Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 09-16-2018, 10:52 PM   #1
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer

What has happened to the Mods?

Is it Steam, is it just the way the game has evolved, WTF? Used to be there was this amazing, robust mod community for OOTP. We now have this really amazing game and there is jack out there for mods on it. I was searching for a Negro League database, maybe a PCL quickstart, something to make the Negro Leagues the game amazingly currenltly has as a minor league into its own independent major league and...nothing. We used to have a very robust mod central, but now we have a very lightly populated workshop on Steam. Has the game lost momentum? It's just very disappointing how little is out there compared to where we were 5-6 years ago.
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
KurtBevacqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:20 AM   #2
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Not sure where you've been, but the mods are as strong as they ever were. There's just nothing on the Steam Workshop.

But then, I thought that the Steam version of 19 had support for "Add-Ons Central" now?
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

A lot of the mod guys probably don't even use Steam. I mean, I don't, just because OOTP and FHM are pretty much the only games I play anyhow, so there's really not much of a point.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #4
Dfost35
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBevacqua View Post
Is it Steam, is it just the way the game has evolved, WTF? Used to be there was this amazing, robust mod community for OOTP. We now have this really amazing game and there is jack out there for mods on it. I was searching for a Negro League database, maybe a PCL quickstart, something to make the Negro Leagues the game amazingly currenltly has as a minor league into its own independent major league and...nothing. We used to have a very robust mod central, but now we have a very lightly populated workshop on Steam. Has the game lost momentum? It's just very disappointing how little is out there compared to where we were 5-6 years ago.
Im going to have to agree with you. I started playing in 2017 and have over 2000 hours between these last three versions. In 18 and now 19 I have noticed less of the community helping with requests and almost non existent mods being posted. It's a shame I jumped into the series as late as I did
Dfost35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:22 PM   #5
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

I think what he is touching on is within the last 2-3 years, we have witnessed a downturn in mods. I mean sure, the uniforms, logos, artwork has seen an upswing with the editors released by justafan and eriqjaffe.

What KB is referring to is we no longer have somebody doing facegen requests anymore. It seems the fg group is no longer around or have disappeared. It has always been good to have people who do those but I get it.

I lurked for a couple of years before I signed up, so being around for ten years, I can see what he is referring to.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:09 PM   #6
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
I don't know if you've seen it or not but I've been grinding on these mods for over 7 months now with countless hours consumed. Maybe it's not your cup of tea but I'll post it anyway: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=285409
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:33 AM   #7
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

I have been trying to post a response here and every time I go to post it I get logged off the system. I will keep this short. I have been doing facegen request for about 5 months now and have done about 75 plus another 500 I added to my own collection.

James
Old 10-03-2018, 01:29 AM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBevacqua View Post
I was searching for a Negro League database, maybe a PCL quickstart, something to make the Negro Leagues the game amazingly currenltly has as a minor league into its own independent major league
Do this from the league setup screen you can.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #9
pap1723
Bat Boy

What am I missing? I am trying to add all of the All In One stuff that I had on previous versions of the game, but I cannot find them to download for OOTP19 and the ootpmods.com site is downloading corrupted files that cannot be opened.
pap1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:13 AM   #10
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

If anyone has mods and wants to make them available to the public, send me a private message and we can start a new collection over at AllSimBaseball.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:43 PM   #11
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
I think what he is touching on is within the last 2-3 years, we have witnessed a downturn in mods. I mean sure, the uniforms, logos, artwork has seen an upswing with the editors released by justafan and eriqjaffe.

What KB is referring to is we no longer have somebody doing facegen requests anymore. It seems the fg group is no longer around or have disappeared. It has always been good to have people who do those but I get it.

I lurked for a couple of years before I signed up, so being around for ten years, I can see what he is referring to.
If the mods central exists anymore (it used to be AWESOME) it is certainly not clear to all users.
STEAM which is where i bought mine and FHM. do noto have mod central.

And while this site is great and useful it is not geared to finding grouping storing downloading instructions for mods.

It is such a shame because the creativity we all have should be shared and enjoyed!
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:50 PM   #12
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

I feel the same way. Used to be plug and play but I got out of OOTP and now wanted to fire it up and can't find jack ----. Can someone point me to anything close to the old all in one?
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:02 PM   #13
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
If the mods central exists anymore (it used to be AWESOME) it is certainly not clear to all users.
STEAM which is where i bought mine and FHM. do noto have mod central.

And while this site is great and useful it is not geared to finding grouping storing downloading instructions for mods.

It is such a shame because the creativity we all have should be shared and enjoyed!
For the Steam version, you’ll find mods in what is called Workshop Central.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #14
burning_phoneix
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
For the Steam version, you’ll find mods in what is called Workshop Central.
Workshop Central or Steam Workshop?
burning_phoneix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:17 PM   #15
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Workshop Central is what it's called on the OOTP Start Screen. But it's the Steam Workshop, regardless.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #16
Chomps
Major Leagues

What is the Server URL for Add Ons Central? Are any mods even posted there? Will an All-In-One-Mod be available this Spring?
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:15 AM   #17
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a pack out there for foreign/independent team logos? Just need the logos, don't care about uniforms or other stuff.
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #18
polydamas
All Star Reserve

I noticed that OOTPmods is gone, but I was curious if the server was still up for Add-Ons Central. So, I used waybackmachine and found a screenshot of the webpage. Then, I followed the directions and it turns out you can still access the server in Add-ons Central. Go to "Add-Server" and put in:

http://ootpmods.com/mods/ootpmods18.xml

All mods should be compatible. Edit: I should warn, there isn't a huge up to date selection.

Last edited by polydamas; 04-07-2019 at 04:29 PM.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote