Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 06-25-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Anyone have good luck with theme team?

My Barnstormers had decent luck with a championship and made game 7 in the Gold final. Been a dog in Perfect League though.

My Bees have been a strong team but I’m tired of their playoff luck so after completing Brewers Live and the Wallbangers missions I thought I’d give a Brewers theme team a try.

Have some okay cards but not sure I can find enough to make it super competitive.

Anyone have luck with a theme team?
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:09 PM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

My senators expos nationals team has won 3 ws. 1 each in bronze silver and gold. My future legends team has won 1 ws and been to 5 more. So I've had decent luck with them.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:54 PM   #3
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

Two theme teams- one Florida players only (current and former Rays and Marlins), one a mash of Cardinals and Reds players. Both competitive through diamond level, unable to make a real dent in Perfect.

Staying in perfect requires A level starting pitching, so it is difficult to have a one franchise only theme team have enough options to be competitive at that level. I would imagine a NYC team that could pull from all 4 historic teams could probably get it done, maybe other team combos as well, like all California teams, etc.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:45 AM   #4
MrBungle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My Twins only team won the WS in its first season. Has been getting crushed last few years in silver though xD

My all switch-hitter team just won its first championship in it's 3rd season

Both now have won championships before my main team that I stuck a little actual money into
MrBungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:00 AM   #5
sharknut
All Star Reserve

I have a NY/SF Giants-Philadelphia A's combined team. Been in Gold for 8 seasons, yet to qualify for the playoffs. I have a very limited pool of players to pick from now that I got to this level. It took about 6 seasons to save up enough to buy a 93 McCovey to replace 89 Will Clark at 1b, it takes many season to save up.

I have 15,000 PP now, but at this point it takes about 30,000 to get a player to improve my team. Hopefully that McCovey piece will help me get to the playoffs. Had 79 wins last year, just need to improve 10% more.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:27 AM   #6
Mudster
Major Leagues

Had decent luck with an all Silver team...was able to make it to Perfect with them, although they were whipping boys in the big leagues. Benched them for a while. Made an Bronze team with, what I thought were, the best of the best, but they've been unable to even win at a .400 clip. Switching them out. Will be trying out my Future Legends team (haven't been able to afford the 90+ ratings, but have the rest) as soon as the league activates.
Mudster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #7
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

I've got an all Braves team in Diamond league. It's mostly struggled there though at around .500 ball. This a F2P team, so its been slow since quickly reaching diamond.

I'm at the point that all the best Braves pitching is expensive. I also need to upgrade Furcal who has terrible def ratings at SS.

I'm also trying to figure out where to slot in Lonnie Smith SE or sell him. My OF is currently Sheffield, Diamond Hank Aaron, and Baker, with Acuna on sub.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote