Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 11-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #721
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1992-93 NHL Regular Season

The Regular season will last 84 games this season. Up from the 80 games we have been playing for a long time.

Tampa’s first ever game is a loss to the Blackhawks. In Expo Hall, a small rink holding just over 10k, Mark Janssens got the franchise’s first ever goal.

Ottawa hosted the “Stanley Cup favourites” Canadiens in their first game. Doug Brown scores the first goal in this franchise’s rebirth. Despite being outshot 46-21, the Sens win 5-3!

It’s early, but Mario Lemieux and Brett Hull both start out the season on pace for 50 in 50. Lemieux has 14 goals in 12 games, while Hull has 12 in 11. Also, NY’s Mats Sundin leads the league in assists. Have the Islanders fully arrived?!

Hull aiming at 50 in 50!

Lemieux scored just once in the 2nd month of the season, but that doesn’t mean his production fell off. He had 20 assists, putting him on top of the league scoring race. Mario has some help this year. Dmitri Khristich is looking great on his wing, with 37 points, while Mike Modano has developed into a very dangerous offensive option, who probably can be the main option for a bunch of teams. Modano also has 37 points on the season. This Wings team looks better then they have in years!

20 assists in November!

Right after I wrote that, Mario Lemieux’s season ends again. He breaks his shoulder, keeping him out for atleast 6 months. Lemieux finishes the season with 42 points in 26 games.

Through 40 games, the Senators are 3-35-2. That’s not far off what the real life expansion team did. Ottawa’s leading scorer is Pelle Eklund, a 29 year old 1.5 star forward. He’s a decent player, who had some success with Toronto in the 80’s. He’s got 25 points in 39 games this year. Now if Eklund is your best player, then your screwed!! The 1976 Atlanta Flames went 7-61-12. Good for 26 points. That’s the mark Ottawa needs to avoid!

Eklund pacing the Sens.

Washington and Detroit hook up to make a fairly big deal..

Detroit trades their top defenseman, Vladimir Konstantinov for last season's rookie of the year, Petr Nedved. Detroit is having a great season, leading the Norris Division. They have been getting scoring from people other then Mario Lemieux. Konstantinov hasn’t been great this year, but he’s been steady, and he plays more then anyone else on the team. He’s a physical player, who blocks a lot of shots. This deal creates a huge hole on defense. Detroit now has one 3 star, two 2 stars, and 3 1.5 star defensemen in the lineup. Nedved, a centre, will play where Modano was before the Lemieux injury. I don’t think they really needed to upgrade that spot. Jozef Stumpel was doing fine. Nedved is gonna be a point per game player, and this might help short term, but should hurt Detroit over the long term..

Nedved joins Detroit!

The Edmonton Oilers look like they have finally turned a corner. After a few playoff runs after qualifying in 4th place, they are leading the Smythe Division by about 1000000 points. The defense has developed into the best group in hockey. Nic Lidstrom has 64 points in 53 games. Brian Leetch has 49 points and a game rating of 77! Larry Murphy has 30 points, and has not been a liability in his own zone. Gerald Diduck, Neil Wilkinson and Dmitri Yushkevich are defense first guys who are doing a great job. Up front, forwards like John LeClair, and Mikael Renberg have developed into world class players. They play with established studs Joe Nieuwendyk and Dale Hawerchuk. If the Islanders are the Wales conference team on the rise, their other conference rival may very well be this young Oilers team!

Lidstrom could win the Pilote this year!

32 year old Wayne Gretzky just hit 1000 assists. It’s only a matter of time before he passes Gilbert Perreault’s record of 1121. Gretzky is having a great year. He’s now got 115 points at the February 27th trade deadline, leading the league by 12 points. His Whalers are having a fantastic season. Wayne is also closing in on Guy Lafleurs point record. He’s about 250 away at the moment.

Gretzky is racing to the top of the record books.

Huge blow to the champs. In late March, Doug Gilmour fractures his elbow, ending his season. Dougie had 107 points at the time of his injury. He’s not a guy you can replace with depth. With the season Hartford and Boston have had, I can’t see the Nordiques getting out of the division without Gilmour.

Gilmour's season is over.

Final Standings

The Flyers, a year removed from back to back titles, followed by a conference finals appearance, fall to just 54 points, and last place in the Patrick. Steve Yzerman only played 48 games. Geoff Courtnall played 65, but Curtis Joseph had a career high game rating, so I can’t explain them being that awful!!

New Jersey wins the president’s trophy, with 120 points. Their division rival, the Islanders, are officially back. They did this without Mats Sundin, who got hurt right after my post about his hot start. I missed the news about it. Sundin ends up playing just 13 games, getting 17 points. He’s healthy though for the playoffs!

The Senators win more then the 77 Flames. They still only finish with 32 points though, 20 points worse then anyone else.

Vancouver, fresh off a trip to the finals, miss the playoffs, while 2nd year San Jose has made it!

Brett Hull hits 71 goals, but doesn’t come close to the 50 in 50 mark after his great start. He finished the season on fire, scoring 12 goals in 6 games!

Jaromir Jagr gets 94 points in 84 games. Eric Lindros finishes the year with 76 points and 185 PIMS, while Pavel Bure has 54 goals and 109 points. With Sundin back for the playoffs, that’s a scary group!

The Senators leading scorer ends up being Pelle Eklund, with 52 points. T.B’s top scorer is Jonas Bergqvist, with 64 points.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:54 PM   #722
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Go Islanders!
Cygnusx1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:21 AM   #723
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1993 NHL Playoffs

Adams Division

According to the season preview, Montreal is again the favourite to win the cup. Well then, I guess it’s an upset!! Boston beats Montreal in 6 games. I will let everyone know when Montreal is ready to be a favourite again! Without Doug Gilmour, I didn’t think the Nordiques would have a chance at defending their title. I was finally right about something! Quebec falls in five to Hartford in the first round. Boston sets the 2nd round tone with a 6-0 win in game one. The Whalers then came up short in three 1 goal games, succumbing in five. The Bruins will play in the Wales conference finals.

Patrick Division

For the 2nd straight year, the 4th place Rangers fail to win a playoff game, going down in 4 straight. This time they lose to the Devils. With Mats Sundin back in the lineup, the Islanders young core look even more dangerous then they did in the regular season. Sundin leads the team in scoring, with 9 points, in their 5 game series win over Washington. NJ started off showing the young Islanders they weren’t ready, by winning the first three games of their 2nd round series. Then Devils goalie Kelly Hrudey got hurt. NY pounced and won 3 straight to force a game 7. It took 65 minutes to settle the series. Tim Bergland scored the winner for the Devils, who escape. The Islanders are coming though!

Norris Division

The Blues did not have an easy time with Toronto. The Leafs played tough, and took St. Louis to 6, but ran out of gas. The North Stars get revenge. After losing a year ago to the Wings, they sweep Detroit, without Mario Lemieux, right out of the playoffs. Despite lasting 6 games, I never got the feeling St. Louis was in trouble with the North Stars. The Blues 9-4 win in game 6 is a tough pill from Minnesota fans to swallow with rumours the team might be leaving after the season. St. Louis returns to the Campbell conference finals.

Smythe Division

In the biggest upset of the playoffs, the Sharks eliminate first place Edmonton in just 5 games!! Huge choke job by the Oilers, who I viewed as a cup contender. San Jose is in the 2nd round in their 2nd year! Dirk Graham’s overtime goal in game 6 won the Kings their first round series over Winnipeg, setting up a all California 2nd round. SJ has home ice advantage incorrectly. The Sharks use that to their advantage, winning the first two games. LA then woke up, and sent the Sharks home with 4 straight wins. The Kings advance.

Wales Conference Finals

Boston will incorrectly receive home ice advantage. I know I’ve said this many times, but HOW THE HELL DO THE DEVELOPERS SCREW THIS UP!! Come on… After the teams exchanged first period goals, Boston grabbed control of the game and the series with 3 goals in the 2nd. Neal Broten has 3 points, while Scott Stevens adds a goal and 2 assists. 4-1 Bruins win the opener. Scott Young scores the first goal of game two on the PP early in the first. Little did he know at the time it would be the winning goal. Bruins goalie John Blue stops 17 shots, while Scott Stevens finishes with 3 assists. 3-0 Boston wins.

Stevens is dominant in the first two games!

After one goal in the first two games, the Devils double that in the first period of game three, but still find themselves tied. Boston grabs a 3-2 lead early in the third. NJ then explodes for four straight goals! Benoit Hogue scores twice and dishes out another assists. 6-3 Devils win. Game four is tied at two heading into the third period just like the last game. NJ doesn’t score 4 goals though, they get just one, off the stick of Esa Tikkanen. Its’ enough to win it 3-2! Devils tie the series.

Benoit Hogue's game three performance helps NJ get back into the series!

Back at home for game five, It’s all Boston. Chris Kontos, Neal Broten and Joe Juneau score in a 6 minute span during the first. There was no looking back from there. Boston coasts to a 5-1 win, taking the series lead. What’s looking like a homer series means it’s the Devils turn. Tied at 2 heading into the third for the third straight game in NJ, the Devils repeat their game three performance. Brett Hull scores twice in the third. Esa Tikkanen and Doug Lidster also score. NJ wins 6-4, forcing a game 7.

Brett Hull's 2 goals force a game seven!

Game seven should be in NJ. It’s not. I wish I could fix this but I can’t. It really bugs me that the president’s trophy winning Devils have to play a game 7 on the road. NJ plays the first period like they are at home. Jyrkki Lumme and Dave Reid both score, giving the Devils a 2-0 lead. Tim Bergland makes it 3-0 in the 2nd. Boston finally gets on the board halfway through the period on a Phil Housley point shot. Jyrki Lumme though somehow gets a breakaway and restores the 3 goal lead. NJ turns on the defense and shuts down the Bruins from there. Devils win 4-1, and advance to the Cup Finals!

Campbell Conference Finals

Game one is a blowout. St. Louis outshoots the Kings 47-13. Adam Oates scores twice, while the Blues go 3/11 on the power play. If this is any indication, it will be a quick series. 7-0 Blues. The Kings got the wakeup call. Even though they go down early in game two, they have a response. Kevin Miller’s shorthanded goal ties the game at one, then Miller scores with 5 seconds left in the first to give LA their first lead. Tom Fitzgerald then scores twice in 92 seconds to make it 4-1 LA. The Kings respond with a 5-2 win to tie the series.

Adam Oates has a big game one!

Kevin Miller’s third of the series opens the game three scoring, but the Blues respond this time, with Adam Oates scoring their 2nd pp goal of the first late, giving St. Louis the lead. In a 73 second span in the 2nd, Sergei Fedorov and Aris Brimanis score, giving the Kings the lead back. Tom Chorske adds an insurance marker in the third, which the Kings would need. 4-3 LA grabs the series lead. Tied at one entering the third, game four got a bit wild. Sergei Fedorov and Dirk Graham score early in the frame, making it 3-1 Kings. Rob Brown cut the lead to one. With 3 minutes left, Ulf Samuelsson scores on the PP to tie it. We are headed to overtime, is what I would be saying if Tom Firzgerarld didn’t score in the final minute. The Kings blow it, and then save it! 4-3 LA wins.

Hero goal!

Game 5 is a tame, low scoring affair. Tied at one near the end of the first, Bob Bassen scores on a goal mouth scramble with just 6 seconds remaining until the break. With a 2-1 lead, the Blues turn up the defense. Neither team is able to get another goal. St. Louis stays alive with a 2-1 win, and head back to LA. Steve Chaisson scores short handed to open game six’s scoring. St. Louis’ lead would be short lived, as Tom Chorske, Dirk Graham and Doug Weight all score in the first 10 minutes of the first. 3-1 Kings after a period. Sergei Fedorov adds to the lead in the 2nd. The back breaker comes off the stick of Aris Brimanis, who scores shorthanded, with 20 seconds left in the 2nd. 5-1 Kings, and they skate to a 6-3 win. LA wins the series in 6!

Old 11-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #724
George_Bell
All Star Starter

I don't think the Kings have the depth to skate with New Jersey. Sergei Fedorov, and Reijo Ruustalanien both will need to have a big series for the Kings to win this thing. Real life Devil's legend, Martin Brodeur, is the young goalie leading the Kings here. He's had an excellent playoff, but right now, Kelly Hrudey is the better goalie.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #725
enf91
Minors (Double A)

Does the game re-seed the teams after each round? If it doesn't, that might explain things.
enf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #726
Cygnusx1018
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi George, if it's not too much of a hassle, could you maybe post the lines for every team at some point? If it's too hard I understand.
Cygnusx1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #727
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enf91 View Post
Does the game re-seed the teams after each round? If it doesn't, that might explain things.
Ya, it doesn't, that's why. And that just not good enough, and one of the main reasons i won't be buying the new game. It's not good enough for me to not fix this.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #728
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnusx1018 View Post
Hi George, if it's not too much of a hassle, could you maybe post the lines for every team at some point? If it's too hard I understand.
No, i won't be doing that, it's just too many teams and too much work, what i can do is post 2-3 teams during each season's preview instead of the player spotlight. I'll look at teams instead of players!
Old 11-18-2018, 11:29 AM   #729
George_Bell
All Star Starter

So much for my theory that the Kings can’t skate with the Devils. 2 mins into game one, Doug Weight gives LA the lead. One minute later, Dirk Graham makes it 2-0. Before the end of the period, Sergei Fedorov scores twice. It’s 4-0 after a period, and a 6-2 final. NJ turns the page on the Kings by dominating the first period of game 2. Dave Hannan scores twice, leading the Devils to a 4-1 win to ties the series.

Fedorov helps the Kings start the series off well!

Both teams start early in game three. LA is up 2-0 in the first five minutes, but NJ storms back. Benoit Hogue scores twice, and Konstantin Shafranov adds another, all within a 85 seconds span, giving NJ the lead. That burst must have crushed the Kings, as NJ dominates the rest of the way. LA gets just 10 more shots on goal, while the Devils add three more. 6-2 Devils. NJ lets the Kings hold the lead in game four, but only for a short time. Down 2-1, Brett Hull scores twice in 40 seconds early in the 2nd to take the lead. Hull then scores twice more in the third, capping off a 4 goal night! NJ wins game four, 6-2!

Hull scores 4 goals in game 4!

Brett Hull has caught fire. He scored 4 straight goals in game four, which is not a good thing for LA. Down 1-0 in the third period of game five, Brett Hull ties the game with his 17th goal of the playoffs. He then assists’ on Dave Reid’s pp goal which gives NJ the lead, and scores again to add some insurance. Hull is in on all three Devil goals, in their series clinching, 3-1 win. New Jersey has won the Stanley Cup!

Old 11-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #730
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Old 11-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #731
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1993 NHL Offseason News and Notes

Here are last seasons skating leaders.

Here are the goalie leaders

Here are the playoff scoring leaders

Mike Modano wins the Hart and Pearson awards. I disagree, as I think this year belonged to Wayne Gretzky. He had a great year, and his Whalers were better then they have been in years. Modano sure stepped up with Mario Lemieux’s absence, but I think it’s a reach to name him MVP. Peter Forsberg wins the rookie of the year, with 57 points. Can Forsberg turn the Sabres around?

Calgary’s Bryan Trottier has retired. The 36 year old is the greatest Flame of all time. There’s no debate about that. He holds the NHL record for assists in a season, with 108, in 1981. He retires with 556 goals, 1073 assists, and 1629 points in 1268 games. A sure fire Hall of Famer, Trottier is probably a top 20 player in NHL history. Calgary has retired his number 17. Also retiring is 36 year old Peter Stastny. The Ranger was signed in the iron curtain draft back in 1976, after being selecting him 108th overall in the draft that year. Stastny then played 1349 games as a Ranger, scoring 439 goals, and 1354 points. He’s 2nd all time in points, and 3rd in goals in Rangers history. NY will retire his number 62.

Big changes in the NHL this season, so lets go step by step. First off, we are expanding again. Teams have been awarded to Miami, which will be home of the Florida Panthers, and the Walt Disney company, who will run the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. In real life, the teams received the 4th and 5th overall picks in the entry draft, so I will edit the order to make sure that happens.

The Mighty Ducks....

The Minnesota North Stars are no more. One of the most successful franchises of the past 15 years is on the move to Dallas. Despite the wins, attendance problems caused the move, with the NHL promising to award the city of Minneapolis a new team in the future. The Dallas Stars, as they will be known, did not change their logo or uniforms, but here is the new looks of the Mighty Ducks and Panthers.

The NHL has realigned their teams. Gone are the Campbell and Wales conferences. Gone are the Adams, Norris, Smythe, and Patrick divisions. We know have the Eastern and Western Conference, and the divisions are names based on the locations of their teams. Here is the new realignment with division names.

The playoffs will also change in the NHL. I personally think the top 4 teams in 4 divisions is the best playoff format in all of sports. It fosters rivalries and playoff races like nothing else. The NHL has gotten rid of that format, and will now award playoff spots to the top 8 teams in each conference, with the two division winners received the top 2 seeds.

Here are the results of the expansion draft. Not much talent out there again. David Oliver, just 22 years old, goes 23rd to Anaheim. He’s got strong offensive skills, and youth on his side. He looks like he just needs a chance to get some ice time. He will get that in Anaheim. I expect him to compete for the team lead in scoring. Lets see…

Ottawa gets the first pick in the entry draft, and selects Paul Kariya. He’s the best player on the team right now even if he doesn’t develop. Kariya as a chance to be special, but so do many others, in a very deep draft. There are some happy teams later on in the first round.

Bernie Parent and Borje Salming have been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Parent was a constant winner when he played with the Rangers. He was the goalie during the Rangers most successful run. Borje Salming helped the California Golden Seals win a Stanley Cup, then was instrumental getting the Cleveland Barons to the cup finals. After joining the Sabres, Salming quietly came up just 36 points shy of 1000!!

Onto the 1993-94 regular season!
Old 11-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #732
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1993-94 NHL Season Preview

Team Spotlight

The game seems to think the Habs are a Cup favourite. They have thought this for a few years now. I don’t know why. They haven’t been close to a favourite in a long time. Lets take a look at their depth chart and see why…

There’s no doubt Montreal has talent. They are stacked on LW, infact Wendel Clark is better in every aspect then Derek King, but his physical skills fit the fourth line better then Kings. Shanahan just broke out with a 70 point season. Rob Blake has emerged as a star. Craig Billington has become a 4 star goalie. So ya, I can see why the cpu likes this team. On paper, they look really good. On the ice though, they haven’t come close to good in a while..

Vancouver went from their first cup finals, following two division crowns, to missing the playoffs. Here is their depth chart going into the season.

Age has caught up to Mike Gartner. He’s going to the Hall of Fame, and has a shot at 700 goals, but he’s 34, and isn’t the same player he once was. His speed is down to 17. I don’t know what it was in his prime, but I’d imagine it was 20 minimum. Andrew Cassels and Steve Larmer provided very little secondary scoring last year. If the first line wasn’t scoring, it was a huge struggle. The defense isn't a strong suit, which hurts goalie Brian Hayward. His save percentage fell 30 points last season. He needs to return to form…
Old 11-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #733
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1993-94 NHL Regular Season

Ouch. A horrible debut for the Panthers, who visited Chicago. I can’t imagine how bad you have to be to only muster 4 shots on net. That has to be a NHL record. Chicago wins easily, 5-0.

Anaheim gets a goal in their first game, but it still get beaten pretty bad. Detroit runs it up in a 7-1 win.

Holly crap, the Ducks, brand new, and without a win, just made what looks like the biggest steal in NHL history!!

Eric Lindros goes to Anaheim for a goalie selected twice in the last 2 expansion drafts, and a 26 year old seventh defenseman!! I can’t believe this! Lindros is a first line center, who was playing on the Islanders 2nd line because Mats Sundin is older and more developed. Now he’s Anaheim’s franchise. Marcus Ketterer is a solid goalie, but solid goalies are put on waivers every year. What a horrible deal for NY. This is pretty much unexplainable!

Lindros will play in Anaheim!

Give it up to the expansion teams. Florida acquires a number one defenseman!

Vladimir Konstantinov becomes a Panther, and might play 60 minutes a night! All Florida has to give up is 33 year old Andy Moog, who is a good goalie, but again, good goalies aren’t hard to find. They also get Jon Klemm, whose a 1.5 star player. I don’t know how these expansion teams are doing it. Not only are they getting the better player easily, they are also getting teams to throw in draft picks!!

Konstantinov will become Florida's best defensman!

That Lindros trade, while stupid, hasn’t effected the Isles this year. Sundin, Bure and Jagr are young and in their prime. They have NY out to a 17-6-1 start. Ray Bourque is still Ray Bourque, and Ketterer is playing, and playing well. Still wouldn’t make that trade in a million years, but maybe im stupid, because it’s been good so far.

Jagr leads the Isle's in scoring

Woah, the Oilers continue to emerge has one of the teams to beat. After a great regular season last year, they were upset in the playoffs but are back this year. They have the best record in the west, and Mikael Renberg has emerged as a star. He’s got 36 goals and 36 assists in 52 games so far. The 21 year old has half his points on that lethal powerplay, which feathers Lidstrom and Leetch on the points. I’m waiting for a Edmonton, Islanders final!!

Renberg has emerged as a legit goal scoring threat!

Wayne Gretzky has reached 700 goals, 1800 points, and is about to pass Gilbert Perreault in the all time assists category. I don’t know if you could call it a resurgence, but since turning 30, Gretzky has been better then his late 20’s. His game ratings are the highest in his career, and his team is winning more then ever. At the moment, Wayne has 110 points in 63 games, leading the league.

Gretzky has been great in his 30s.

WOW, maybe the Islanders aren’t that stupid. NY picks up a potential defensive stud!!

Chris Pronger goes to NY, in a deal that costs the Islanders an 18 year old goalie prospect, and a 27 year old journeyman. Marty Turco had a nice real life career, but 18 year old pixelated Turco is a 2 star prospect, that has a long way to go. Hurlbut is nothing. Pronger was the 2nd pick in last years draft, and had 32 points in 59 games after making the Islanders as a teenager. The game clearly values goalies too high in these deals. This trade is insane!

Pronger goes to one of the NHL's top teams!

An extremely busy trade deadline this year. 14 deals go down. Nothing is done worth mentioning, but the sheer number was worth mentioning!

Final Standings

The new playoff format means Washington, who finished fourth in the Atlantic, will not qualify. Quebec who finish 5th in the Northeast, make the playoffs. Maybe they are getting old, but the Nordiques haven’t been this bad in a while. Doug Gilmour was nominated for the Hart Trophy, but his team is the 8th seed. Come on….

Buffalo makes the playoffs! I can’t remember the last time they played a postseason game. Let’s check! 1985. That’s a long time ago. Amazingly, the Sabres did this with only half a season from Peter Forsberg, who tore a muscle in January. Forsberg is out for atleast the first round.

The Islanders win the President’s trophy. Sundin, Jagr and Bure are all great, but Ray Bourque was ALL TIME. He sets a single season record for points by a defenseman with 124! His 98 assists are tied for the 4th most ever! Ray Bourque should be this season’s Hart Trophy winner, but he’s not nominated.

The LA Kings fall from the Cup finals, to 20 games under .500 and 5th place in the Pacific. That division looks like the Oilers to control for a long time. Edmonton sets a franchise record with 119 points.

Brett Hull misses out on another 70 goal season by two goals! He’s now got 592 goals, which has passed his father, Bobby Hull, who retired with 589!

Pavel Bure scores 56 goals. Jaromir Jagr gets 122 points, while Mats Sundin had 118. Markus Ketterer finishes the year with a 2.20 gaa, and a .894 SP. Eric Lindros, playing with no one in Anaheim, gets 52 points in 66 games.

Florida’s leading scorer is Vitali Karamnov, who finishes the seasons with 48 points.

Edmonton’s breakout star, Mikael Renberg, scores 53 times, and leads the team with 110 points.

Last edited by George_Bell; 11-23-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:56 AM   #734
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1994 NHL Playoffs

Eastern Conference

Quebec showed their age, being unable to stay with the young Islanders, getting shut out three times, and losing in five. Boston and Montreal renew their rivalry, but the Habs get the W this time. The Bruins fell down 3 games to zero, and couldn’t rebound. In round two, NY grabs a 3-1 series lead on Montreal, but watch as their inexpedience lets the Habs back in the series. Montreal forces a game 7, in which they get a Wendel Clark hat trick, but the Islanders had an answer for each goal, and just a bit more. NY wins game seven 5-4, to advance to the semi finals.

Hartford has an easy time with a team that has a bunch of players making their playoff debuts. Buffalo goes down in five. The defending champs had two 9 goal games in their five game series win over Philly. In what I thought was the best 2nd round series on paper, New Jersey goes right through the Whalers, winning convincingly in 5 games.

Western Conference

Edmonton gets another chance at San Jose. The Sharks take the opener in overtime, sending panic across Northern Alberta. The Oilers put those fears to rest though, winning the next four games. St. Louis had a strong regular season, but get upset by the Blackhawks in 6 games. Chicago then takes Edmonton to the limit. In a back and forth series, the Oilers need everything they have to win a game 7. Edmonton didn’t have it easy, but they advance.

Detroit is never in danger in their 4 game sweep of the Canucks. In the 3 games played in the city of Winnipeg in their series, Dallas does not manage to score a goal. That’s not good, and it’s the cause of their 6 game series loss. Detroit takes on the Jets in round two, and gives up just 3 goals in the first three games. Winnipeg doubles their offensive output in game four, but the Red Wings double that up themselves. Detroit sweeps the Jets, and improve to 8-0 in the first two rounds.

Eastern Conference Finals

In last years second round, the Islanders took NJ to seven games, and then to overtime, before finally falling. The two teams meet again with a trip to the finals on the line. The first period features four goals from unexpected places. NY’s Randy McKay and Terry Yake each get their 2nd of the playoffs, while NJ’s Shafranov and Sylvain Lefebvre each get their first. The Islanders offense then dried up, while NJ’s did not. Marty McInnis assists on 3 goals in the 2nd period, leading the Devils to a 6-3 win. Game 2 was the same story. 2-2 after a period. It’s like NJ just needs to warm up, because after the first, they dominated. Bill Houlder would score short handed, while Benoit Hogue added two more. The Islanders score twice late, but by then it was over. 6-4 Devils win.

New Jersey's Marty McInnis is the first star of game one!

NJ leads 2-0 on home ice after a period, but the Islanders do respond. Jaromir Jagr and Jonas Hoglund tied it at two. Brett Hull gives the Devils the lead back, but Jagr’s 2nd ties it again. Late in the third, Ray Bourque gets his first of the series, only to see NJ answer 12 seconds later, forcing overtime. They play 13 minutes of overtime before deciding this one. Marty McInnis roofs a shot in tight, giving NJ the 5-4 win. NY holds a tight, 2-1 lead heading into the 3rd period of game four. Brett Hull would tie it early, but the Islanders respond of the stick of Chris Pronger. Again, the Devils tie it, but this time, the Islanders had no response. Glenn Anderson scores with a few minutes left, the series winning goal. 4-3 Devils, they sweep the president’s trophy winning Islanders to go back to the Stanley Cup!

Western Conference Final

Oh boy, the Oilers were not ready for game one. Mario Lemieux scores a goal and dishes out 3 assists. Edmonton is outshot 54-22, and take 28 PIM’s while Detroit takes just 2. Detroit wins 5-1. A much more disciplined Oilers teams came out for game two, and despite them staying out of the box, Detroit outshoots them 38-19. Still Ron Hextall is fantastic, only allowing a single goal. Edmonton gets goals from Ronnie Stern and John LeClair. Oilers are lucky to win it 2-1.

Hextall steals game two for Edmonton!

Another strong effort from Detroit has me believing the Oilers do not have what it takes. After an early Edmonton goal, Bob Probert scores to tie it. Mike Modano gets two points in the 2nd, while Edmonton is held to just 10 shots in the final two frames. 4-1 Red Wings win. The domination continues in game four. Mike Modano gets a hat trick. Mario Lemieux has 4 points. Edmonton manages 7 shots. Detroit scored 8 goals!! 8-0 Detroit. It’s only a matter of time, probably 60 more minutes at this point.

Modano is dominating Edmonton

Detroit doesn’t score 8 goals in game five. Infact, after Mario Lemieux and Petr Nedved score in the first, they don’t score again, but Edmonton can’t get anything going either. They are shutout for the 2nd straight game. 2-0 Detroit wins. The series is over in 5 games!

Old 11-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #735
George_Bell
All Star Starter

As impressive as New Jersey’s sweep of the Islanders was, Detroit looked better dominating the Oilers. Mario Lemieux only played 62 games this year, so take Modano leading the team in scoring with a grain of salt. Detroit has 4 players with 20+ points in the playoffs. They are playing amazing at the moment. John Vanbiesbrouk has a .924 sp in the playoffs. NJ are the champs though, and Bret Hull is scoring a goal a game in the postseason. They won’t go down without a fight. The way Detroit is playing though, I think they win the series.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:28 PM   #736
JaytheGreat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bring it on home Red Wings, prove to me you guys weren't compete idiots for trading away Konstantinov.
JaytheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #737
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Mike Modano gets the first goal of the Stanley Cup final. It’s his 10th of the playoffs. NJ gets 11 shots in the first, but just 8 the rest of the way. Bob Rouse scores in the 2nd, making it 2-0. Jon Vanbiesbrouk stops everything, recording his third straight shutout. 3-0 Red Wings. New Jersey gets on the board in game two, but Sylvain Lefebvre’s goal only tied it for the Devils. Lemieux and Modano both score early in the third, making it 3-1. NJ is able to cut the lead to one, but Sandy Moger added an insurance marker the team would need, as Brett Hull scored late. Detroit holds on to win it 4-3.

3 straight shutouts for Vanbiesbrouck!

Game three looks like a must win for the Devils. Any desperation they had didn’t help. Petr Nedved scored minutes in, and Bob Rouse made it 2-0 before the end of the period. Detroit outshoots the Devils 42-8. It’s not that surprising that NJ didn’t get a goal. Vanbiesbrouck gets his 4th shutout in 5 games. 2-0 Detroit wins. Despite only getting 16 shots in game four, the Devils finally get some offense. Benoit Hogue gives NJ their first lead of the series. The Devils lose the lead, but get three straight 3rd period goals, including Glenn Anderson’s winner with 4 minutes left. NJ stays alive with a 4-2 win.

Hogue's goal in game four gave NJ it's first lead of the entire series!

I thought the Devils were done, but Darren Madeley stopped 27 Detroit shots. New Jersey leads 3-0 after the first period. Ted Drury gets a short handed goals, and shuts down the Wings offense the rest of the way. Devils win game five, 3-0! Brett Hull scores early in game six, making Red Wings fans around the world extremely worried. Detroit responds. Igor Ulanov’s first of the playoffs gives the Wings a 2-1 lead after a period. They exchange goals in the 2nd, and Jyrki Lumme has it tied early in the third. With 8 minutes left, Mike Modano gives Detroit a lead. NJ gets 38 shots in this game, and a series high 17 in the third period, but they can’t get that tying goal! Detroit wins 4-3, and has another Stanley Cup!

Old 11-26-2018, 11:05 AM   #738
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Old 11-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #739
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1994 NHL Offseason News and Notes

Here are the skating leaders for the season.

Here are the goalie leaders.

Here are the playoff leaders.

Ray Bourque does not win the Hart or the Pearson, but does take the Pilote. Wayne Gretzky wins his 7th Hart trophy and 6th Art Ross award. Rookie of the year, Chris Pronger, was a great fit on the island. He had 11 points in his 21 games, giving him a season total of 43 points. His game rating was 65. That’s really impressive for a 19 year old.

Washington’s Randy Carlyle has retired. The 38 year old spent 15 years on the Capital's blueline, playing 1251 games. He’s the franchise’s all time leader in games played, and points by a defenseman. Washington will retire his number 5. The Islanders are losing one the premiere offensive defenseman of the 1980’s, as Doug Wilson has called it quits at the age of 36. Wilson didn’t get much attention from me, but he put up great numbers. He scored 20 goals 6 times in a 7 year span. He hit 70 points four times, and eclipsed 80 twice! He is one of three Islanders to play 1000 games, and is fourth in franchise scoring with 797 points. NY retires his number 2!

The 1994 NHL entry draft has to be considered horrible from a potential point of view. There is almost no one to really get excited about. Dan Boyle is the first pick, and while he’s got the talent to be a good player, you don’t want to take Dan Boyle first overall!

I’m shocked players like Ryan Smyth, Patrik Elias and Ed Jovanoski have such low potentials. That’s the reason this draft seems so meh…

Lanny McDonald and Larry Robinson are headed into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Lanny McDonald was one of the greatest goal scorers in NHL history. He scored 616 goals, and if you add in his two WHA seasons, that total goes upto 740 goals in 1158 games! In his final two seasons, he scored 76 goals, so he could have kept going! Larry Robinson was a rock for the Blackhawks. Chicago has historically been bad. They have had some great players, but the team never supports those great players. Robinson is an example of being the only real good defenseman on the team. A career game rating of 71, and a plus 222 in his career show he could only do so much.

As preseason games begin, the possibility of no season is become close to a reality. The NHL and the players association are currently without a collective bargaining agreement. The NHL wants to add a salary cap, while the players are dead set against it. A labour stoppage is very possible.

The Owners and Players are not getting along!

On October first, the owners officially locked out the players. No NHL games would be played until the two sides can reach an agreement. In place of NHL hockey, the players organized a 4 on 4 tournament to be played in North America. Wayne Gretzky recruited a handful of players and toured Europe, while many players joined teams playing in European leagues.

On January 11, 103 days into the lockout, the two sides reached a deal. The owners won several minor concessions, including a rookie salary cap and changes to the arbitration system. But they failed to get any sort of league wide salary cap or luxury tax system at all, and the salary growth that had spurred the stoppage in the first place would go on to continue unchecked for years to come. The season would begin on January 20th, and last until May 3rd. 48 games would be played. In game, there is now a "free agent’s file" button, which means we have entered the free agent phase. I will look at that next offseason…Onto the season!

Season saved!

Last edited by George_Bell; 11-28-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #740
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1995 NHL Season Preview

Team Spotlight

Two straight great regular season, but two straight playoff disappointments. Lets look at the Edmonton Oilers.

Edmonton’s strength is on the blueline. Their top 5 is fantastic. Lidstrom and Leetch are stars. So when those two are playing half a game, they are hard to beat. John LeClair and Dale Hawerchuk are more then capable of providing secondary scoring, while Mikael Renberg’s emergence makes the top line very scary. Edmonton is indeed a top team in the league. Can they get over the playoff hump?

San Jose, about to start their 4th season, has made the playoffs twice, and even beat first place Edmonton two years ago. Lets take a look at what they have on their team.

Tony Hand has become a legit good player! He scored 30 two years ago, and is the Sharks leading scorer with 176 points! John Madden, maybe the worst 2nd overall pick in history, finally made the team last year, but only played 11 mins a game. He still doesn’t look like someone who will contribute, but he’s slated as a 2nd liner. The defense is very weak, without any help on the horizon. They play in a weak division, which benefits their record. The Sharks are not a good team.