Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-31-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
Acuna Matata
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How to trade away Big Salaries?

Just starting my third season managing a team and i habe a player who i traded for who i got his first two seasons at less then £3m per but the remainder of his contract is 3 years at £20m per.
I did notice the weighting of his contract payments when he signed but i just thought id be able to ship him out before i felt the finacial pinch.
When i try to shop him around the only offers i get are equivant bad deals for similar money and contract length so im struggling for ideas as to how to solve this?
Any help on this would be grand as the majority of my team are talented youngsters so im not overbudget but when they come to free agency i’ll have no flexibility at all to sign them up.
Acuna Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:38 PM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

You will probably have to send a prospect or another low cost player with him to make it worth the other teams while. You may be able to trade him and retain some of his salary instead of moving all of the money.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:07 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

more budgets with free space early in offseason before FA begins. more possible partners = more likely chance of finding a sucker or at least the least retention/cost etc.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:34 PM   #4
Timofmars
Minors (Triple A)

You can select the cheapest one of those trade options. Then in the trade screen, increase the amount the salary that the other team retains for their player, and click "make it work" to find a suitable player they will accept in return for this.

Then add more retained % money and repeat it until you've either got them to 100% or you have reach the maximum of 5 players offered in the trade.

Another thing you can do that seems like a bug or exploit is that you can look for terrible players on the other team's roster that are 26 or older, especially the very old guys, and add them to the trade and have their salary retained. So you would pay no additional costs for these players, but the AI often looks at this as a favorable addition to the trade, and so would be willing to retain more of the salary of the original player.

This usually works with some 20/80 rated old players, especially relievers, who have no option years left or who have the right to refuse demotion.
Timofmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:09 AM   #5
Acuna Matata
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Many thanks for all your advice.
it appears all is not lost
Acuna Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

a big key is not shooting youself in the foot. trade before they become problematic as far as value. too old, too decrepit etc... a 36 year old in decline with 3 years @ 25M isn't going anywhere without a huge cost. even a 36 year old with good ratings will be a tough sell -- for good reason too.

of course, if i have more than a handful of 30+ players on my team it's an odd year. the 30's are generally bad much more often than good. avoid them.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote