Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #41
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
I think coaches keep their starters in until halftime even during blowouts. Tua was cleared by medical to play the game and that injury could happen to anyone. There are upsets almost every weekend so you should not go into a game thinking it is an automatic win.
Think of the negativity if a team does not start a star player because the coach assumed a win and the team lost and it cost them a chance at the playoffs.
I guess you could say that Tua is just fragile and should not have been playing college football. Football is a violent sport and maybe it should be banned. I do not know what the answer is.
Wasn't this Bama's 90th consecutive win vs an unranked opponent? The Tide would have won by 3 scores if I was the QB. He wasn't needed and Saban certainly shouldn't have let a 20 yr old change his mind about when & who to play when the outcome is no longer in doubt.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:09 AM   #42
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrycaj View Post
Oh did anyone pick up on an attitude of non-concern about Tua in general from Saban's halftime comments? It could have been just my perception combined with the fact that full knowledge of the injury was not yet known and that I'm pretty sure coaches hate that halftime interview. It just seemed like his attitude was that players aren't people and are just consumable commodities.
In any interview I've seen of Saban, he either seems either mildly irritated and distracted, or very irritated and distracted. My personal dislike of him aside, I think that he was just being his usual miserable self.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:48 PM   #43
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Thoughts......

......Saban is as great a winner as there is in college football. He's also as big of a sore loser as anyone in NCAA football. He can't give anyone credit when he gets beat. And he presented as ludicrous a notion that you can come up with that a ref should allow you extra consideration when the opposition fools you...........

........I know it won't happen, but I hope next season UNC has a new offensive play caller in 2020.......

........What is baffling about OSU's dominance over Michigan is the fact that the Wolverines defensive staff have no clue how to stop the Buckeyes O. Last 2 games, they have given up 118 pts. In their last 2 basketball games, UM has given up 111. That's perspective. OSU has only scored 108 vs Rutgers.........

.....Glad the Gophers didn't build an indoor stadium. Football in Minnesota after Thnx should be played in the snow........

......If Army beats Navy in 2 weeks, will this be the 1st time all 3 service academies were bowl eligible?.........

Edit: Oh yeah, Dabo was wrong that the committee doesn't want Clemson in. But he is right that the criteria for the final 4 isn't consistent. Remember when everyone was upset that computers in the bcs used scoring margin in their calculations? So they made them cap the margin consideration @ 21? Well, why did Clemson start @ #1 and end up @ #5 at one point? Cause they weren't beating opponents badly enough. But now that they are, it has done nothing to change the narrative. If they lost to S.Car they would have been knocked out of consideration, but UGa losing to them would have been virtually ignored. ESPN & the powers-that-be will continue to act like the system works. But it "works" no better than any other system to decide a champion that has been utilized up to this point. This is still not a championship. It is still a beauty contest. The title is not really earned.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 11-30-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:55 PM   #44
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

My Top 6:
1. LSU
2. Ohio St.
3. Clemson
4. Utah
5. Oklahoma
6. Georgia(assuming loss vs. LSU)

Playoffs.
LSU d. Utah
Clemson d. Ohio St.

Championship
Clemson d. LSU
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:41 PM   #45
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
My Top 6:
1. LSU
2. Ohio St.
3. Clemson
4. Utah
5. Oklahoma
6. Georgia(assuming loss vs. LSU)

Playoffs.
LSU d. Utah
Clemson d. Ohio St.

Championship
Clemson d. LSU
So Georgia remains at 6 with a loss to LSU and South Carolina? BS. That USCe loss should drop them way below 6. You're saying they are above a Bama team with losses to LSU/Auburn? Wrong.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:33 PM   #46
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Unless they get completely blown out, dropping uga below bama is basically punishing them for playing in a conference championship game that bama doesn't have to play in.

You are also only looking at losses. Wins matter too and I would say matter more. Alabama hasnt beat a single ranked team while uga beat notre dame at home, florida at neutral, and @ auburn.

Last edited by dkgo; 12-01-2019 at 02:38 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:25 PM   #47
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
So Georgia remains at 6 with a loss to LSU and South Carolina? BS. That USCe loss should drop them way below 6. You're saying they are above a Bama team with losses to LSU/Auburn? Wrong.
Georgia beat Auburn. Bama lost to Auburn.

Anyway, who cares who is #6? It means as much as who is #36.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 12-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #48
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

No it doesn't. The second SEC team goes to the sugar bowl instead of the citrus.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #49
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Georgia beat Auburn. Bama lost to Auburn.

Anyway, who cares who is #6? It means as much as who is #36.
Jawja also lost to South Carolina. Both Tennessee and Appalachian State beat South Carolina. Not just a bad loss for Jawja, a horrible loss. Bad losses have to be considered too.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:35 PM   #50
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Cherry View Post
Jawja also lost to South Carolina. Both Tennessee and Appalachian State beat South Carolina. Not just a bad loss for Jawja, a horrible loss. Bad losses have to be considered too.
I agree everything needs to be considered. But I'm not putting Bama ahead of UGa when they have zero big wins. Dawgs beat the Irish, Gators & Auburn. Best the Tide could do was either 7-5 Tennessee or 7-5 Tx A&M.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 12-04-2019, 08:54 PM   #51
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Will Muschamp?

Can anyone here answer the following three questions concerning the coaching lugnut named Will Muschamp?

1. How did he get the head coaching job at a perennial power like Florida with no prior head coaching experience?

2. How did he get the head coaching job at South Carolina after screwing the pooch so badly at Florida?

3. How in the hell did he manage to beat Georgia this year?
Old 12-04-2019, 10:21 PM   #52
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Cherry View Post
Can anyone here answer the following three questions concerning the coaching lugnut named Will Muschamp?

1. How did he get the head coaching job at a perennial power like Florida with no prior head coaching experience?

2. How did he get the head coaching job at South Carolina after screwing the pooch so badly at Florida?

3. How in the hell did he manage to beat Georgia this year?
He was the hot commodity when the Florida job came up. The "logic" among most coaching hires is that if you are a well-known coordinator you will make a good HC. AD's at major programs seek to win the press conference too often. If the name gets you press, it gets you donations. Not enough are willing and able to identify a Dabo Swinney especially at the top programs. Cause fan bases & boosters will whine quickly that a new hire is over their head if success doesn't come over night. Clemson's people wanted to run Dabo out of the state at one time.

That answers your 1st 2. The 3rd....Georgia's O sucks. They turned it over 4 times.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 12-05-2019, 01:26 AM   #53
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Dabo's biggest problem at Clemson was not that he wasn't winning games it was that he was losing to South Carolina with frequency. It doesn't matter the school, you have to beat your big rivals. If you don't, you're a goner. Classic example was Jim Donnan at Jawja. He had losing records against all four of UGA's biggest rivals despite having a decent record overall. But back to Dabo, it seemed that things turned around for him once he hired Brent Venables as DC. Venables seems to accept that fact that he's a great DC and not head coaching material.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #54
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

#4 Oklahoma
#3 Clemson
#2 Ohio St
#1 LSU
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 12-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #55
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

pretty easy to me. lsu locked it up yesterday
Old 12-08-2019, 01:56 PM   #56
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

If I ruled the world.......

16 team playoffs, conference champs automatically qualify, committee pick remaining best 6 teams.......

#1 LSU vs #16 Mia (OH)
#8 Auburn vs #9 Bama

#5 Oregon vs #12 Baylor
#4 Oklahoma vs #13 App St

#3 Clemson vs #14 Boise St
#6 Georgia vs #11 Wisconsin

#7 Florida vs #10 Memphis
#2 Ohio St vs #15 FAU

or 12 team playoff, conference champs automatically qualify, committee pick remaining best 2 teams.......

#1 LSU bye
#8 Memphis vs #9 App St

#2 OSU bye
#7 Florida #10 Boise St

#3 Clemson bye
#6 Georgia vs #11 FAU

#4 Oklahoma bye
#5 Oregon vs # 12 Mia (OH)
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 12-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #57
Reed
All Star Starter

The season worked out well for the playoffs. There is no question the top 3 deserved to be in over anyone else. I suppose one could nitpick Oklahoma but they are IMO as deserving as anyone else so no complaints from me. I am glad 2 teams from the same conference did not get in.
I would be okay with an 8 team playoff or even 16 team team playoff but I would not like a system where some teams get a bye. Then there would be constant arguments on which team deserves the byes and they get an unfair, IMO, advantage.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:10 AM   #58
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

8 teams. Top 5 highest ranked conference champions/independent and 3 at-large.

Any more than that is silly
Old 12-09-2019, 03:43 PM   #59
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
16 team playoffs, conference champs automatically qualify, committee pick remaining best 6 teams.......

#1 LSU vs #16 Mia (OH)
#8 Auburn vs #9 Bama

#5 Oregon vs #12 Baylor
#4 Oklahoma vs #13 App St

#3 Clemson vs #14 Boise St
#6 Georgia vs #11 Wisconsin

#7 Florida vs #10 Memphis
#2 Ohio St vs #15 FAU

or 12 team playoff, conference champs automatically qualify, committee pick remaining best 2 teams.......

#1 LSU bye
#8 Memphis vs #9 App St

#2 OSU bye
#7 Florida #10 Boise St

#3 Clemson bye
#6 Georgia vs #11 FAU

#4 Oklahoma bye
#5 Oregon vs # 12 Mia (OH)
16 team playoff? So, teams play an 8 game regular season schedule? Pretty much means teams only play their conference schedule. Kids are already finding ways to sit out the bowl game to get ready for draft. Asking them to play 16 to 17 games probably isn't going to fly. I guess you could shorten regular season to 10 or 11. 11 games would mean teams would max out at 15 games played, which is what the max is now.

Last edited by David Watts; 12-09-2019 at 03:50 PM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #60
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
16 team playoff? So, teams play an 8 game regular season schedule? Pretty much means teams only play their conference schedule. Kids are already finding ways to sit out the bowl game to get ready for draft. Asking them to play 16 to 17 games probably isn't going to fly. I guess you could shorten regular season to 10 or 11. 11 games would mean teams would max out at 15 games played, which is what the max is now.
1. Everyone isn't playing 17 games. Only the final 2. And only if they played in their conf championship game. The final 4 teams would be the only ones to play more than the max they could play now.

2. Kids sit out the bowl game only if they aren't in the playoff.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance