Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Baseball Universes

Well we had the thread in the main forum, but lets hear about all the fictional ones everyone has 1938 so far in my. Start in 1871 with 8 teams in 1 league and am up to 16 team main league and 15 other leagues. Will eventually be at 27 total leagues. I like to sim to the present day and watch the world unfold, then take over a team in my league and play from there. Will gladly share the progress of the world if anyone is interested. So lets hear from everyone. Trevor L.
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:31 AM   #2
Izz
Hall Of Famer

League report link in my sig.

Started in 2019, am currently working through the 2065 season. 2 major leagues in Australasia, an independent league in North America and another in Central/South America. I leave some league evolution options on in each league.

It's amazing how the game so often throws in things that fit in with my future plans. For example, I've created a rivalry between the 2 major leagues, in so much as they take every opportunity to snipe at each other, and have occasionally tried to sabotage each other. Plus the second major league was founded by a group of people who had axes to grind with the original league and its Commissioner.

Anyhoo, I have definite plans for definite things to take place over the next few seasons but have been wondering what could be the catalyst to get the party started.

And then the ABC (the second major league) decides this offseason to increase free agency eligibility to 7 years. Which is pretty much exactly the match I need to light this fuse

Fun times.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:33 AM   #3
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I have 4 fictional leagues running:

European Baseball League
2 subleagues with 8 teams/3 divisions each - we have 2 teams each from 24 European countries

Central Baseball League
2 subleagues with 6 teams/3 divisions each - we have 6 teams each from Germany, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria and England

The league plays a 200-game schedule with best-of-nine play-offs

World Baseball League
2 subleagues with 8 teams/4 divisions each - the World Association has teams from all over the world (from Auckland, NZL to Honolulu), the European Association obviously has teams from Europe.

Just getting started:
Fictional Major League Baseball
The MLB set-up, but since I like to have divisions with an equal number of teams I moved the Brewers back to the AL and Houston back to the NL and added the Brooklyn Dodgers, Montreal Expos and Milwaukee Braves to the NL and the St. Louis Browns, Philadelphia A's and Washington Senators to the AL

That adds inter-league rivalries in Philadelphia, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Washington.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Last edited by Germaniac; 04-22-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:31 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Here's my fictional MLB setup. Like Germaniac, I moved Houston back to the NL and the Brewers back to the AL where they both belong. Added my expansion teams to get to 36 teams.

No inter league play

No DH

26 man roster - 11 Pitchers, 14 Hitters, AI decides what it wants for the 26th spot. I like the way this works, because I've noticed AI teams carrying anywhere from 6-8 relievers. Plus it seems to match the managers style as well - Mgr's with quick hook tend to carry more MR's.

18 games against div opponents, 6 against the other 12 teams in league.

Only 1 wildcard team per league. Best of 5, best of 7, best of 7.

All fictional players, started 2001 using 1985 stat settings.

I play in Fan mode - don't run a team, just the league. Been a lot of fun so far. I play 1 day at a time and usually watch (play out) 1 game every day. Just pick random teams so I slowly get to know the players.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:13 PM   #5
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Tornado Alley Baseball League

-16 teams, one from each of 16 states in tornado alley of the US. DH in both leagues, no interleague play. The minors have no playoffs or awards. 140 game schedule, 1985 stat settings.

-Each of the states also house the big league club's three minor league teams.

-30 team NCAA feeder where all of the teams are from tornado alley states

-16 team league of Baseball Academies for high school level players. One from each big league state

-I also have a WBC style Battle of the States where each state in the TABL fields a team made of players from that state only for a tourney every five seasons. Players can not decline an invitation to play.

I do not run a team, only oversee the league and I have all ratings turned off. If time were to free up in the future I would like to turn this into an online league. For now I'll just play it solo.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:47 PM   #6
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Westeros baseball league (League of Thrones)... made logos from the house crests from the game of thrones wiki... custom uniforms thanks to bobble... name file created from the first/last names listed on the wiki...

took the first job offered... playing GM role only so let my manager handle lineups/game moves/etc... I just watch all of my team's games... in year 4 of the league... made it to the championship in the second year (but lost in 6); and made the playoffs in the third year, but lost in the first round.

using reserve rosters to start... once each team has around 35-40 players on their reserves, I'll add a AAA minor league for each team (have enough teams/logos/etc to fill out triple-A, double-A and single-A levels for each team).
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:44 PM   #7
stevem810
All Star Starter

Francais Baseball League

The FBL is composed of 3 divisions (all French speaking) that have four teams in Eastern Canada, France, and Martinique. The dialogue is generated from the point of view of a 16 year old Single A rookie (he is now 19 and in Double A) and takes place in 1960. His name is Julien Henri, born in Martinique.

The league evolves at a slow pace, without any set in-game sim period. When there is something to report, Julien makes a post. He has been hired by a newspaper to document his experience so that baseball fans can see the world of baseball through the eyes of a player.

The league date is currently 1963. Presumably, if interests warrants it, it will run to the end of Julien's career, whenever that might be.
Attached Images
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #8
Juggernt
Major Leagues

The Therduin Baseball League is based on the fictional setting in which I've written a published short story and am working on a novel.

It's basically MLB 1973--two leagues, 2 divisions each, 6 teams each. One DH league/one not. Stats adjusted to 1980, money to 1990. No historical changes to stats, but inflation worked in. Started with year 2001 for easy tracking of how long league has been going. Simmed 25 seasons before taking over a team. Started adjusting names database to reflect world-appropriate first and last names. Now working on fully integrating my own nations (right now, there are just two "international" countries.
Attached Images
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:46 AM   #9
tlowe77
Major Leagues

The Arcadian Baseball Association:

This is something I have been working on for over a year and have finally started. I will post the countries map, short history and the team uniform sets soon. I plan to do a dynasty report but mainly following the teams movements and only the top players or record breakers.

Arcadia is an island country in the northern part of the pacific ocean above the Hawaii Islands.

So far the first organised baseball league started in 1891 called the Newlandia Baseball League (Newlandia is a state in the North East region of Arcadia and home to the countries capital Georgetown.)

As of 1899 there are 6 leagues and 72 teams (12 teams each), at the start of 1899, 16 teams will win bids to join the Arcadian Baseball League (1st Division) which will have 5 leagues (North, South, West, East, Central) under it.

From there I will continue to add teams and new Divisions, my 1st goal is to get to 256 teams under my Promotion/Relegation system with an end goal of 512 (I'll see how I go making 512 uniform sets, the first 72 have been time consuming)

My set up has a 15 man roster with a 15 man reserve roster, I put the expanded rosters date for the first day of the season which gives teams 30 man rosters with no reserve roster. No in season trading either. You pick your 30 and stick with them for that season.

I will be including the following tournaments as well:
- Arcadian Association Cup (All teams, knockout preseason comp)
- Golden Cup (Div 1 to 4, played throughout the season)
- Silver Cup (Div 5 to 8, played throughout the season)
- Bronze Cup (Div 9 & 10, played throughout the season)
- State of Origin (Best players from all 16 states against each other, after end of seasons)

More to come....
tlowe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #10
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

I'd never thought of that method to essentially remove the Reserve Roster!
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #11
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

As reported on here in this sub-folder, the W.P. Kinsella League.
It started as a pretty vanilla creation- my first foray into the fictional side of things- and was based upon the set-up of MLB in 1965 (my birth year) but with totally fictional teams and players. Instead of the A.L. and N.L. the WPK has the Shoeless Joe League and the Moonlight Graham League. I GM/Manage the Denver Brewers in the MGL.

My thread about the Brewers here particularly focuses on a player named Ruben "Streak" Souffront, who was/is my first favorite player in the organization. Souffront is a speedy rightfielder with a bat that is developing towards excellence and sterling character. His path thus far has been a bit bumpy but in the current season (1967), the league's and his third, he has started to really blossom and hopefully will provide much to report on for many, many seasons to come.

A few twists I have added to the league: as also reported on in another thread here, I decided I wanted to build in the possibility of current WPK players having relatives (sons, grandsons, cousins, (maybe daughters, granddaughters too someday?,) etc.) who also play professionally in this universe. So I created a process by which relatives are identified and a set of templates for player creation. Many of these won't show up for a great many seasons and if I do it right most won't ever receive more than a cup of coffee at the big league level (if that). But the first created relative did join the WPK this season- the young cousin of a veteran starting pitcher. I think this process will do a great deal to help me get even more invested in these fictional characters and their stories and will be fun to watch unfold over time.
Also, every now and then I add a character from a W.P. Kinsella novel or short story. This is a much more random process and essentially just involves creating a fictional player with no manipulation of ratings on my part and renaming them after the Kinsella character. Probably later today I will be reporting on some recent news involving one of those characters.

I wasn't at all sure that I could become invested in a purely fictional league but now that I have started down that path I can't imagine ever stopping.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #12
tlowe77
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
I'd never thought of that method to essentially remove the Reserve Roster!
Doesn't work perfectly, sometimes teams still might have a couple if players on the reserve roster + the 30 but it's the best way I've found so far.

Just need to change the expand rosters date each season.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:02 PM   #13
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlowe77 View Post
Doesn't work perfectly, sometimes teams still might have a couple if players on the reserve roster + the 30 but it's the best way I've found so far.

Just need to change the expand rosters date each season.
Ah, makes sense...they aren't going to necessarily bring everyone "up", just like MLB teams don't bring up every single 40-man guy. Still, a useful alternative since the game does not allow us to create reserve rosters smaller than 15.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #14
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

My fictional Metro Leagues started with 12 teams in two divisions in 1910 and expanded to 16 teams in 1935. Currently playing out the 1965 season. Click on the link in my sig to learn more about the league and it's characteristics.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:03 AM   #15
tlowe77
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Ah, makes sense...they aren't going to necessarily bring everyone "up", just like MLB teams don't bring up every single 40-man guy. Still, a useful alternative since the game does not allow us to create reserve rosters smaller than 15.
They bring all 15 up straight away and have 30 players on their active rosters, just sometimes they sign a couple extra when they get lots of injuries and then move them to the reserve roster once the injured player comes back instead of cutting them.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:12 AM   #16
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

I play a fictional promo/relegation league with 6 tiers.

10 Teams each tier, 54 game schedule played on Fri-Sun
Top 3 go to a playoff, Pennant winner gets a Bye. The playoff winner in each tier is promoted at the end of the season with the worst team getting relegated.

It's fun way to play once you get the financials dialed in.
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote