Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #1
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

Big Achievement

Logged into my iron team last night, saw I had a 10,000 PP game thanks to a 9,000 pt achievement for hitting 5 HR in ONE inning. Have to imagine that is one of the rarer achievements out there, having not seen that one before.

Since we are still in the early stages of PT 20, spent the points and bought 11 packs. Out of 66 players pulled, got 1 low live Diamond, 0 Gold, 4 silver and a bunch of Bronze and Iron.

This is one of those things about PT- ripping packs is fun, but as a strategy, it is not very effective and generally a terrible return on your investment.

However, the game depends on people spending PP and opening packs, since that is the primary source of AH supply. For those who are still playing PT 19, the AH dropped in supply and quality while prices rose almost overnight post the 20 launch, making it extremely difficult to improve teams still active in 19.

The sum of this situation is that I need to constantly remind myself that while fun, purchasing packs is bad, while simultaneously encouraging every other owner to inefficiently spend as much money as possible to rip as many packs as possible to make it as efficient as possible for me to upgrade my team in the AH.

As I tell my kids, don’t do as I do, do as I say...
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah unless you have a bunch of money to blow purchasing PP to open packs for the thrill of an occasional hit, manage those earned PP on upgrading your team needs. imo

Anyway awesome achievement! Details....Who were the players? How many runs were scored in the inning? Any grand slams? How many back to back? ETC
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:01 PM   #3
Charlatan
All Star Starter

As someone who has an Auction House addiction.... thank you!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #4
neugey
All Star Reserve

I actually haven't bought a pack yet. My plan thus far is to buy one basic pack a month, probably on the 22nd of each month to celebrate the anniversary of the PT20 launch day. The rest of my PP is being saved or spent on the AH.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #5
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Congrats on that achievement. Those big ones are few and far between.

I open packs one week and then the next week or 2 or 3 I use the AH for an upgrade. Then buy packs for a week again.

Last edited by Kushiel; 04-04-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 02:13 PM   #6
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

It's only 400PP but I love that they have achievement for throwing a Maddux. Complete Game in under 100 pitches.
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #7
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
It's only 400PP but I love that they have achievement for throwing a Maddux. Complete Game in under 100 pitches.
It has to be a shutout as well.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #8
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
Yeah unless you have a bunch of money to blow purchasing PP to open packs for the thrill of an occasional hit, manage those earned PP on upgrading your team needs. imo

Anyway awesome achievement! Details....Who were the players? How many runs were scored in the inning? Any grand slams? How many back to back? ETC
Went back to see the details of that game, only to find another game against the same team where I earned 6,000 PP for scoring 27 runs, including one run every inning.

So how is this happening? Turns out the team has only six active players on their active roster- they've either made them all inactive, or sold the rest of them off.

I thought there were protections within the game software that prevented this from happening, but apparently not. I don't know when the team was gutted, but they are 35-82 in Iron, and I suspect teams have been feasting on them all year and generating significant levels of PP.

Doesn't make sense to tank when in Iron, so I'm not sure what's going on, but reported the team to the administrators.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:48 PM   #9
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
Logged into my iron team last night, saw I had a 10,000 PP game thanks to a 9,000 pt achievement for hitting 5 HR in ONE inning. Have to imagine that is one of the rarer achievements out there, having not seen that one before.

Since we are still in the early stages of PT 20, spent the points and bought 11 packs. Out of 66 players pulled, got 1 low live Diamond, 0 Gold, 4 silver and a bunch of Bronze and Iron.

This is one of those things about PT- ripping packs is fun, but as a strategy, it is not very effective and generally a terrible return on your investment.

However, the game depends on people spending PP and opening packs, since that is the primary source of AH supply. For those who are still playing PT 19, the AH dropped in supply and quality while prices rose almost overnight post the 20 launch, making it extremely difficult to improve teams still active in 19.

The sum of this situation is that I need to constantly remind myself that while fun, purchasing packs is bad, while simultaneously encouraging every other owner to inefficiently spend as much money as possible to rip as many packs as possible to make it as efficient as possible for me to upgrade my team in the AH.

As I tell my kids, don’t do as I do, do as I say...

You hit the nail on the head. I wish more people would bust packs because I am having trouble finding the guys I want on the auction house.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #10
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
You hit the nail on the head. I wish more people would bust packs because I am having trouble finding the guys I want on the auction house.
Free to Play for the win, right?
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:22 PM   #11
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Buying packs is not financially sound - BUT - once you get into the higher levels and simply don't make the PPs you use to make, buying packs is the only way your going to land that perfect card..... at least until we see what the tournaments bring

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:25 PM   #12
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Buying packs is not financially sound - BUT - once you get into the higher levels and simply don't make the PPs you use to make, buying packs is the only way your going to land that perfect card..... at least until we see what the tournaments bring

Yup, that or dropping insane amounts of money.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:02 AM   #13
sharknut
All Star Reserve

I had Joe Gordon knock in 10 runs with 3 HR's and a double for a total of 5660 points in one game. Bought a 5000 player straight off, want to get out of bronze, 84-54 on the year so far.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #14
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Got 3,000 points for a run in every inning. It's a lot but you'd think it would be worth more for how rare that is. I can't remember ever having seen that in dozens of seasons of single player, or seeing it happen in real life.
Caedus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:14 PM   #15
daves
Hall Of Famer

2,500 for 4 strikeouts in an inning. LOL, definitely hard to get 4 outs in an inning.
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:27 AM   #16
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

Khris Davis got 5,000 PP for a 7 game HR streak for me, then followed it up with 1,000 for a 10 game RBI streak - both across the same set of games.

AFBL New Jersey Athletics
FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only
ABL (old SBC) Commish only

mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:02 AM   #17
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post

Not necessarily true if you have the money to leverage packs...

What I mean is, you buy 100 packs... Odds are decent that you'll get 1 to 2 cards that can bring you in more than 100k PP.

1. Sell them on the Auction House
2. Use the points to buy more packs
3. Identify the cards that will allow you to repeat this

Rinse and repeat...

The hard part of this strategy is resisting the temptation to keep the best cards you pull. But eventually you can make enough to skim some of the points or keep some of the cards... Provided you don't hit a really unlucky streak of no good pulls.

Over the long haul of PT 19 with one of my teams, I bought 425 packs with purchased PP. From the cards in those packs that I sold, by cycling this way, I opened and sold an additional 873 packs. I also spent 264,000 PP on the Auction House from those cards instead of buying another 264 packs I could have bought. And that doesn't even count that I kept a Lajoie card worth over 100k.

So I turned 425,000 PP into a value of over 1.2 million PP.

Mainly by opening packs.

To be fair, with another team, I only broke even with that strategy.... Mainly because I was keeping more of the cards, trying for a full set.

Last edited by 2002halos; 04-07-2019 at 08:08 AM.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:09 AM   #18
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
Khris Davis got 5,000 PP for a 7 game HR streak for me, then followed it up with 1,000 for a 10 game RBI streak - both across the same set of games.
That's crazy - I had to bench him because he forgot how to hit in Silver league!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #19
Warhawk
Major Leagues

3,000 for a 41 save streak, before blowing a save in the playoffs.

And we actually ended up winning the blown save that ended it anyway, with 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:47 PM   #20
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
That's crazy - I had to bench him because he forgot how to hit in Silver league!

Dude hit .197 for me in Bronze and .257 for me in Silver, no idea how.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote