Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #61
ube
Bat Boy

Automatically when, quickly move on the PBP Field screen.

[PBP Set]
1. (My team Controls) : To AI (Manager)
2. Ball Animation : Enabled
3. Pause after each play : Uncheck

Field Play screen is skipped too quickly.
So, I can not see the game properly.
Because the movement of players missing.

I think. 'Ball Animation' screen ---> 'Field Play' screen after changing,
Please wait a few seconds.
ube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #62
greg54
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I liked the design changes for OOTP 13 a lot. As you look through suggestions for the next version please keep the clean and modern visual style along with the useability improvements. It was obvious to me how valuable a graphics designer was to the OOTP team.
greg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #63
Becker44
Bat Boy

I notice most of you are involved in fantasy leagues with fantasy players. I choose to play the MLB version which leads to my question.

Are there some copyright or legal issues regarding current photos of MLB players? It seems all of the OOTP 13 photos of players come from 2009 or 2010.

I know there are mods out there but ziping and zapping and extracting and injecting are a little above my pay scale. I in turn go to ESPN's baseball site and copy current players pics, import them to a team file, crop them with paint.net and save them as a png file then upload them on the players page and they look great.

But, for $39.95 couldn't you help a brother out and get the latest greatest photos in there before the release? I mean Jamie Moyer as a Mariner. When was that 1978 his rookie year?

Thanks,

Becker
Becker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #64
Becker44
Bat Boy

dbl post sorry

Last edited by Becker44; 08-12-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Becker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #65
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Are you referring to the All-in-One mod? If so, that is not OOTP directly, that is a volunteer modder who may not have time or inclination to update all the pics every year. I believe that mod includes pics; I do not use it, personally.

I have never seen real player pics in my unmodded OOTP MLB games. I believe this is so they don't have to pay copyright fees.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #66
joshuar9476
Minors (Triple A)

here are a couple of suggestion i would like to see ...

Having the minor league logo covered up by the parent logo (esp if the parent logo is wide) needs to be addressed. there's nothing more frustrating than spending some time working on a good logo only to have 2/3 of it covered up in game.

with the dark skin you have a dark background. the problem is that, dark logos just blend in on the menu bars and places like league standings (the tiny logos). not really sure what you can do there, except have light colored logos.

we have a very large pool of talented artists here. make it a bit easier for the community to get involved in editing the artwork the their liking like so many of us have done with the logos. find a way to allow us to easily edit skin files.

one last thing, i have never been able to get the autoload of hats and uniforms to work correctly with linux. no matter how many times i've renamed the files, it still has never worked.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #67
texasmame
All Star Starter

Only thing to add:

Microleague graphics/animation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=micr...ient=firefox-a

Or Star League:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKE52...eature=related

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.

Last edited by texasmame; 08-18-2012 at 01:19 PM.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #68
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Fictional Logos could be greatly improved

The automatic fictional logs that were introduced several versions ago, could be greatly improved. I am referring to the logos resulting from the "Regenerate" button of the "Team Colors, Logos and Uniforms" page. These logos are a gigantic improvement over what existed in the past, but still have a long way to go.

a) Color scheme. It appears that there are four colors used in the logos, Black, White, and two team colors. All of these colors should be user-selectable with any of those automatic logos. This could be done in a manner similar to how colors are chosen for automatic Jerseys, caps, and team text. The user should be able to assign any color to any of the four basic logo color possibilities.

b) Text and text style. Many of the logos have a text letter or set of letters emblazoned over the background image of the logo. The user should have control of both the font and the letter(s) selected. One to three letters could be typed and the font selected from all of those available.

c) The user should be able to choose from the various logos from an example list of all the logo available (perhaps a scrolled example). It is ridiculous to need to repeatedly press the regenerate button instead of selecting from a list. It is important to see the entirety of the list that is available and to be able to compare one logo to others in the list in order to select the appropriate logo design for a given team.

d) I agree with a previous post which requested additional artificial logos to be designed for use in the game.

e) The ability for the user to add and define additional logos and fonts would also be helpful (this may already exist).

Last edited by jmknpk2; 08-19-2012 at 05:12 PM.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #69
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

A set of logos for every team name available

It would be very nice if there were a set of pre-designed logos for every name defined in the default team nick names list (team_nick_names.txt).

I know that this would be a large undertaking. There are about 2000 names that would need logos.

But they could be built up gradually. A very simple style, similar to what the NFL Detroit Lions or MLB Houston Astros use, could make this undertaking more reasonable.

Perhaps an effort for the community to voluntarily submit their original designs could supplement that initial simplistic style. On the "Edit Team Colors, Logos and Uniforms" page, there could be an option to select from a list of the predefined specific logos for the nickname chosen.

When assigning random team nick names, one of the associated logos would be chosen by the game.

If a given team nickname had several pre-defined logos to select from, they could be presented in a scrollable list.

There would also be an option to select the automatic generic logos that currently exist in the game, either league-wide, or for only an individual team.

There are some members of the community who do wonderful art work and can create excellent logos. But I, like most of the community can not. I wouldn't consider creating a demand on their time for my solo league.

It would be really helpful if I had access to meaningful logos for team nick names in the list. That kind of touch would really give my fictional solo league, the polished look I'd like. As it is, every time I see the logos for the teams in my league, I realize this is obviously not a "real" baseball league for artificial looking logos that no professional organization would be satisfied with.

I know that there are some logos available, but for various reasons, I have found those limiting and difficult to use league wide (including all the minors).

If the game assigned decent looking default logos that matched team nicknames, it would be an excellent "finishing" touch.

I know others have made similar suggestions, but I re-iterated here because I didn't see such a request in this thread.

I have tried on numerous occasions to tweak team colors and select logos from fictional logos made available by the community. However, what has typically happened is that after I have spent hours or days getting the logos, team colors, jersey's and caps set up the way I like, I discovered a problem in the game setup. I needed to start the league over from scratch and lost all of that time I put into the logos. That is very frustrating.

If the game assigned pertinent logos automatically, I believe many users would be appreciative.

Last edited by jmknpk2; 08-19-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #70
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

I believe that each game upgrade is a vast improvement over all prior versions and I rarely look back.

I kind of miss the ability to have an individual player focus on a certain area during spring training. But that's really no big deal.

The one thing that I have missed and still miss is the style and appearance of the Version 5 game (I'm pretty sure that's the right version). In particular I liked the classic skin.

That version, with the classic skin gave me the sense that it was built with wood (e.g. baseball bat) and grass. At the top was a nice banner with a collage of real life player photos.

That game brings back a lot of memories. The visual impact of that version in particular, "hooked" me as a perennial user. Every time I fired the game up I was pleased visually by what was presented to me on the screen.

I think the decision to reduce the banner size was appropriate, in order to present more information about the game universe. This is what most users want most of the time. However, screen sizes have grown. I, for one, would be willing to sacrifice some of my huge screen size for a banner like version 5 had. Of course this would need to be a user option right next to the screen resolution choice.

I currently use the "OOTP 13 classic" skin. It is nice, but does not live up to what existed in version 5 in my opinion.

I am glad that you have asked about feedback on Art & Design. Thank-you! I believe that is a great sign that this game will continue heading in good places. I have provided my 2 cents for now. Maybe later I'll provide some additional ideas.

Last edited by jmknpk2; 08-19-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #71
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becker44 View Post
II choose to play the MLB version which leads to my question.

Are there some copyright or legal issues regarding current photos of MLB players? It seems all of the OOTP 13 photos of players come from 2009 or 2010.

But, for $39.95 couldn't you help a brother out and get the latest greatest photos in there before the release? I mean Jamie Moyer as a Mariner. When was that 1978 his rookie year?
If I remember correctly, the development team seriously considered a contract allowing official Major League visuals in the game. Unfortunately such contracts are established by the big games such as MLB 2K and MLB the Show which sell a much higher volume of games at a much higher cost and can therefore support a much higher contract with MLB. I believe the team discovered that the cost per game sale would be prohibitive.

Last edited by jmknpk2; 08-19-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #72
ube
Bat Boy

movement of player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pvG_Tg9pWM

This is a Baseball Game of korea
PBP Text to make the movement of the player?
Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #73
ube
Bat Boy

the movement of the player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pvG_Tg9pWM

This is a Baseball Game of korea
PBP Text to make the movement of the player?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #74
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
Only thing to add:

Microleague graphics/animation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=micr...ient=firefox-a

Or Star League:
Star League Baseball - YouTube
why on earth would anyone want graphics that bad? If graphics are to be implemented, I would say they need to be at the very least as good as what FM has. Otherwise there is no point, because the current ballpark images look far better than that ridiculous microleague stuff.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 09-29-2012 at 12:22 PM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #75
bailey
Hall Of Famer

On the salary obligations page: after the salary amount annotate with a P if a player option or a T if a team option or a V if some kind of vesting option.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #76
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

This isn't a suggestion, rather a compliment.

I think I speak for everyone here at OOTP when I say that we love the new suits with team colored ties for league owners and general managers.

Thanks to whoever made this!

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #77
Ceej
Minors (Double A)

I've mentioned this before, but allowing for different home and road colours for the player boxes in the ballpark image window would be helpful - when two teams sharing the same colours are playing against each other (like, say, Cardinals vs. Reds), the screen can get hard to look at, especially when the bases are loaded.

Also the pitch location window with the image of the batter: the original one looked like an illustration from an old instructional book for kids, but the new one feels much too modern because of the dark blue/black jersey. I'd like to see either a third try at this one, or allow custom images here for each team so the batter could be shown wearing team colours.
Ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #78
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej View Post

Also the pitch location window with the image of the batter: the original one looked like an illustration from an old instructional book for kids, but the new one feels much too modern because of the dark blue/black jersey. I'd like to see either a third try at this one, or allow custom images here for each team so the batter could be shown wearing team colours.
+1 excellent suggestion
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #79
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej View Post
I've mentioned this before, but allowing for different home and road colours for the player boxes in the ballpark image window would be helpful - when two teams sharing the same colours are playing against each other (like, say, Cardinals vs. Reds), the screen can get hard to look at, especially when the bases are loaded.
Great idea. This should be in v14 for sure.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #80
gnp29
Bat Boy

Splits

On the stats screens, it would be really useful if there was a way to save a split that you've selected. For example; when playing spring training games, you could select the spring stat split and have a button to save it so that next time you start up the game it returns to that split. Conversely, a second button could be created to clear all splits; if you were in a game situation and you wanted to see who had the best average against left-handers in close/late situations; to clear those splits you have to select overall from each drop down menu. A button to clear splits would make that easy.

Thanks,
gnp29 is offline   Reply With Quote