Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 04-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
raiderz4eva
Bat Boy

Fictional baseball league

Good evening gentlemen,

I plan on creating a fictional league. Most of you guys don’t know me as I am new on the OOTP forums but I created the AFL for madden 16. A fictional football roster. Not just any fictional roster though. We had a 200 plus page pdf explaining the players, teams, and etc. We also had a draft classes for madden 19 and had 200 page scouting reports for each draft class. OOTP has so much to offer and I believe I can create a fictional baseball roster that will allow those to truly get immersed into it.

What I do is keep all of the standard mlb teams and their affiliates and just replace those players with fictional ones. Staffs will be fictional and everything else. The orioles might just be the best team in the land. And have a different market. But everything will align with today’s league, rules, and infrastructure. OOTP gives players personalities and etc. but I want to give you their story. I want you to be truly immersed. The point of the detailed pdf is to create a connection. Your favorite team could be the yankees but as you read the pdf, the 25 year old ace of the padres who’s mom recently died of breast cancer creates a connection to you. And you are drawn to leading him and the padres to glory. A team with a terrible roster could be your connection, as you seek a rebuild. But the stories you read on certain players could have you attached making them harder to trade or let go in free agency despite their poor performance. That’s what I truly enjoy in fictional leagues. Some may not feel the same. But if there’s anyone like me, then this might be for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rjlj1t...ague_Final.pdf

Here is an example of the fictional league I created for madden. This is what I look to bring to OOTP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/igtilkdm28...port.pptx?dl=0

Here is an example of the draft class we worked on last year.

What I need from you guys is advice about a lot of things. Theirs so many factors I can go with this that I truly need input before finalizing things.

I want to have mlb, independents, ***, and Kbo. Is this enough for you guys to get immersed? Will it be too much for a quick start. I’ve read about the highschool and college feeders and they are awesome. But will it leave out those who don’t have the best computers. Can I add them after?

I want history. I love it. History only adds to the story. But I also would prefer you guys to have the first guys induced into the hall of fame. So their are definitely question. But how much is reasonable for the quick start. What can I do so that I have a a good amount history. But have a small quick start file? What do you guys consider a good amount of history. And when I sim to spring training of this season, will the financials add up. Will the league mirror today’s mlb. I’ve done some testing and it doesn’t. That’s what I need absolutely.

If anyone wants to help, or just advise me when I have questions or thoughts that would be so helpful. I second guess alot of things and this would help eliminate that.

Any tips/tricks when creating fictional leagues will help me in this.

What things would you like to see in the pdf?

Sorry for the rant but I’m ready to build this fictional league for the community !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raiderz4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

First of all, welcome to the OOTP community.

Secondly, you might want to post this in the general OOTP20 forum. The general mods forum here is pretty slow - most people who come to the mods forum, I imagine, don't scroll down past the sub-forums.

Finally, while I admire your ambition and applaud your enthusiasm, I'm not sure you'll get the same sort of reaction here as you did with Madden 16. I've never played Madden, but my guess is that it doesn't have a fictional league component right out of the box. If that's the case, then a detailed fictional set-up that you describe, complete with player histories, would be a welcome addition for people who are tired of playing with the same real-life players and want a new challenge.

But fictional has always been a part of OOTP. I have never seen anyone offer this kind of set-up for the community. That's because everyone can do that for themselves already. And plenty of people have done just that. They've created some incredibly detailed fictional universes - just take a look at the dynasties forum and you'll see.

So while I'm glad to see you bringing this level of enthusiasm to OOTP, be aware that you may not get the same kind of reception here as you did over at Madden 16. That's because for the OOTP community, fictional is a well-established aspect of the game.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote