Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 05-25-2015, 12:34 PM   #41
Tyke
All Star Starter

When thinking about which team to pull for, I was leaning towards Morley City, as I used to live in Morley, West Yorkshire. Now, however, how can I not support a team that plays at Bosworth Field? It's the Barons for me!
Tyke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #42
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
When thinking about which team to pull for, I was leaning towards Morley City, as I used to live in Morley, West Yorkshire. Now, however, how can I not support a team that plays at Bosworth Field? It's the Barons for me!
Stratford is based on my hometown.

I got the idea for naming the park 'Bosworth Field' from the old sketch, Shakespearean Baseball, by the Canadian comedy team Wayne & Shuster.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #43
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Cobourg, Dunwich

Situated along East Cape, Braeland’s most easterly point, Cobourg is known as ‘Braeland’s First City’, both in terms of it being the first to welcome each new day, but also as the country’s preeminent fishing center, with the productive Wallis Bank fishing ground located just off the coast. Residents are well known for their industriousness, but that doesn’t mean they don’t know how to have a good time. ‘Work hard, play hard’ is an expression that fits Cobourgers to a tee. That includes their new team, the Red Stockings, who will be expected to follow that motto as well.

The Red Stockings will call Radcliffe Field their home, named for Ted "Double Duty" Radcliffe, the immensely talented and popular Negro Leagues ballplayer.

1937 Training Camp Record: 10-18, 6th place in EL.

1937-38 Projected Finish: 78-76, 13 GB, 5th place in EL.

Minor League System Ranking: 1st.

What the pundits are saying:

Quote:
“The Red Stockings have some nice pieces on their roster, but it may not be enough to make a playoff push this season. They are not far away, however, and enjoy having the top-ranked minor league system in the United Leagues. The Stockings are projected to finish with the 5th best offense in runs scored (758), but last in runs allowed and ERA (752/4.52). That is borne out in that they really have just two decent pitchers on their staff: SP LHP Joel Fearn (73/74), who is projected to have a Top-10 performance (18-14, 3.83) and SP RHP Trevor Penaligan (65/65). But help could be on the way. RHP John Chin (20/62 – 13th overall prospect) would be a welcome addition in the rotation if he continues to develop. Relief pitchers RHP Patrick Tennant (20/79-3rd overall) and RHP Tom Mayor (21/63-14th overall) are also on the way and both have the stamina and pitch repertoire to fit into the rotation if they are able to figure things out in the minors. The Stockings are more rounded out on offense, with 3B Kenneth Logan (73/73), SS Damien Davis (65/72), 2B Wayne Balmer (65/65) and RF Brian Herdman (60/66) leading the way. Versatile IF Matthew Lane (71/71) should also find his way into the lineup sooner rather than later. C Dave Wilson (69/69) will rake at the plate, but could be a defensive liability behind it. The club has C Héctor Miranda (22/79-15th overall) in AA, but he will also need to improve his defensive game before he can be considered an upgrade at the position.”
- Gus Stallings, Cobourg Citizen
Cobourg Red Stockings/Redlegs Uniform Timeline:

Last edited by reds1; 11-07-2018 at 10:16 PM.
reds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:30 AM   #44
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Sherburn, Norfolk

North American visitors might feel as though they stepped back into the American Wild West when arriving in Sherburn, situated along the picturesque Lake Gowan. Located along the leeward side of the Amethyst Mountains, the area experiences the driest climate on the island. As a result, it offers prime grazing territory for sheep and cattle, with Sherburn serving as the center of Braeland’s livestock industry. Sherburn is also famous for its Stock Show and Rodeo, held each year for two weeks in November. But Sherburn is far from being a ‘one-trick pony’; it is also home to the Sherburn Symphony Orchestra, Braeland’s first full-size music ensemble.

Sherburn’s hometown heroes will be known as the ‘Tigers’, a salute to the Detroit Tigers of the Major Leagues.

1937 Training Camp Record: 14-14, 5th place in WL.

1937-38 Projected Finish: 75-79, 26 GB, 4th place in WL.

Minor League System Ranking: 11th.

Quote:
“Offense will have to carry the day in order for the Tigers to have any chance at making a run for the playoffs. Sherburn is projected to have the 2nd best offense in the Western League in runs scored (803), but a dismal 7th in runs against/ERA (788/4.51). SP-RHP Neil Ledoux (60/60) is the only arm of note on the pitching staff, and while he’s projected to have a top-10 performance (17-12, 3.65), it will hardly be enough to carry the team. Here’s hoping he does not get injured. The lineup offers much more excitement, as no less than five players are expected to make a significant contribution to the cause. 1B Fergus Chitty (73/73) is projected to lead the circuit in home runs and RBIs (.327, 31HRs, 143 RBIs), while SS Gary Watkinson (80/80) could win the batting crown (.368, 2 HRs, 76 RBIs, 35 SB). Supporting them will be C Joe Gault (71/71), 3B Mick Lanfear (61/68) and CF Doug Winslade (62/62). Down in the minors, the Tigers’ two biggest prospects are SP-RHP Junji Takahashi (20/65-8th overall) and CF Dan Hunter (22/78-64th overall), but they are a few years away before they can help the team.”
- Annabelle Withers, Sherburn Exponent
Sherburn Tigers Uniform Timeline:

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #45
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Cambria, Oxford

Situated on a high bluff overlooking the breathtaking Cardigan Bay, Cambria figured prominently in Braeland’s early history. It was here that the British, under John Hunter, Governor of New South Wales, landed, annexing the island for Great Britain and establishing Fort Cambria, the first fortified post on the island. While the fort remains a relic of colonial times, the adjoining city has flourished. Cambria is divided in half by geography and elevation. ‘Higher’ Cambria is a largely laid-back residential community, noted for its diversity, both cultural and culinary. ‘Lower’ Cambria is the industrial heart, centered on its harbour, one of the finest in the South Pacific. Braeland’s fledgling navy makes its home here.

Cambria’s new ball club, the Cannons, will call Alexander Field home. The park is named after Grover Cleveland Alexander, one of the greatest pitchers of all time.

1937 Training Camp Record: 15-13, 3rd place in WL.

1937-38 Projected Finish: 82-72, 19 GB, 2nd place in WL.

Minor League System Ranking: 5th.

Quote:
“The Cannons should have plenty of fire power as they fight their way to a playoff spot this year. Cambria comes into this season with the 3rd best rated offense (787 RS) in the Western League. LF Joe Olver will bat 3rd in the lineup and he is forecasted to enjoy a Top-10 performance (.336, 14 HRs, 93 RBIs, 7 SB). Joining him in the lineup will be the 50th overall rated prospect, RF Al Tucker (68/68). While he is penciled in as leading off, C Glen Yeend (67/70) will follow in the lineup, ahead of Olver. Supporting them will be 3B Stanton Smith (61/61), SS Hyun-jun Moon (68/68) and CF Rob Moore (74/77). Starting the season as a versatile utility man will be the 2nd overall rated prospect CF Clint Jones (65/80). The Cannons are also projected to have the 3rd best defense in runs score and ERA (697/3.85). SP RHP Neil Guerin (78/78) is rated as the 3rd best pitcher in the United Leagues and is projected to have a Top-10 performance (19-7, 2.27). But after RHP Karl Ough (67/67) coming out of the bullpen, the pitching staff is rather non-descript. That might not matter much if the talented offense can fire on all cylinders this season.”
- Hayden Fulcher, Cambria Journal
Cambria Cannons Uniform Timeline:

Last edited by reds1; 07-02-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #46
Tyke
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
Stratford is based on my hometown.

I got the idea for naming the park 'Bosworth Field' from the old sketch, Shakespearean Baseball, by the Canadian comedy team Wayne & Shuster.
As you will realise, we didn't see too much of Wayne & Schuster on British TV - and certainly not the Shakespearean Baseball sketch, which is priceless. All hail, Stratford!

And I've just realised that I have obviously mixed two very promising new threads, as Morley City is in the Manningham Mallards dynasty!!

Last edited by Tyke; 05-26-2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: I've been a fool!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 01:35 AM   #47
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
As you will realise, we didn't see too much of Wayne & Schuster on British TV - and certainly not the Shakespearean Baseball sketch, which is priceless. All hail, Stratford!

And I've just realised that I have obviously mixed two very promising new threads, as Morley City is in the Manningham Mallards dynasty!!
Ha - there's such a good variety of dynasties on the boards - its not easy to keep track of them!

And there's so many good lines in that old sketch, which I remembered seeing as a kid:

"So go my friend with aid divine, and hit that Pepsi-Cola sign!"

"No more shall Stratford see him play ball; I'm trading the bum to Montreal!"
Old 05-27-2015, 01:40 AM   #48
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Fort Richmond, Norfolk

Fort Richmond is the nation’s military center. Braeland’s Department of Defense, Amoruy and Military Academy are all located here and life in Fort Richmond revolves around the armed services. Perhaps due to its military sensibilities, the city is noted for its immaculately kept appearance, with stately homes and manicured parks dominating one neighbourhood after another. Only Braeland City rivals Fort Richmond in its regal appearance. But Fort Richmond is also the gateway to Amethyst National Park, the largest park and nature reserve on the island which draws in hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.

Fort Richmond’s ball club is appropriately named the ‘Generals’, and will play at Generals Stadium.

1937 Training Camp Record: 16-12, 2nd place in WL.

1937-38 Projected Finish: 64-90, 37 GB, 7th place in WL.

Minor League System Ranking: 16th.

Quote:
“Fort Richmond is projected to challenge Hespeler in a race to the bottom of the Western League standings, and it’s not hard to see why. The Generals are rated just 7th in runs scored (642) and 5th in runs against/ERA (739/4.19). On the pitching side of things, the team would appear to have an ace in RHP Francis Slocock (70/71). Their #2 pitcher will be RHP Tristan Purss (56/57), who is projected to have a top-10 performance (15-15, 3.27). In the bullpen, their main go-to guy will be RHP Kantaro Sumtra (74/74). The rest of the staff will be little more than scrubs. The lineup however, has even more question marks, if that’s possible. The only two players of note is RF Tyler Bainbridge (75/75), who is projected to hit .310, with 15 HRs, 81 RBIs and 14 SB, and LF Héctor Nájera (79/79). Problem is, Bainbridge will turn 39 the day after Opening Day, and Nájera, who is already on the DL for two more weeks with a high ankle sprain, will turn 40 in November. When your two best position players are closer to the end of their careers, and your best prospect is a middling reliever pitcher (RHP Darren Whiteley, 55/57), you know you have problems. It will be nothing short of a miracle if the Generals somehow manage to reach .500 this season, never mind a playoff spot.”
- Weston Fairley, Fort Richmond Sentinel
Fort Richmond Generals Uniform Timeline:

Last edited by reds1; 04-14-2023 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Updated timeline
Old 05-27-2015, 01:49 AM   #49
reds1
Hall Of Famer

OK, next up will be Opening Day 1937!

And will Kingston dominate the Western League this season? Will the Athletics steal 200+ bases?

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #50
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Braeland City (BP) – Anticipation could not have been higher as Opening Day finally arrived here in Braeland. In the nation’s capital, the Braeland City Monarchs hosted the Brunswick Legends at King’s Park. All agreed that it was a resounding success, despite an hour long rain delay in the 7th inning and a 4-0 loss suffered by the home team.

After an ebullient King William threw out the ceremonial first pitch, the two teams engaged in a largely defensive battle in the early innings. Legends’ OF Mark Elston got the first hit of the game, as well as the first official hit in United Leagues history with a two-out double to center field in the first. However, the Legends were unable to capitalize when 2B Will Henry flew out to end the side.

In the bottom of the first, Monarchs’ 1B Ronald Goff led off with a double, but was thrown out at third when he attempted to advance on C Julian Curnow’s sacrifice fly.

Brunswick drew first blood in the second inning. CF Jamie Thurgood led off with a double and advanced to 3rd on C Daniel Dancy’s line drive single. 1B Pete Good then brought Thurgood home on a fielder’s choice at 2nd.

It remained 1-0 until the sixth. 2B Will Henry got on base with a 1-out single. CF Jamie Thurgood then sent a 2-1 offering from Braeland SP Lenny Freke 399 feet over the wall in right-center, extending the Legends lead to 3-0. Brunswick would add another run in the eighth. After loading the bases thanks to a SS Ruben Sánchez double, an intentional walk to LF Mark Elston and an unintentional walk to CF Jamie Thurgood, C Daniel Darcy hit a sac fly off of Monarchs relief pitcher Hyo-cheong Yu, bringing in Sánchez for the Legends’ fourth run.

But the Monarchs did have their chances. In the bottom of the fourth, 3B Louie Hetherington and CF Scott Kessler led off with back-to-back singles. But then Legends SP Tong-yeop Lee got SS Jayden Whiteway, LF Callum Wolton and RF Dwayne Hollinshead to all fly out to end the threat.

In the bottom of the ninth, LF Callum Wolton and RF Dwayne Hollinshead hit back-to-back singles with one out. 2B Victor Munroe followed, reaching first on an error, loading the bases. But then PH Tim Ambrose grounded into a double play (U6-3), ending the threat and the game.

In the end, the Monarchs stranded 20 baserunners, while not striking out once. A simple case of ‘hitting them where they were’.
--------

Legends CF Jamie Thurgood was the player of the game, going 2-3 with 1HR, 1BB, 2R and 2 RBIs.

WP – Brunswick Tong-yeop Lee: 6.2IP, 7H, 0ER, 0BB, 0K, 0HR, 96PI, 63PS, 0.00ERA.
--------
LP – Braeland City Lenny Freke: 7.0IP, 7H, 3R, 3ER, 0BB, 6K, 1HR, 108PI, 70PS, 3.86ERA

The rest of the day's action:

Last edited by reds1; 07-06-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #51
Lafayette53
Major Leagues

I always end up making through the era's jerseys for my fictional leagues as well. So I had to just drop by to say that I love this concept and the art work.

I'll be following!
Lafayette53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #52
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette53 View Post
I always end up making through the era's jerseys for my fictional leagues as well. So I had to just drop by to say that I love this concept and the art work.

I'll be following!
Thanks Lafayette53! I'm not sure how I overlooked your work, but I'm glad you linked them in your sig. I really like your Bombers and Redbirds!
Old 05-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #53
reds1
Hall Of Famer

It's not my intention to post game-by-game reports, but I just couldn't resist reporting on this one, in light of Opening Day's events.

Monarchs Blank Legends 6-0; Martin Throws 1-Hitter

Quote:
Braeland City (BP) – After being shut out yesterday by the Brunswick Legends, the Monarchs were only too happy to return the favour. In the process of blanking their rivals 6-0, Braeland City’s SP Nathaniel Martin came within one hit of throwing a no-hitter. Facing 33 batters in the game, only Legends RF Danny Filmer reached base via a hit, a lead-off double in the fourth inning. Brunswick did get close to scoring on a number of occasions, but Martin was able to get out of trouble each time.

In the first, Danny Filmer reached base on an error and advanced to third when LF Mark Elston grounded out to the shortstop. But the threat ended when 2B Will Henry flew out to center.

In the third inning, 1B Pete Good drew a 2-out walk, but was promptly thrown out by C Julian Curnow when Good tried to steal 2B.

After hitting this fourth inning double, Danny Filmer reached third when Will Henry grounded out to second base. CF Jamie Thurgood reached base on a 4-pitch walk, but the threat was snuffed out when C Daniel Darcy grounded out to second to end the inning.

SS Seung-yeop Park led off the fifth, reaching first base after being hit by a pitch. Park eventually reached third after an error allowed SP Matthew Monroe on base and Pete Good hit into a fielder’s choice at second. But Martin got Danny Filmer to pop up to 3B Louie Hetherington to end the inning.

Brunswick’s final chance to score came in the ninth, when Mark Elston led off with a walk. Elston reached 3B on consecutive ground outs by Will Henry and Jamie Thurgood. But once again, Martin was able to keep the Legends off the board when he got Daniel Darcy to ground out (1-3), ending the game.

For the Monarchs, the runs came a little easier than yesterday. They scored their first run in franchise history in the third inning. RF Callum Wolton led off with a walk and reached second on a sac bunt by Martin. CF Cameron Grindal drove him in on a line drive single.

In the bottom on the fourth, Julian Curnow led off with a double and reached 3B on a ground out by José Gonzáles. A single by SS Yeom Kim brought Curnow home for Braeland City’s second run.

The Monarchs made it 4-0 in the sixth when José Gonzáles doubled in 1B Tim Ambrose from first and RF Mark Burns, who entered the game replacing an injured Callum Wolton, subsequently drove in José Gonzáles.

Three consecutive singles by Louie Hetherington, Julian Curnow and Tim Ambrose in the seventh added another run.

The final run came in the eighth, when Louie Hetherington drew a bases-loaded walk with two out.

But the day belonged to Nathaniel Martin. Martin’s sterling performance included three strikeouts, all of which occurred in the seventh inning, when he got Daniel Darcy, Seung-yeop Park and 3B Ron Skewes to all strike out swinging.

--------
WP – Braeland City N. Martin: 9.0IP, 1H, 0ER, 3BB, 3K, 0HR, 124PI, 77PS, 0.00ERA.
--------
LP – Brunswick M. Monroe: 7.0IP, 10H, 5R, 5ER, 2BB, 2K, 0HR, 96PI, 60PS, 6.43ERA
The rest of the day's action:

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:49 AM   #54
Tyke
All Star Starter

Good start for Martin, but not such a good start for the Barons, forsooth!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:36 PM   #55
reds1
Hall Of Famer

October 18, 1937

Queensland Storms Out of the Gate with Dominating Performance

Queensland, Dunwich (BP) – The Eagles were the popular choice for finishing on top in the Eastern League in pre-season polls, and they are certainly living up to their billing, if the first two weeks of the 1937 season are any indication. Queensland has faced four opponents thus far and has yet to drop a series, taking 3 of 4 games from Cobourg, 2 of 3 from Braeland City and sweeping both Stratford and Embro. They are currently on an eight game winning streak, have outscored their opponents 91 runs to 43 in 13 games and lead the Eastern League in most offensive categories. It’s still early of course, but the Eagles have set the pace. Now let’s see if anyone can keep up.

Not surprisingly, a couple of notable highlights in the first two weeks of the season were made by Eagles players.

Queensland’s Chikafuji First Player in ULB History to Hit for the Cycle

10/09/1937 – 2B Katsunan Chikafuji had a career day in the Eagles’ 9-5 win over the Braeland City Monarchs at Kings Park, becoming the first player in ULB history to hit for the cycle. In the process of collecting 4 hits and 3 RBIs, Chikafuji tripled in the 1st inning, hit a two-run home run in the 4th, singled in the 6th and had a RBI double in the 7th.

Terry Aspden Has a Field Day Against the Stratford Barons

10/13/1937 – The Eagles have been lighting it up here in the early going of the 1937 season and that was nowhere more apparent than in their 23-8 shellacking of the Stratford Barons. Leading the way offensively for the Eagles was CF Terry Aspden, who went 4 for 5 at the plate, collecting 2 runs, 1 BB and 8 RBIs. In the 4th inning, Aspden hit a 3-run triple, followed by a 3-run home run in the 5th. His night was capped off with a 2-run single in the 8th. It’s no surprise to anyone that Terry won Player of the Week honours in the Eastern League, as he averaged .632 this past week, with 12 hits in 19 at-bats, 1 home run and 9 RBIs.

Last edited by reds1; 07-01-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:14 PM   #56
Tyke
All Star Starter

The good thing about a start like this is things can only get better..... can't they ?
Old 05-31-2015, 10:00 PM   #57
wwines
Minors (Triple A)

Awesome...really enjoying this dynasty. Any thought to make this a quickstart? For those of us who are challenged by making logos and jerseys yours are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:42 PM   #58
Dobber2419
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1 View Post
Ha - there's such a good variety of dynasties on the boards - its not easy to keep track of them!

And there's so many good lines in that old sketch, which I remembered seeing as a kid:

"So go my friend with aid divine, and hit that Pepsi-Cola sign!"

"No more shall Stratford see him play ball; I'm trading the bum to Montreal!"
Phew! I had read that and thought, "Am I missing something? I couldn't seem to find Morley City anywhere in here, and made up Morley City to be the adversary to Manningham, based on Morley cigarettes that the Cigarette Smoking Man smoked in The X-Files. I didn't want to have to change it!

Edit: I meant to quote Tyke's comment above about Morley City.

Last edited by Dobber2419; 05-31-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Dobber2419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:46 PM   #59
reds1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwines View Post
Awesome...really enjoying this dynasty. Any thought to make this a quickstart? For those of us who are challenged by making logos and jerseys yours are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the kind words, wwines! I did 'make' a quickstart just before opening day, but I've never done one before, so I'm not sure if it has everything.

For example, I noticed it only picked up the current caps and jerseys, not the entire set. Would I still be able to add those into the quickstart file?

I don't see a folder for the ballparks or the nation flag for Braeland in any folder either. Are they embedded somewhere in the quickstart, or should I add those as well?

I noticed that the other quickstarts that came with OOTP16 are 'quick.tar' files. But when I made my quickstart, it didn't save it as a zipfile. Do I need to make a zipfile of the league file myself when everything is set?
Old 06-01-2015, 12:06 AM   #60
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Since my all-time favorite minor league was the Southern Association, my favorite teams in the ULB will be the Kingston Pelicans in the Western League and the Stratford Barons in the Eastern League.

New Orleans was the Pelicans... and Birmingham was the Barons in that great minor league.

Go Pels... Go Barons.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote