahler, going 1 for 13.

I led off the game by flying out to Claudell Washington in right.

Chris Brown opened the scoring by hitting a solo shot to open the 3rd. I came up with one out and Rick on 1st. I walked on four straight. With two out Chili Davis singled to load the bases. We were all left there.

Giants lead 1-0

The Reds grabbed the lead in the bottom half when Eric Davis hit a two run blast.

Reds lead 2-1

In the 4th I started a nice Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Doug DeCinces and Ernie Whitt.

Rick led off the 5th with a double. Then I came up and singled up the middle, moving Rick to 3rd. I was erased on a fielder's choice by Mike Aldrete, but Rick scored on the play.

Game tied 2-2

We got another Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play in the 6th. This time we got Claudell Washington and DeCinces. I then caught a Kurt Stilweel pop for the 3rd out.

I came up in the 7th with one out and Phil Ouellette on 2nd. I dropped one into left for an RBI single! Stolen base #103. I moved to 3rd on a single by Mike and then scored on a fielder's choice by Chili.

Giants lead 4-2

In the 8th Eric Davis tripled and scored on a Doug DeCinces double.
Dennis Eckersley took over after that.
DeCinces ended up scoring on a Stillwell single, tying the game. Pinch runner John Bryant scored on a Kal Daniels single. Stillwell and Daniels scored on a Will Clark single.
Bad day for Eck.

Reds lead 7-4

I led off the 9th, facing John Franco. I struck out. Franco shut us down and our winning streak was over.

I went 2 for 4 with a pair of singles, a walk, an RBI, a run scored, a stolen base.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #550
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 12th, 1987

The middle game in Cincinnati. The Reds are pitching Tom Browning (18-7, 3.94).

The Giants have Eric Show (13-11, 3.56).

Browning is a very good pitcher but I have had good success against him, going 9 for 23.

I led off the game by walking on four straight pitches. Stolen base #104. I moved to 3rd on a ground out by Mike Aldrete and scored on a ground out by Chili Davis.

Giants lead 1-0

The Reds got it right back when Al Newman scored on a Will Clark single in the bottom half. Then Clark scored on a Claudell Washington double. Eric Davis scored on a wild pitch. Washington scored on a Doug DeCinces sac fly.

Reds lead 4-1

I came up with two out in the 3rd and struck out.

I got the first out in the bottom frame, off a Newman grounder.

In the 4th we got back-to-back homers by Chili and Rob Deer.

Reds lead 4-3

I came up with one out in the 5th and reached on an error to Newman at 2nd. Stolen base #105. Chili walked but both of us were left.

Butch Henry took over pitching for us in the 5th. I got the 1st out for him, off a Kal Daniels grounder. After Newman walked we got him and Clark with a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play.

Frank Williams took the mound for us in the 6th. Davis scored on a double by Washington. I got the 2nd out off an Ernie Whitt grounder. Then I caught a Browning liner to end it.

Reds lead 5-3

I led off the 7th by striking out. With two out Chili hit his 2nd home run of the game. Then Rob singled and Robby Thompson hit s two run blast!

Giants lead 6-5!

In the bottom half I got the 2nd out off a Newman grounder.

I came up with two out in the 8th, now facing Don Robinson. I lined out to Daniels in left.

Dennis Eckersley relieved for us in the 8th. I got the 3rd out, catching a Whitt pop up.

Eck allowed a couple of baserunners in the 9th and Nestor went to Scott Garrelts with one out. He struck out Newman and then Alan Cockrell made a great leaping catch on a Clark fly to end the game.

Great game for the team, but it could have been better for me. 0 for 4 with a walk, a run scored, and two stolen bases.

We got some good news after the game. Bob Brenly was activated from the 60-day DL and sent to Phoenix for some rehab time.

Bob is the heart of the team. It will be great to get him back.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:56 PM   #551
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 13th, 1987

We are finishing up in Cincinnati after splitting the first two.

The Reds are pitching Andy Hawkins (9-11, 5.52).

The Giants have Doyle Alexander (14-7, 3.17).

I have gone 3 for 10 with a home run against Hawkins.

I led off the game by grounding out to Kurt Stillwell at short.
The next tow guys got on and then Steve Stanicek launched a three-run blast.

Giants lead 3-0

I handled an Al Newman grounder for the first out in the home half.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Alan Cockrell on 2nd. I walked. We were both left.

In the bottom half I caught a Doug DeCinces pop up for the 2nd out.

Chili Davis led off the 3rd with a home run.

Giants lead 4-0

I took a Kal Daniels grounder for the last out if the inning.

I came up with two out in the 4th and grounded out to DeCinces at 3rd.

In the 5th Mike Aldrete scored on a double by Chili.

Giants lead 5-0

The Reds got on the board in the 5th when Ernie Whitt cranked a two run homer.

Giants lead 5-2

I came up in the 6th with one out and Alan on 2nd again. Wayne Rosenthal was pitching. I struck out.
Alan scored on a single by Mike.

Giants lead 6-2

I got the 2n out int he bottom half, catching a pop fly by Will Clark. I then handled an Eric Davis grounder for the 3rd.

Juan Berenguer was brought in to face me with two out in the 8th. I put one through the right side for a single. Stolen base #106. Then Mike walked. Chili singled and I scored for his 100th RBI.

Giants lead 7-2

In the bottom half I took a Daniels grounder for the 2nd out.

Doyle ended up with a complete game win!

I went 1 for 4 with a single, a walk, a run scored, and a stolen base.

We are home for a two game set vs the Padres next.

Hey, the Weekly Power Rankings were published and guess who is #1... the Giants!

Old 11-27-2019, 09:20 PM   #552
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 14th, 1987

The Padres are in town and they are pitching Mark Langston (12-10, 2.92).

The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (17-10, 2.96).

Big matchup!

I have done pretty well against Langston, going 6 for 19.

Things went bad for Bruce right away. The first three batters loaded the bases. Then with one out he walked Glenn Hubbard, pushing John Kruk in. He got himself out of it, though, striking out the next two guys,

Padres lead 1-0

I led off our half by flying to to Tony Gwynn in right.
Chili Davis hit a solo shot with two out to tie the game up.

Game tied 1-1

In the 2nd Robby Thompson doubled and then Chris Brown launched a two run dinger!

Giants lead 3-1

I led off in the 3rd by taking a six pitch walk. Stolen base #107. I moved to 3rd on a Mike Aldrete groundout and scored on a sac fly by Chili.

Giants lead 4-1

I came up with two out in the 5th and struck out. Bad call.

I made my first defensive play to lead off the 6th, grabbing a grounder by Kevin McReynolds for the 1st out.

In the 7th Rob Deer walked and ended up scoring on a Scott Bradley single.

Giants lead 5-1

I took a grounder by Hubbard for the 3rd out in the 8th.

I then led off against Steve Comer and I snuck one past Hubbard for a single. Stolen base #108. Once again I moved to 3rd on a grounder by Mike. This time I was unable to score.

With one out and one on in the 9th, Nestor went to Scott Garrelts. Two pitches, two fly balls to centre, and we had the victory.

I went 1 for 3 with a single, a walk, a run scored, and two stolen bases.

Old 11-30-2019, 09:48 AM   #553
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 15th, 1987

Today we have the second game of a short two-gamer with the Padres.

They are pitching former Giant, Eric King (8-14, 4.31).

We have Bryan Hickerson (10-7, 4.06).

I have gone 3 for 14 vs King.

I got some action in the 1st, grabbing a Tony Gwynn grounder for the 2nd out.

I led off the bottom half by striking out.

In the 2nd Steve Stanicek and Rob Deer hit back-to-back doubles to open the scoring.

Giants lead 1-0

I got the 3rd out in the 3rd off a Harold Reynolds grounder.

I led off the home half of the inning by grounding out to Reynolds at 2nd.

I handled a John Kruk grounder for the 1st out in the 5th. Then I did the same to Ozzie Guillen for the 2nd.

In the bottom half I came up with two out and Alan Cockrell on 2nd. I hit an RBI double! Mike Aldrete followed with a two-run blast! Chili Davis then walked and scored on a double by Steve!

Giants lead 5-0!

In the 6th I came up with Alan on 2nd again, but this time there was only one out and Gregory Sillivent was pitching. Alan moved to 3rd on a wild pitch during my at bat, before I ended up walking. Stolen base #109. Mike struck out but then Chili walked, loading the bases. We left them juiced.

The Padres got not he board in the 7th when John Kruk scored on a double by Darrell Miller.

Giants lead 5-1

I led off in the 8th, now facing Luis Aponte. It took ten pitches but I walked again. Stolen base #110 AND #111. Mike then walked. Chili cleaned up with a three-run rocket. Eddie Milner came in as a pinch hitter and singled, later scoring on a single by Alan.

Giants lead 9-1

We had lots of changes last inning and now Eddie was in centre, Jessie Reid on left, John Rabb at 3rd, and Fran Mullins at 2nd.

Bryan got three outs in the 9th, cementing the complete game win! He struck out nine!

I went 1 for 3 with a double, two walks, an RBI, two runs scored, and three stolen bases!

Tomorrow we start another two game series, as the Astros come to town!

Old 12-02-2019, 08:04 AM   #554
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 16th, 1987

The Astros are in town and are pitching Manny Hernandez (9-14, 5.05).

The Giants are going with Rick Sutcliffe (12-9, 3.38).

I haven't faced Hernandez much, and have gone 0 for 4.

I led off the home half by striking out.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Phil Oullette on 2nd. I grounded out to Bill Doran at 2nd.

Chili Davis opened the scoring in the 4th with a solo shot.

Giants lead 1-0

I made my first defensive play in the 5th, grabbing a Mark Bailey grounder for the 2nd out.

I led off in the 6th, grounding out right back to Hernandez.

The Astros tied it up in the 7th when Keith Moreland scored on a double by Bailey.

Game tied 1-1

The lead was short lived as Steve Stanicek scored on a Rob Deer single in the bottom frame.

Giants lead 2-1

I came up with one out in the 8th and chopped one up the middle for a single. I was gunned down trying to steal on a pitchout.

Dennis Eckersley came in to pitch the 9th and he got all three outs to extend his league-leading saves count.

I went 1 for 4 with a single and a caught stealing.

Old 12-04-2019, 08:04 PM   #555
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 17th, 1987

The 2nd game of the mini-series vs the Astros is today.

Houston is pitching Craig McMurtry (6-4, 4.41).

The Giants have Eric Show (13-11, 3.67).

I have goen 3 for 8 vs McMurtry.

I led off the home half of the 1st by striking out.

We opened the scoring in the 2nd when Rob Deer walked, stolen 2nd, and then scored on a Robby Thompson single.

Giants lead 1-0

The Astros got it back in the 3rd when Tim Jones scored on a Bill Doran single.

Game tied 1-1

I led off in the 2nd by flying out to Brian Harper in centre.

I made my first defensive play in the 3rd, grabbing a Craig Biggio grounder for the 2nd out.

I got the 2nd out in the 5th off a Jones grounder and then did the same to McMurtry for the 3rd.

I came up in the 5th with one out and Alan Cockrell on 2nd. I walked. Mike Aldrete singled and Alan tried to score from 2nd, but was gunned down at home. Chili Davis walked to load them up. Steve Stanicek hit what should have been the 3rd out but Biggio threw the ball away, allowing me and Mike to score, and Steve and Chili moved to 2nd and 3rd.

Giants lead 3-1

In the 6th Chris Brown scored on a single by Alan.
I came up with one out, Alan on 3rd and Eric on 1st. Scott McGregor was on the mound. I struck out.

Giants lead 4-1

In the 7th Keith Moreland scored on a single by Jones.

Giants lead 4-2

The Astros tied it up in the 8th when Biggio launched a two run homer.

Game tied 4-4

I came up in the bottom half with none out, Alan on 2nd, and pinch hitter Ruben Sierra on 1st. Jeff Heathcock was pitching. I popped out to Keith Hernandez at 1st. Alan ended dup scoring the easy way when Chili walked with the bags full.

Giants lead 5-4

Dennis Eckersley took over in the 9th. Three batters later he had the save and we had our sixth straight win.

I went 0 for 4 with a walk and a run.

Tomorrow is an off day before we face the Reds - who are the only team in the division who can still catch us.

Old 12-04-2019, 08:27 PM   #556
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 19th, 1987

The Reds are in town!

They are pitching Steve Trout (8-2, 3.48).

The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (18-10, 2.89).

I have limited exposure to Trout, going 1 for 3.

I led off our half of the game by flying out to Eric Davis in centre.

I got the 3rd out in the 2nd off a Kurt Stillwell grounder.

In the 2nd Rob Deer and Robby Thompson walked and then Rob scored on a Scott Bradley single. Chris Brown singled to juice the bases. Bruce helped the cause by singling home Robby. I lined out and Mike Aldrete flew out before Chili Davis singled, scoring Scott and Chris.

Giants lead 4-0

A couple of singles and a couple of errors led to Al Newman scoring in the 3rd. Another single and another error led to both Tracy Jones and Kal Daniels scoring. Claudell Washington scored on a Davis sac fly. We gave away a four run lead with three unearned runs.

Game tied 4-4

I took a Newman grounder for the 3rd out in the 4th.

I came up with one out in the 4th, facing Ronald Warren. I flew out to Daniels in left.

The 5th... went well.
Chili led off with a double. Steve Stanicek walked. With one out Robby doubled, scoring both runners. With two out Scott was walked intentionally to face Bruce. Bruce was UNintentionally walked to load the bases. I singled, scoring Robby. Mike singled, scoring Chris and Bruce. Chili walked, loading us back up. Steve singled, scoring me and Mike.

Giants lead 11-4

I took an Eric Davis grounder for the 2nd out in the 6th. I made a great play on an Ernie Whitt grounder for the 3rd.

I came up in the 6th with two out, Robby on 3rd, and Scott on 2nd. Wayne Rosenthal was pitching. I flew out to Daniels again.

Nestor went with some pinch hitters in the 7th and they made the most of it. Kelvin Torre singled. With one out Steve singled. Rob Deer singled, scoring Kelvin. With two out Scott singled, scoring Steve. Then Chris singled, scoring Rob.

Giants lead 14-4

In the 8th pinch runner Nick Esasky scored on a single by pinch hitter Pat Dodson. After that Nestor brought in Scott Service to pitch.

Giants lead 14-5

I led off the bottom of the 8th against Frank Castillo. I grounded out right back to him.

I got the first guy in the top of the 9th - a ground out by Whitt. Two more and we had win #7 in a row.

I went 1 for 6 with a single, an RBI, and a run scored.

Old 12-04-2019, 08:53 PM   #557
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 20th, 1987

We finished a two-gamer with the Reds today.

They are pitching Andy Hawkins (9-12, 5.66).

The Giants have Doyle Alexander (15-7, 3.12).

I have gone 3 for 12 with a home run vs Hawkins.

I led off the game half of the game by popping out to Doug DeCinces at 3rd.

In the 2nd we got on the board when Robby Thompson scored on a single by Doyle. I came up with two out and Doyle on 1st. I grounded out back to Hawkins.

Giants lead 1-0

I got the 2nd out in the 3rd off a Will Clark grounder.

I did the same to Claudell Washington for the 1st out in the 4th.

In the 4th Robby and Alan Cockrell scored on a double by Doyle. I came up after and grounded out.
I am being outhit by our pitchers.

Giants lead 3-0

I led off the 7th by lining out to Al Newman at 2nd.

Clark led off the 9th with a home run. Nestor then brought in Dennis Eckersley. Three batter slater we had the 3-1 win for out eighth straight.

I went 0 for 4.

The Mets are the first team to clinch a playoff berth, locking up the NL East.

That is who we will play if we can continue to hold off the Reds. Our Magic Number is 7 with 13 games to go.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:02 AM   #558
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 21st, 1987

The Dodgers are in town for a three game set.
They are pitching Bob Welch (12-13, 3.51).

The Giants have Rick Sutcliffe (13-9, 3.30).

I have done well against Welch, hitting 7 of 18.

I led off in the 1st by flying out to Candy Maldonado in left.

In the 3rd we turned a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Steve Sax and Tim Wallach to end the inning.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Alan Cockrell on 3rd. I walked. Stolen base #112. Alan and I both scored on a double by Mike Aldrete. Then he scored on a single by Chili Davis. Chili scored on a Rob Deer double and Rob later scored when Welch balked.

Giants lead 5-0

Dave Winfield led off the 4th with a home run. Darrell Evans later scored on a wild pitch.

Giants lead 5-2

I came up in the 4th with two out and Rick on 1st. They brought in Mickey Weston to face me. I grounded out to Wallach at 3rd.

In the 6th Evans scored on a single by pinch hitter Gene Larkin. Then both Dave Anderson and Larkin scored on a Stu Pederson double.
That was it for Rick as Nestor went to Frank Williams. He got out of it.

Game tied 5-5

IN the bottom half we grabbed the lead back. Robby Thompson tripled and then scored on a double by Alan. Chris Brown and Alan both scored on a single by pinch hitter Jerry Mumphrey. I came up next and was struck out by Ricky Horton.

Giants lead 8-5

Jeff Robinson took the mound for us to kick off the 7th.

In the bottom half Rob Deer scored on a sac fly by pinch hitter Ruben Sierra. I came up next and Bryan Harvey struck me out.

Giants lead 9-5

Scott Garrelts was next to take the ball for the Giants.
Six up, six down and we had the win.

That is NINE in a row!

I went 0 for 4 with a walk, a run scored, and a stolen base.

The Reds lost so our Magic Number is 6.

Last edited by rpriske; 12-08-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:56 PM   #559
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 22nd, 1987

The middle game agains the Dodgers is today.
They are pitching Rick Honeycutt (13-8, 3.79).
The Giants have Eric Show (14-11, 3.65).

I have gone 4 for 22 against Honeycutt.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by striking out.

The Dodgers leaped out from in the 2nd when Gregg Ritchie smashed a two run dinger. Then Honeycutt and Steve Sax scored on a Tim Wallach single.

Dodgers lead 4-0

I came up with one out in the 3rd and worked a walk. I moved to 3rd on a Mike Aldrete single. I was unable to score.

In the 4th Wallach hit a two run homer. That was it for Eric as Nestor went to Butch Henry.

Dodgers lead 6-0

In the 5th Benito Santiago hit a solo shot.

Dodgers lead 7-0

I came up with two out in the 5th and outran a grounder to 3rd for an infield single. Mike singled and I advanced to 2nd. Honeycutt then walked Chili Davis to load them up. We were all left there.

I finally made a defensive play, grabbing a Wallach grounder for the 3rd out in the 6th.

I was lifted for pinch hitter in the 7th. This game was a lost cause.

We ended up losing 10-0.

I went 1 for 2 with a single, a walk, and that's it.

The Reds also lost so our Magic Number is now 5.

After the game Bob Brenly rejoined the team! It is great to have him back! Alan and Scott did a fine job, but Bob's veteran presence was missed.

Old 12-11-2019, 11:05 PM   #560
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 23rd, 1987

We are finishing up with the Dodgers today.

L.A. is bringing Moose Haas (5-13, 5.54).

The Giants have Bryan Hickerson (11-7, 3.89).

I am 0 for 3 vs Haas.

I led off the bottom half of the game by grounding out to Dave Anderson at short.

In the 2nd Alan Cockrell singled and then scored on a double by the returning Bob Brenly.

Giants lead 1-0

I made the 3rd out in the 3rd, grabbing a Steve Sax grounder.

I led off the bottom half by hitting one down the right field line and legging out a triple! Mike Aldrete followed with a walk. With one out Rob Deer hit into a fielder's choice, but I scored.

Giants lead 2-0

In the 4th Alan scored on a single by Bryan! I came up with two out and Bryan on 1st. I grounded out to Darrell Evans at 1st.

Giants lead 3-0

I got the 1st out in the 5th off an Evans grounder.

Dave Winfield led off the 7th with a home run. I got the 2nd out off an Anderson fielder's choice ball.

Giants lead 3-1

I led off the bottom of the 7th by taking a walk. Stolen base #113 and I went to 3rd when Benito Santiago threw the ball away trying to catch me. Mikey made it all moot by walloping a two run bomb.

Giants lead 5-1

In the 8th Ruben Sierra hit a two out, pinch hit home run! I came up after that, facing Craig Lefferts. I lined out to Anderson at short.

Giants lead 6-1

Dennis Eckersley came in to pitch the 9th, though it wasn't a save situation. I got a fielder's choice by Anderson for the 2nd out, but Candy Maldonaado scored on the play.

We ended up with a 6-2 win.

I went 1 for 4, with a triple, a walk, two runs scored, and a stolen base.

The Reds lost and out Magic Number is down to 3! We are 97-55!

It is starting to feel real... though I don't want to jinx it.

The Reds lost on our travel day, as we were heading to Atlanta so our Magic Number is TWO. We could clinch TODAY!