Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:05 PM   #101
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons continue to play very well in spite of tough competition. We've even played the best teams very well this season. We took 2 of 3 from Stone Island and the game we lost was by 1 run and we split a 4 game set with USC. This season, when we lose to the best teams, it's almost always close. Of course, It might just be due to multiple players having great years at the same time.

Ruth has 55 HRs (172 OPS+, .301 AVG) now and is on pace for 58. My previous team record was 41 and in his previous (and only) full season with us, he hit only 21. So now that he's facing better pitching, he does this?!

All 5 of my SPs are having great years which has never happened before. And the rest of our hitters are doing well, even the guys on the bench (only Mays is having an off year with a 3.9 WAR so far). We're on pace for 977 R which will be our 2nd highest ever and our RDiff is currently +439, 2nd best in the league.

And to think, I was just hoping for a playoff berth, thinking we'd be lucky to get even that. But the playoffs will be filled with nothing but very strong teams, so I will be surprised if we even make it passed the division round. Ah, but wouldn't it be nice to win a title with competition like this?!
Attached Images
Old 09-29-2019, 12:21 AM   #102
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

3-game series vs. 1st-place Penticton Bobcats today at home. Lost all 3 in the last inning. Top of the 18th (think my longest game yet?), Top of the 9th with a 3 runs cushion, & top of the 11th. 3 games, 3 losses, 38 innings, 4-run deficit. I may be playing them in the playoffs, so I have to find a way to turn that late-game luck around between now & then. They are now 125-33. I'm hanging in there at 98-59.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:37 AM   #103
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

It does not go well Enterprise. We are attempting to rendezvous at Wolf 359...

Just swept a team that was tanking, but haven't been able to make up enough ground. Heading into the final series, which is a 4-game set against Fresno. Starting pitching probables for Fresno? 100 Cy Young, 100 Ed Walsh, 100 Pedro Martinez, 100 Curt Schilling.

I didn't really want to manage my team tomorrow anyway. lol
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:35 AM   #104
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

The Ktown Rustics have completed their comeback! Down 10 games back midseason, we won the division in silver .310! Probably going to finish 82-80, but hey, I'll take it. Avoided missing the playoffs for the first time.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:38 AM   #105
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs ended up 103-59, which was not quite good enough to make the playoffs. The 1st Wild Card team had 105 wins and the 2nd Wild Card team had 104 wins, so it was a pretty fierce battle to the end.

The Frogs faltered down the stretch against a tough schedule. Lost G161 4-2 after giving up 2 runs in the 10th inning (100 Max Scherzer was the goat). Lost G162 9-3 after giving up 6 runs in the 9th inning (100 Johan Santana was the goat). Winning either one of those games would've forced a G163. Winning both of them would've actually tied the Frogs for the #1 Wild Card spot. Scoring 81 fewer runs and giving up 102 more runs than last season did not help.

It's the first time the Frogs have totally missed the playoffs since going 81-81 in 2036. And, to think, it comes the week after winning a 2nd PL title. Back to the drawing board.

Good luck to all playoff-bound teams!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:05 AM   #106
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P411: If History Is Any Judge...

The previous 2 times Singapore and Huntley were in the same division, Huntley lost the Wild Card game. Therefore, despite finishing 27 games ahead of the Vlad News Bears in the standings, winning the head-to-head matchups 6-1, and having a run differential of +472 to +165, the Red Raiders would like to give advance congratulations to the Bears on their soon-to-be-achieved Wild Card victory over Huntley!

(Come on, reverse jinx! Wait, if I acknowledge the reverse jinx, does that reverse it again? Stupid Wild Card game...)

Final run differentials for the 5 AC playoff teams (and their playoff seeds in parentheses)...

1. Pine Tar Pirates, +474 (#2)
2. Huntley Red Raiders, +472 (#4)
3. Singapore Sluggers, +450 (#1)
4. Bludhaven Robins, +349 (#3)
5. Vlad News Bears, +165 (#5)

And the same chart for the 6 NC teams with a positive run differential...

1. Seattle Tempest, +441 (#1)
2. Brooklyn Blasters, +353 (#2)
3. Pawnee Swansons, +58 (#4)
4. Georgia Bullquogs, +48 (NA)
5. Split Squid, +39 (#3)
6. La Poc Wisigoths, +19 (#5)

Seriously, if it's not Seattle vs Brooklyn, something shocking happened.

Final standings and playoff bracket...
Attached Images
Image Image 

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:20 AM   #107
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes book their 1st trip to the Perfect League playoffs winning 8 straight to end the season 89-73 with a wildcard spot. the most significant purchase I made just before the final month was Jimmie Foxx to play DH, he had a 1.029 OPS over the last 30 games. Rocky Colavito hit 36HR and drove in 123 RBI. three Figner Brown was the undoubted ace after a rough start going 18-9 with a 3.23 ERA. We face a 102 win team with a very lefty lineup and our only lefty starter just started, so it's an uphill struggle but we are happy to be in the playoffs however fleeting our trip is.

Bad News Bulldogs turned their season around in August and September to finish with a 75-87 record, well behind any playoff contention, but easily their best perfect level performance. Heinie Groh (.317/ and Hugh Duffy were the standouts, Barry Larkin had a horrible season (.212 BA), the pitching was all just about good enough with no real standout

Neuman Furshlugginers eased into the playoffs with a 94-68 record, winning the division by 14. Gregg Jefferies had his customary 20/20 season and Wilbur Wood had his 3rd straight season with most pitchign wins (17-11). We improved by 10 games and the only players added were Luis Aparicio and the SE Ryne Sandberg who was extremely impressive with gold glove level D and .809 OPS including 20 HR (missing a 20/20 season by 1 SB) despite only playing ve righties (he has really odd splits)

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:15 AM   #108
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Feeding frenzy! Dumpster joints all over Coon City - both fancy and sleezy - will be open longer tonight as the entire city is in party mode! Tim Belcher pitched a 3-hit shutout against Korea on the final day of the season for his only win of the year and to punch the Critters' entry ticket into the wild card game!

Lefty Grove (11-9, 3.14 ERA) will hold court against 95-67 Lisle Beer Drinkers!

Madness!!

Rebs ended up 82-80, one game off a tie-breaker for the wild card, but given how crummy they have been for a while I don't really fancy them in Diamond anyway.

The accounting bunch slipped into the postseason as division champs, 91-71, outlasting the Worcester Pinstripes by one game. Oh boy. If they get to Perfect, things will get rough.

They also have 50k PP and I can't find an application that makes half-decent sense...

But the Rebels also sold their Ken Caminiti for a new record price last night and were able to hold a 25-pack bonanza for goodies. Here are the goodies worth mentioning (live gold+, no historical bronzes, except where noted, and * players I already had):

(40) – RP Pretzel Pezzullo – 1935 Unsung Hero
(56) – RP Roger Mason – 1993 Unsung Hero

(60) – 3B Michael Chavis – Live – completed “Rookies”

(72) – C Benito Santiago – 1990 All Star
(73) – SS Roy McMillan – 1956 All Star

(80) – 3B Brooks Robinson – 1968 All Star
(82) – CL Jordan Hicks – Live

(95) – 2B D.J. LeMahieu – Live *
(98) – SP Chris Sale – Live

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #109
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

End of regular season playoff preview:
(As always, if your favorite BigRed team isn't listed, assume they suck)

Rottnest Island Quokkas: Big things are coming the Quokkas way, as they try to return to Diamond and become my third club at the level (if you count my son's club as one of "mine"). The Quokks host the division series against the #3 Cape Coral Reefers, and the pitching sets up for 93 Vida Blue to take the mound in Game 1. We don't need 11 wins, we just want three. Then we can spend our war chest of PP on reinforcements for Diamond.

Mystery Team: You know that mysterious 12th team that the math says exists, but I don't talk about it because the theme is not one I'm ready to publicly divulge yet for Collection Mission purposes (but careful readers of my posts could probably have figured it out anyway). Yeah, they made the playoffs too. And quite handily, I might add. They are in (redacted), trying to get promoted to (redacted).

Nashville Game Theories: For the second straight year, the Gamers made the playoffs, and this time, it wasn't even close. Nashville led its division the entire way, but fell down the stretch and finished in the Wild Card. If they get promoted, great. More points. If they don't, great. More points in a weaker division. The team should hit 100,000 PP by the end of next season. Kirk Gibson had another 20/20 season, Rod Carew was the batting champ, and Greg Luzinski won the HR crown with 39 dongs.

Reno Silver Sox: The Silver Sox are looked to shed their name and division and go up to Gold for the first time in team history. With 50,000+ PP to their name, I am seriously considering going on a 50+ packapalooza at the end of this season, win or lose. I feel like ripping some (virtual) wax and the last massive pack rip, I got 99 Van Lingle Mungo for the Sox. He went 17-5 this year. And good ol' Martin Dihigo hit .307, making starts in six positions (and even pitching a bit of relief).

South Side Lumber Company: It was the first season with Ed Walsh, Luke Appling and Shoeless Joe Jackson in the side and it was a successful one, as the Lumber Company make the Gold playoffs in their second season. Walsh, in particular, was masterful with a 14-3 record after joining the team in May. He'll take to the mound as the No. 1 starter as the Lumber Co. try to make Diamond. If they get there, they have targeted Cisco Carlos, Pete Ward and 91 OVR Luis Aparicio as potential acquisitions. Or maybe they'll just blow the whole budget on Ted Lyons instead.

Sadly, this marks the end of the season for the Cincinnati Redlegs, Sydney Unicorns, Charlotte Monarchs, Baltimore Orioles, Forest City Tribe, Thetford Mines Mineurs and the Everett Aquasox. The Froggies absence from the postseason is particularly notable as it marks an end to their six-season playoff streak across two divisions.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:55 AM   #110
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The Miners go 62-100 and win game 162 against the Seattle Psylocks to survive relegation by one game and avoid 4 way tie for the final relegation spot. The Kyary Pamyupamyurin and the Mordor Mayhem both run away with the division with 100+ wins each. In the other conference the Santa Maria Ghost Riders win an incredible 143 games! I envy their reserve roster.

The Marathoners go 67-95 and 5 games clear of relegation. The Chicago Rampage, San Angelo Warbirds and the Homestead Grays all win 100+ in our division.

The YakAnglers win 85 games and made the playoffs by one game. It went down to the final game after we lost 3 in a row to the Manassas Bears but the YakAnglers survived with a 3-2 win over the Bears. Facing the Seattle Mariners (92-70) it should be a quick exit from the playoffs.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #111
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The YakAnglers fall to the Seattle Mariners 7-6 in 11 innings on a Griffey jr. walk-off single. We had a 6-2 lead in the 7th but 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th and an Ichiro triple followed by a wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth sent the game to extras.

On the good side we turned a 4-6-3 flyball triple play to get a nice pp boost.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:59 AM   #112
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Well, That Couldn't Have Been Any Closer...

For the second straight year, Huntley will face Singapore in the Perfect League playoffs! This is thanks to what is easily the most closely played Wild Card game Huntley has ever been in...
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 09-29-2019, 12:01 PM   #113
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes were quick to leave the playoffs via the wildcard game, but the manner in which we lost still hurts, some may question why the manager stuck with a pitcher who couldn't throw strikes

And that bottom of the 9th in all its gory detail

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:14 PM   #114
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P411: So It All Comes Down to This...(Again)

AC Division Series. Huntley vs Singapore: The Grudge Match*

Honestly, this is probably the best chance Huntley will ever have to knock off Singapore in the playoffs. Huntley had the better regular season run differential and even won the head-to-head matchups 10-9! But, of course, using their patented "Maddening Singapore Magic," Singapore has home-field advantage in the playoffs.

Game 1 features Rube Marquard (19-4, 2.52 ERA, 171 ERA+, 6.4 WAR) vs Cy Young (23-6, 3.12 ERA, 141 ERA+, 8.1 WAR). Let the games...begin.

*For now. I mean, we all know Marcus and co. are going to "randomly" pit Singapore vs Huntley for eternity (or until OOTP XX PT2.0 is shut down), so I'm sure we'll be doing this again soon...like next week, probably.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2019, 12:17 PM   #115
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes it is just not your week. I had my lowest run total in 12 seasons for no apparent reason. I could not catch Orlando for the division even though I beat them 4 of 6 in September. I lost the wild card game to a team that I had beaten 6 out of 6 times this season. That's baseball, I guess.

Good luck to everyone still playing today!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:31 PM   #116
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
AC Division Series. Huntley vs Singapore: The Grudge Match*

Honestly, this is probably the best chance Huntley will ever have to knock off Singapore in the playoffs. Huntley had the better regular season run differential and even won the head-to-head matchups 10-9! But, of course, using their patented "Maddening Singapore Magic," Singapore has home-field advantage in the playoffs.

Game 1 features Rube Marquard (19-4, 2.52 ERA, 171 ERA+, 6.4 WAR) vs Cy Young (23-6, 3.12 ERA, 141 ERA+, 8.1 WAR). Let the games...begin.

*For now. I mean, we all know Marcus and co. are going to "randomly" pit Singapore vs Huntley for eternity (or until OOTP XX PT2.0 is shut down), so I'm sure we'll be doing this again soon...like next week, probably.
Can't wait for this one to unfold. I'm hoping for at least one bench-clearing brawl.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:33 PM   #117
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

Hey Jason, just logged in and saw that we are faced off in the division series. I just completed my play-off tweaks and wanted to wish you the best of luck.

Living in Singapore, the timing of the play-offs really sucks. It's already 11:30 pm here and they run all night...finals usually get over around 10 or 11 am. So I'll try to stay up for the outcome of our series anyways.

I have to admit I'm not much of a trash talker. I grew up in small towns in MN and WA and have always rooted for underdogs (Twins, WSU Cougs, etc). So it's not really in my DNA to be jawing too much. So best of luck...and looking forward to our next season together!

G
getheroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:10 PM   #118
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Lefty Grove was torched for six runs in the fifth and the Coons were eliminated, 7-2, by the Beer Drinkers.

It was a rush, but brief.

The Accountants are up 1-0 in the LDS as of now.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #119
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by getheroff View Post
Hey Jason, just logged in and saw that we are faced off in the division series. I just completed my play-off tweaks and wanted to wish you the best of luck.

Living in Singapore, the timing of the play-offs really sucks. It's already 11:30 pm here and they run all night...finals usually get over around 10 or 11 am. So I'll try to stay up for the outcome of our series anyways.

I have to admit I'm not much of a trash talker. I grew up in small towns in MN and WA and have always rooted for underdogs (Twins, WSU Cougs, etc). So it's not really in my DNA to be jawing too much. So best of luck...and looking forward to our next season together!

G
It looked for a while there like you wouldn't have to stay up too long. Singapore won game 1 5-2, as Cy Young held Huntley to 6 hits, only one of which went for extra bases (a double by Yogi Berra), and Rube Marquard was rocked to the tune of a homer by King Kelly and doubles by Eddie Collins, Ken Griffey Jr, and Kelly again.

Then, in game 2, Huntley raced out to a 5-0 lead after the top of the 8th inning, scoring 2 early off Walter Johnson and adding 3, including a 2-run dinger by Mickey Mantle, off Lee Smith in that top of the 8th.

But then...

Bottom of the 8th, trailing 5-0, with 2 out and Ty Cobb on first, Ted Williams singled and Mickey Cochrane drew a walk against Huntley's Lee Smith (seriously, neither one of us should ever have Smith pitch in a tight game again!). Dennis Eckersley jogged in from the bullpen, and on the 8th pitch of a classic duel, Ken Griffey Jr launched a 466-ft grand slam. 5-4, Red Raiders.

Then George Brett singled. Then Honus Wagner had his own classic battle with Eck, a 10-pitch battle that ended up Brett on third and Wagner on first with a single.

Eck's line for the game: 22 pitches, no outs recorded, 3 hits allowed including a grand slam, 3 inherited runners scored, 4 total runs given up. Great job, Eck.

Fortunately for Huntley's sake, Vida Blue retired Willie Mays on a fielder's choice, and Eric Gagne pitched a 1-2-3 9th inning. So the series heads back to Huntley tied 1-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrdt1 View Post
Can't wait for this one to unfold. I'm hoping for at least one bench-clearing brawl.
None yet, but it's still early...

Old 09-29-2019, 01:46 PM   #120
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

Yes, 2 exciting games in the books...now the series moves to Huntley!
getheroff is offline   Reply With Quote