Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-14-2018, 04:45 PM   #41
Dairy
Bat Boy

How about being able to check split ratings in AH? You can also see overall ratings, not v LHP or RHP or LHB or RHB
Dairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:58 PM   #42
mwb6
Minors (Single A)

A few suggestion

Allow a defensive sub setting that allows a player in the lineup to move to another position. So for instance, you bring in a SS and the player at SS moves to 2B because he's better a 2B def than the player in the lineup. This is pretty complex for the OOTP profile manager but a common double defensive switch in MLB.

May have already been mentioned but filter pitchers and batters in AH by handedness - say you're looking for a LH closer or a SH CF it might be nice to filter on those.
mwb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:54 AM   #43
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

What I really would find interesting would be the option to search for certain players in the entire universe ...

So that I could find how i. e. "my" Don Drysdale performs on other teams in other leagues and levels

Nothing really important, but obviously quite interesting to see.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:06 AM   #44
Clavette
Major Leagues

26 man rosters

Best of 3 wild card play in game. Team with better record gets all 3 home games
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:47 AM   #45
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
How many 30-second timer resets can occur per auction?

I remain strongly opposed to this idea. This is unnecessary if people merely make their best bid the first time. Reset timers drive auction prices down, which is why eBay has never used it. Auction prices are too low already.
OK, saves us time. We'll not implement this yet. Maybe OOTP 20.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #46
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
That's a really bad idea to implement, why have a timer at all then?
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #47
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

huzzah on delaying that idea.... I'd have to agree with Orcin... leave it as is... might suck if someone sweeps in with a last second bid to snatch an auction from you, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I'd rather see a change to how the download notification works after a simulation day is complete... last night I was watching an auction preparing to make that last second bid when the download box popped up (with about 30 seconds left in the auction)... by the time it finished/reloaded, that auction had ended... would be nice if you could just 'x' out of that box and stay where you are to finish what you were doing, then refresh the new download when you're ready.... just my 2 cents...
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #48
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
huzzah on delaying that idea.... I'd have to agree with Orcin... leave it as is... might suck if someone sweeps in with a last second bid to snatch an auction from you, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

just need to make sure you place a max bid that you are willing to pay
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:22 AM   #49
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
just need to make sure you place a max bid that you are willing to pay
Exactly.

It takes sniping completely out of the equation because the sniper can't see what the actual max bid is. So whoever is willing to pay more ultimately gets the card.

It just takes a little getting used to if you haven't encountered this style of auction before.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:24 PM   #50
BIGSIX
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Could we have the option to start our team over from scratch?
One of the best things about OOTP is the ability to take a team and develop it into something better. After a while when your team is filled with gold players and you are in one of the higher leagues that is filled with all stars on every team it may get kind of old. No more real change to effect growth of your team.

It would be nice then to have the option of cashing in your team and starting over from the bottom. You would then be put back into the rookie league and need to rebuild your team all over again.

What do you think?
BIGSIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:31 PM   #51
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSIX View Post
One of the best things about OOTP is the ability to take a team and develop it into something better. After a while when your team is filled with gold players and you are in one of the higher leagues that is filled with all stars on every team it may get kind of old. No more real change to effect growth of your team.

It would be nice then to have the option of cashing in your team and starting over from the bottom. You would then be put back into the rookie league and need to rebuild your team all over again.

What do you think?
Basically you can already do this by creating a different PT account with a different email address. You get three per license

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #52
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSIX View Post

What do you think?

Here's what you do...

1. inactivate every player on your reserve roster; keep active roster full
2. sell inactive cards until you have 10000pp (or skip if you already have it)
3. buy five regular packs of cards and one gold pack (to simulate the starter packs)
4. move players from the reserve roster (starter packs) to your active roster and inactivate the removed players from your active roster
5. sell all of your inactive players (or keep inactive if you don't want the points)

It will take some time to get back to rookie league depending upon where you were, but you will get there. Then start building your team again.

Edit: Another easier and quicker way to do it would be to "craft" your own starter packs by building them from within your existing cards. It is not completely starting over because your initial roster is not random, but you do get to keep some of your favorite current cards. You would need to keep 1 gold card, 3 silver, 12 bronze, and 20 common cards to equal what you get from the starter packs. Inactivate the rest, and sell or keep as you see fit.

Last edited by Orcin; 11-15-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: added another idea
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #53
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Basically you can already do this by creating a different PT account with a different email address. You get three per license

You guys do realize that this is ripe for exploitation right? I have nothing against it personally but it won't be long before you see common cards selling for ridiculous amounts as some players will use the auction house to transfer PP among their three accounts.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #54
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
You guys do realize that this is ripe for exploitation right? I have nothing against it personally but it won't be long before you see common players selling for ridiculous amounts as some players will use the auction house to transfer PP among their three accounts.
We're definitely aware that can happen, and we have some safeguards in place to guard against it and are adding others. We'll always keep monitoring things in this area.

The problem is that we can't really block this outright, as sometimes families will share a Steam account or even a license and doing that would not be fair to them.

Just allowing one account per license would also not close off the possibility of people cheating with multiple accounts.

If people really want to cheat in this way, they can always just buy another copy or two of the game anyway, especially once it's on sale.

So no matter what, we need to have ways to protect against this sort of exploitation. So in the end, we can't promise this will never happen, but if people do it we'll definitely catch and ban them sooner or later, depending on how egregious they are.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-15-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #55
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
You guys do realize that this is ripe for exploitation right? I have nothing against it personally but it won't be long before you see common cards selling for ridiculous amounts as some players will use the auction house to transfer PP among their three accounts.
I'm pretty sure they've already mentioned keeping an eye on this sort of exploitation - it should be pretty easy in the code to monitor/flag/prevent transactions occurring between accounts made using the same email address.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:47 PM   #56
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
I'm pretty sure they've already mentioned keeping an eye on this sort of exploitation - it should be pretty easy in the code to monitor/flag/prevent transactions occurring between accounts made using the same email address.
The accounts would have to use different email addresses (only one account allowed per email addy).
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:07 PM   #57
seyler
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post
Will there be a way to "gift" PP or packs to friends?
I feel that would leave too many loop holes to cheat... (Multiple teams, etc)
seyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:08 AM   #58
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Will there ever be a app so you can manage and use auction house from your phone?
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:35 AM   #59
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post
Will there be a way to "gift" PP or packs to friends?
You will be able to buy PP and gift these to friends. Gifting packs / cards will not be possible though.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #60
Ajax
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Suggestion: I think you should not allow players to be sold from the active roster.

Maybe its just me, but I accidentally sold a 50-something RP that was doing well off my active roster. It's a fairly subtle difference in the card sell screen, and why not move to the reserve roster at least before selling. You have to replace them anyway.

Just eliminates the oops.

Last edited by Ajax; 11-16-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote