Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 10-30-2015, 03:25 PM   #61
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Afternoon! I have just make a rather significant update to the Park Generator. New features include:
  1. Player and ball flight coordinates! You can customize player coordinates, and most importantly ParkGen will now automatically calculate ball flight coordinates for you. Unfortunately, you'll still have to enter them into the game by hand, but it's a step in the right direction.

2. I have updated the XML files generated when you download a park so they're a heck of a lot more readable. Again, it doesn't really do anything yet, but at the very least you can refer to it when you're entering all of the coordinates.

3. I have integrated the graphics handling capabilities of CapMaker and JerseyMaker, so images you can now make some basic edits to images upload to the field. I've also added a "remove border" function which will attempt to intelligently remove the background color from whatever image you've uploaded. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

4. Uploaded images are now constrained to the walls of the field, and I've added a few size and location presets.

5. I've also made some changes in the night-time image that gets generated, adding some lighting effects that I think are kind of nice looking.

Have fun!

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 10-31-2015 at 06:56 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #62
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Awesome!
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:41 AM   #63
dare03
Bat Boy

last 2 days i am getting an error message every single timewhen i try to download the park. anyone else experience same problem?
dare03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #64
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'm seeing it too. GoDaddy seems to have removed the PHP Imagick extension for some reason, which the packaging script used. Of course, this effects some of the stuff I do with CapMaker and JerseyMaker as well.

I've revered back to the previous method of generating the park images and it seems to be working now. Doesn't really fix things, but at least it keeps the download from crashing.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 11-12-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #65
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Was goofing around to see if I could create Baker Bowl. What changes should i make?

Eriq any way to add some type of Tiger or Eye of the Tiger to the field and how would i go about doing it?
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #66
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Was goofing around to see if I could create Baker Bowl. What changes should i make?

Eriq any way to add some type of Tiger or Eye of the Tiger to the field and how would i go about doing it?
You have a couple of options - you can just upload an image using the "Add Field Image" button - that just lays "on top" of the grass, like a painted logo with opacity that you set. Unfortunately, some of the image editing tools are broken thanks to the host (I'm trying to get that hashed out with them), but the basic upload functionality works fine.

If you want it to look like it's been mowed into the grass, you can do a custom mow pattern - there's a link to a template over on the right.

Each has their issues - the mow pattern is fixed in place (thus the need for a template) and the opacity is also fixed. Any adjustments need to be done in external image editing software. On the bright side, the mow pattern lives in a layer underneath the dirt portions of the field. An uploaded image can be moved around and tweaked in the app, but it sits on top of everything else.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 11-13-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #67
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Just a quick note that everything should be functioning as intended again.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #68
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

When I download the park, it only shows the upper left of the park.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #69
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

I'm not able to replicate that - which image(s) is that happening with?
Old 11-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #70
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

All three of them. I use a Mac, so not sure if that has to do with it.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:44 AM   #71
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
All three of them. I use a Mac, so not sure if that has to do with it.
It might, since I don't have a Mac to test the site out with. If you're using Safari, you might want to try Chrome of Firefox instead since I have been at least able to try those browsers in Windows.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #72
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I tried Chrome. Doing the same thing. It hadn't done this before.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #73
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Probably a dumb question but how do you use the diagram park picture in the game? Whenever I manage a game myself the picture that pops up is either the day or night pic. Sometimes I just want the diagram and not the actual pic of a field.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:25 PM   #74
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Amarillo Thunderhead Stadium

I created this simple park for Amarillo. They are one of my teams in my fictional league. All the numbers have been inputted and I put their logos in the outfield and along the foul lines in front of the dugouts. Simple but elegant. My questions are that when I have this in the game and input the numbers manually, do I need to input Lats/Long settings?

Also, I want to use just the diagram pic in game and not the day/night pics but when playing a game manually the game auto pics either the day or night depending on the time but never the diagram by itself. How do i change that?

I'm not crazy about the night background on the pics.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #75
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Ballpark diagrams look different

Last post on this, I promise. need to wait for replies. I tried to get the diagram to show up in my game by selecting the same diagram file for day/night/and diagram in the ballpark editor. The diagram pic is what I created but the day/night pics are skewed even though it's the same file. I tested this with other, real, parks like citi.png with the same result. There has to be something I'm missing. I just want to use the diagrams and not the ballpark pictures.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-26-2015, 02:14 AM   #76
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Ok, I got it figured out after a couple of hours of searching through endless threads. It looks like having the full screen enabled (which is the default) keeps you from using webcast. So, happy I figured that out. But, after using it and playing a game I went back to my normal screens and a lot of Facegen pics were missing. Various screens had different results. The League home screen and team home screens were the big culprits where up to half the pics were missing. They were on the individuals page though. Weird. Had to do a forced facegen update to get them all showing again.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #77
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

When I download the park after creating it, the pictures look like this...

Name:  Buckingham_Lane_Grounds_webcast.png
Views: 1351
Size:  213.3 KB
Old 11-26-2015, 11:29 AM   #78
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

crawdad: If you want to use the webcast image in "broadcast" mode, it'll work best if you just load it up into an image editor and increase the "canvas" size to 800x600. That will still give you the transparent background but will leave the ballpark unstretched. Or you can paste the webcast image onto an 800x600 background image of your choosing.

klew: I remember you mentioning that before, but I've never been able to make that same thing happen. You said you're using Chrome, right? Have you tried Firefox to see if the problem is browser-specific?
Old 11-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #79
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I tried it on Chrome and Safari. I will install Firefox and it try it there. I have used the ballpark generator before and it has worked just fine.

Just tried it on Firefox and I'm getting the same issue.

Last edited by Klew1986; 11-26-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #80
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Good morning! I'm excited to announce a new feature that I've added to the Park Generator:

You can now load saved parks back into the Park Generator!

The .zip file that you get will now contain a file with a ".bpk" extension - just save that off somewhere and you can reload it into Park Generator!

The caveat is that this doesn't work if you have uploaded a custom mow pattern or a field image - the script that generates the .zip file throws an error due to server limitations (it works in my local development environment and as far as I can tell I have the server configured properly but the errors are persisting). I'm trying to figure that out, so for now I have added an extra download button that will bypass generation of the .bpk file. If one fails, the other should work.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 12-04-2015 at 01:47 PM.