Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:12 AM   #81
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Enjoying the tournaments very much.

Just one small request: Can there be a 'date started' added to the 'your tournaments' page. It is confusing trying to figure out which was the tournament you just got eliminated from.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #82
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnerdoubleday View Post
Enjoying the tournaments very much.

Just one small request: Can there be a 'date started' added to the 'your tournaments' page. It is confusing trying to figure out which was the tournament you just got eliminated from.
I have to write down which tournaments I'm in so I know quickly which ones to go back to to check up on after they're complete.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:33 AM   #83
bailey
Hall Of Famer

All tournaments should have a definite starting time and proceed at that time even if not filled. First round byes are issued (not randomly), but to the first persons that entered. Awards are not reduced in less than full tournaments. If tournaments had a definite start time there would be a flood of entries at the last minute, just like last minute sniping in the AH. If only 1 person enters a tournament and it starts, they automatically win it!

I would also like to see head-to-head best of 7 even if no reward is offered.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #84
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Generally you guys did a fantastic job. If I had one piece of feedback, I'd like to see some tourneys set in the actual historical settings of year 2019. It's always been kind of odd to me how PT completely ignores recent trends in baseball (home run spike/juiced balls) by setting the historical year to 2010. Tournaments seem like a logical place to allow some more extreme environments, like the opposite of the deadball era tourneys.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #85
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Idea: Draft Tournaments

8 man tournaments
round robin 22 games with each opponent, so mini season 154 games, or less if some prefer.

250 different cards are randomly selected by the computer (diversified enough to make 8 complete teams) and in the beginning players take turns drafting 1 by 1, 30 seconds per pick, otherwise computer picks for you. If no pick 3 rounds in a row, computer autodrafts for that team thereafter, or if player selects the provided autodraft button . That will still take up almost 2 hours if everyone insists on picking every player, so maybe this isn't such a good idea, but some may like it, if playing with friends. Tournament has a definite starting time and does NOT start immediately when filled. (Obviously, everyone has to be available to draft at the same time).

OPTIONAL:

After season is completed, players can discard 5 cards and draft 5 new ones from 50 computer selected "free agents" and play season 2 and on and on it goes.
Replacement human players can be sought to keep the league going if someone drops out.

Rewards -- probably not even necessary, but a few packs to the winner and runner up.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #86
micpringle
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
How about having the cap tournaments not be exclusive to Live cards? Why is that important?
I've been wondering the same thing.

micpringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:36 PM   #87
getalife1798
Minors (Single A)

Wouldn't the planned mobile app for OOTP 2021 fix issues of ppl joining tournaments? I know I can only join 3-5 tournaments at night (depending on how fast they get eliminated LOL). I would be joining more and more if I had that app.

Also, agreed..single elimination is just brutal to play. I am enjoying best of 5 series the best.

I know I said it and others have too...being able to sort "eliminated" tournaments by date entered somewhere on my screen would be a huge help.

OOTP21

OOTP20

Last edited by getalife1798; 11-14-2019 at 12:40 PM.
getalife1798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:39 PM   #88
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by getalife1798 View Post

I know I said it and others have too...being able to sort "eliminated" tournaments by date entered somewhere on my screen would be a huge help.
There is under "your tournaments" tab, a way to sort by Creation desc., also click status "finished" and your tournaments are sorted last one done on top.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:45 PM   #89
getalife1798
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
There is under "your tournaments" tab, a way to sort by Creation desc., also click status "finished" and your tournaments are sorted last one done on top.
I will have to check that out tonight..thanks!

OOTP21

OOTP20

Old 11-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #90
Capn12
Bat Boy

It may have already been mentioned, but I'd LOVE Theme based tourneys, where every player on the roster is from the same team, etc.

It might be hard to do a proper check on that, I don't know, code wise, but it would be fun for an 8 or 12 team tourney.
Capn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #91
getalife1798
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn12 View Post
It may have already been mentioned, but I'd LOVE Theme based tourneys, where every player on the roster is from the same team, etc.

It might be hard to do a proper check on that, I don't know, code wise, but it would be fun for an 8 or 12 team tourney.
My Florida/Miami Marlins is ready to get their butt kicked.

OOTP21

OOTP20

Old 11-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #92
Mike Burks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn12 View Post

They would have to put a cap on it, the Yankees and the Red Sox have so many 100, it would only be fair with like a 1800 cap, or a 1750 cap.
Mike Burks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:23 AM   #93
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Save the 128 team monsters for the Perfect teams, there's really not much reason for them down in the lower tiers. Seems like they only fill up in Prime Time (if at all), so you might want to keep the 64+ off rare in early week days.

Your display issues really screw up the trees for anything over 32 teams, anyway. I'd suggest qualifier tourneys (32 teams x 4) feeding 32 (or 16 or 4) qualifier teams into an invitational Finale. Separate prize pools for each (Qualifier or Finale).

If you get the coding worked out for that, you're ultimately unlimited in tournament size. Just keep tiering it out to infinity, which suggests the yummy possibility of a once-annual Grand Prix Unlimited Invitational. 32768 teams? Doubt you need that many.

Personally, I hate the big tournaments, but I understand you need them for egoboo.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:55 AM   #94
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
8 man tournaments
round robin 22 games with each opponent, so mini season 154 games, or less if some prefer.

250 different cards are randomly selected by the computer (diversified enough to make 8 complete teams) and in the beginning players take turns drafting 1 by 1, 30 seconds per pick, otherwise computer picks for you. If no pick 3 rounds in a row, computer autodrafts for that team thereafter, or if player selects the provided autodraft button . That will still take up almost 2 hours if everyone insists on picking every player, so maybe this isn't such a good idea, but some may like it, if playing with friends. Tournament has a definite starting time and does NOT start immediately when filled. (Obviously, everyone has to be available to draft at the same time).

OPTIONAL:

After season is completed, players can discard 5 cards and draft 5 new ones from 50 computer selected "free agents" and play season 2 and on and on it goes.
Replacement human players can be sought to keep the league going if someone drops out.

Rewards -- probably not even necessary, but a few packs to the winner and runner up.
With this suggestion as a building block for my idea of a tournament...

40 or 80 teams.
10 team pools where each team plays the other once.
You end up with 4 or 8 teams winning their pool of 10.
They play out a bracket... Best of 9 each round in a traditional 4 or 8 team bracket?

& a 2125 Card Value Cap...I pick this value because the range is 40 to 100, 70 is average in a sense & 85 is halfway between average & perfect. (85 x 25=2125)

OR

Reverse round robin where the brackets play out to the pool, and the pool serves as the finals. 2 best-of-9 victories would get you to the pool of 10, and then it's kind of more OK if there are meaningless RR games because you still have a direct say in who finishes with the overall best record.

I suppose 4 kind of works for RR because you aren't playing more than 1 meaningless game.

But since bailey threw that out there...I threw this out here.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 11-15-2019 at 04:58 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #95
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
Save the 128 team monsters for the Perfect teams, there's really not much reason for them down in the lower tiers. Seems like they only fill up in Prime Time (if at all), so you might want to keep the 64+ off rare in early week days.

Your display issues really screw up the trees for anything over 32 teams, anyway. I'd suggest qualifier tourneys (32 teams x 4) feeding 32 (or 16 or 4) qualifier teams into an invitational Finale. Separate prize pools for each (Qualifier or Finale).

If you get the coding worked out for that, you're ultimately unlimited in tournament size. Just keep tiering it out to infinity, which suggests the yummy possibility of a once-annual Grand Prix Unlimited Invitational. 32768 teams? Doubt you need that many.

Personally, I hate the big tournaments, but I understand you need them for egoboo.

heh... we were tossing that around in the discord a bit yesterday.... if it can be worked out, there should be a year-end-every-PT-team tourney the last weekend before the release of the next version... no signup required, just every team that exists gets pulled into the tourney with their current 25 man roster....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #96
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post

The 128 team bronzes fill up regularly and are good fun.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #97
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Burks View Post
They would have to put a cap on it, the Yankees and the Red Sox have so many 100, it would only be fair with like a 1800 cap, or a 1750 cap.
1750 can easily fit over 8 or 9 perfects and historical high diamonds if you punt on the rest of the roster

nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:45 AM   #98
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

There should be a Quick16 Bo5 event for bronze and gold like there is with silver. Best event, although the prize might be a little high vs other events. I would prefer the prize become packs to reduce the EV vs Dailies. I feel like all rewards should be packs or cards instead of PP.

DoD events and other super fast, low payout events are awful. Not fun to flip coins and you don't even care if you win or not with such low prizes.

There should be some events that are always going on - Quick, Daily and Weekly events for the 5 or so most popular formats plus a weekly rotation of secondary events. That way it's not too overwhelming and scattered.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #99
Morgans Magic
Minors (Single A)

Low Stakes Tables Overrun With High Rollers

Impressions:

If you run the max 3 teams, then you can have 9 tourneys. I am FTP and recently have run into the Perfect League brick wall (i.e. I can go up to perfect and get my skull beat in by guys who bought/built great/bulletproof teams, or have an enjoyable exp in Diamond leagues). So tourneys came at perfect time (lol).

Alas, I can't find 9 lower league games many times. I just play bronze and silver, since anything else seems stuffed with guys with phat pockets which makes it seem a lil pointless. I had hoped Small Cap might be cool, but alas, I see guys buying prized 40-60 cards for large multiples in AH, and it looks like that's being gamed as well. I just don't have the PP points to bolster teams in that many leagues.

Hey, people want to spend money or maybe they've been playing forever and are sitting on a pot of PPs. IDK. But it's a little joy-sapping to have only a couple tiers to play in (WTF with all the open leagues for Whales, but they insist on using their rare cards to dominate Live, Bronze & Small Cap? Is there no place safe from guys with perfect Mantles etc?)

I like the idea, and I don't mind a bit of roulette playing. But it feels like Tourneys are another way for Whales/Collectors to deploy their extensive reserve rosters. Why aren't they playing open league games? I tried and found myself pitted against a bunch of teams I avoid in Perfect. It seemed like bronze/silver tourneys would be great. Lower level FTP who haven't had the game for 8 mos could compete. But it really looks more like another situation where FTP should have their own backyard so they don't get stomped on by guys with wherewithal to deploy lots of PP in the AH.

I hope they figure out a way to lure some of these well-heeled players away from the small stakes tables so those can be enjoyable. Because if I'm already avoiding Diamond, Gold, Perfect & Live, and you only run Silver/Bronze (non-live) so often and those are chockful of teams with every expensive/rare silver/bronze (Because they Can Afford It Easily), then it's hard to get to into making rosters to compete. They already cornered that small market and apparently feel it better to pound the lower competition than sit around waiting for their perfect league compadres to fill out an open league. I don't know the answer, but my enjoyment has slaked considerably now that I've looked at the teams playing/winning and felt kind ghettoized into a small territory that's already overrun.
Morgans Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:34 AM   #100
StatMan22
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgans Magic View Post
Alas, I can't find 9 lower league games many times. I just play bronze and silver, since anything else seems stuffed with guys with phat pockets which makes it seem a lil pointless. I had hoped Small Cap might be cool, but alas, I see guys buying prized 40-60 cards for large multiples in AH, and it looks like that's being gamed as well. I just don't have the PP points to bolster teams in that many leagues.
Yes-this is killing me too. I'm at work so I don't have examples in front of me, but I was poking around for some good 40-69 options in the Auction House and their prices have just skyrocketed. The same guys you could get for a couple hundred PP before tournaments (even after collections!) are going for a couple thousand now. Rewards for these tournaments are not nearly significant enough to justify that sort of increase. Card hoarding and market exploitation are really taking the air out of the game right now.

StatMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote