Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #141
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Disagree. One shouldn't have to be part of a "beta team" to get access to information for a game that is on a yearly release cycle. That is ridiculous. OOTP has this "no future info" policy.It doesn't belong in modern game development. Its how things were done in the "old days". OOTP must adapt. The devs not the game as that has adapted with Perfect Team.
What are you talking about? Markus just said yesterday we would get pre-release information in February. Just because you want it sooner doesn't mean that makes it wrong. And if you read my post, I said if you want more information. If you don't want to join beta, then please be patient for a few more weeks.

Quote:
The yearly release cycle has lost a lot of its luster. We know there will be a 21. And its an automatic buy for the overwhelming majority. But there is no build up. The yearly release cycle has become mundane. Its the norm. Just like Madden and COD. And there is no info, no teasers no anything to grab anyone's attention. Its just a conclusion that everyone will be interested in it cause its OOTP 21.
That's you're opinion. I can see the point. The old "Road to Release" series was always a lot of fun. But others will disagree. That's how opinions work.

Quote:
But at least those AAA games aforementioned, get information released about them basically a week after the current title hits the shelves. And they are covered by various media outlets and even celebrities to release teasers and trailers and info etc.

And if you don't follow CoD and its developers they are highly active on Twitter and Reddit. And address players concerns all of the time. It's just on such a grand scale its almost impossible for anyone to feel good about the interaction. They have to make changes for 20+ million players on 2 consoles and PC with cross play. Impossible to satisfy the crowd.
I don't know what "AAA games" means. But these two paragraphs support exactly why comparing OOTP to CoD or Madden doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
Yes OOTP devs interact on this forum. But I would not describe it as "very active". And again there isn't any mention of anything in the future. It doesn't sit well with me personally. Because every other PC/console game I follow from indy to AAA has a constant stream of future info flowing if it doesn't then it won't survive.
What would you consider "very active?"

Quote:
Maybe sim fans are different. Maybe the majority of OOTP fans don't cross other video game genres. But when you follow lots of genres of video games you can actually see OOTP devs lack of communication especially concerning anything in the future. Most Indy games are developed completely different then they were years ago. Its all about flowing info between player and devs during the life cycle.
Again, just because they don't release information in the manner you'd like doesn't mean there isn't access to it. I told you how you can get involved and not only get information, but help shape the future of the game.

Quote:
Nothing I said makes OOTP a bad game. We all know it isn't. Nothing I said makes OOTP Devs bad. We all know they are Aces.

But I do think they have a weakness in communication of current games as well as future product information. I don't think that is a harsh criticism at all.

Most of us that are on OOTP forums are dinosaurs. Millennials think about games different. They are who will carry future generations of OOTP. And they are use to different marketing and communication from game devs.
Again, another opinion. No sense in arguing over opinions. But I will say this, if these "millennials" you speak of want different communication, it certainly isn't hampering the growth of the game. And growth is ultimately what matters to the developers. Markus has said so himself on these very boards.

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 01-24-2020 at 11:05 AM.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:47 PM   #142
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I'm a "millennial" although I kind of loathe the term these days. But I think OOTPD is doing a great job in all respects.

(BTW us millennials are actually getting kind of old these days. Anyone mid-20s and under is probably Gen-Z)
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 04:49 AM   #143
Zitofan75
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I'm a "millennial" although I kind of loathe the term these days. But I think OOTPD is doing a great job in all respects.

(BTW us millennials are actually getting kind of old these days. Anyone mid-20s and under is probably Gen-Z)
As a member of Generation X (that long suffering generation dedicated to cleaning up after the Baby Boomers) I can concur; there are Millennials who are in their late 30s. Time to stop holding them up as representatives of “youth”.

In any event, the only constant is change. If any game wants to survive it must continue to adapt and grow.

Last edited by Zitofan75; 01-25-2020 at 05:09 AM.
Zitofan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:32 PM   #144
BMagic90
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I’m still having this problem.. I commish an online fictional league, and I didn’t create the league until after the patch. OSA is 100 percent accurate still for me.
BMagic90 is offline   Reply With Quote