Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
Advenas
Bat Boy

Roster changes by the owner

Hello everyone,

first of all, I am a total beginner at OOTP. This is my first of the series, and my first baseball game in general. I have little experience, as I watched something like ~20 games before (mainly Cubs and Rangers). So, sorry in advance if what I'm asking is obvious or dumb.

Here's my problem : I'm playing the Cubs (start at the current year), and Javier Baez got injured quite shortly, for a month or so. Addison Russel came in to take the SS position at the top of the line, and Logan Watkins in 2nd.

Now, Javier Baez is finally able to play, but I don't have the possibility to make any change to the roster, as I am in Manager mode. He's basically staying in the 40-man roster for a week now, and Logan Watkins doesn't seem to be at the level of Baez (1-Star Overall for the first, 4.5 for the second). Will the Owner make the change himself after some time, or am I kind of screwed for the rest of the season ? Any tip about that ?

Thank you in advance, I hope I made myself clear. I already love this game, even if I don't understand everything !

PS : I basically copied my question from the Steam discussion I just started, sorry if it's considered as a spam or something like this.
Advenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:32 PM   #2
monkeystyxx
Minors (Triple A)

It's the General Manager, not the owner, that makes these decisions, but the GM will make the call eventually yes. I can't imagine Theo keeping Logan Watkins around over Javier Baez for very long.

Are you sure he's eligible to come off the DL yet? I'd assume he must be, as you say he was injured for a month and he's on the 40 man roster (therefore must've been on the 15 day DL).

Another possibility is that he's been sent to AAA for a few rehab starts. Look on your AAA team's roster; is Baez there with a big red 'medical' cross next to his name? If so, that means he's making a few starts with the AAA team to get back into the swing of things, and he'll be back on the main roster in a week or so.
monkeystyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:37 PM   #3
Advenas
Bat Boy

Well, thanks sir, I didn't see that : he's marked as AAA. Didn't know this existed actually !

Problem solved
Advenas is offline   Reply With Quote