Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #1
adion
All Star Starter

Voice & game sound voulme

It there a way inside the game to adjust the volumes of the voice and game sound separately. Sometimes the voice is way higher than the game sounds and sometime, especially in playoffs and world series, the game sound are way higher than the voice. If there is no way do adjust each now, is there any chance there will be a method in the future?
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

in game there are probably volum options? but... that won't effect dynamic volume of the sounds used.

i'd suggest looking into your 'system' options outside the game.. i can speak to win7 but not other OSes.

loudness equalization -- could be multiple ways to find this depending on what sound drivers are installed etc.. find it and check this box... *Note* turn down volume from normal levels after this.. you will likely get louder sounds, but less peak/valleys of noise... so quiet sounds will be raised, and loud sounds will be reduced.

some options:

win7: click/open start menu and type "sound" click "sound" from control panel.. this opens a new window.. if you cannot type (an option is disabled) find "Control Panel" and click "sound"

new window: click "Playback" tab if not selected. may have mutliple items listed.. one is the 'default' device. click to highlight that and then click 'properties' below. -> new window (my screen shot only shows one device because i hide inactive devices... you likely will see ~4 items hear.. look for "default device" as you see in my screenshot)

new window: click "enhancements" tab... find loudness equalization and check that box. things should be more even - movies, shows, video, games etc..

liek i said, it will be louder than before, so turn down volume and adjust up as needed after you do this so you don't blow out your speakers or sometihhng (not really, but it will likely be noticeably louder at same volume levels)

win10: similar but different.. you want to find a similarly named option in sounds.. my settings? control panel carry-over? no idea for sure, but you can find it in a gui by reading screen and trying the next obvious option.

potentially faster way:

if you have a "volume" icon near your clock, right click there and see what's available.. mine says "sound manager" because it's a realtek driver install and not a windows default etc. yours may just take you to Sound option window as above. i can use either method to check "loudness equalization" -- it's under the "soundn effects" tab etc.

*** if you listen to music or watch movies through a nice AV receiver, you probably want ot turn this off for that type of media... although at night when you want things to be a bit quieter due to peaks and valleys of volume, you may want it on even with that... your AV receiver likely has it's only equalization methods too.

this is a terrible setting to use with music of any kind.. unless just background noise of a game/app etc.. then no biggie. it ruins dynamic volume and anything that is important to.
Attached Images

Last edited by NoOne; 04-18-2018 at 12:12 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:12 PM   #3
adion
All Star Starter

I have realtek also but I am using Windows 10. I will look at this and see any of it works.

I do notice that the sound .ogg files are louder than at other times, e.g. during the World Series. I actually increased the volume on all the .ogg files and during a regular season game it works fine, i.e. the background is louder but not to load that you can't hear the voice. However, when I got to the World Series, the game sound was so loud that you can't hear the voice. That tells me that the game itself is somehow manipulating the sound files.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2018, 07:45 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

my pc is ~7 years old at this point.. approachign 8, lol.. so it may look differnet but it wil be similar verbage "loudness equalization"

jsut as win7, win10 will likely allow you to set this in ~2 different locations -- one with the realtek software and one with standard windows sound options. one way or the other... it will work.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 01:58 PM   #5
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
my pc is ~7 years old at this point.. approachign 8, lol.. so it may look differnet but it wil be similar verbage "loudness equalization"

jsut as win7, win10 will likely allow you to set this in ~2 different locations -- one with the realtek software and one with standard windows sound options. one way or the other... it will work.
That seems to have worked. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The game sounds get louder in the late innings and high leverage situations. I wish there were a way to control this, because it gets TOO loud relative to the normal volume AND the crowd/ambient/rally sounds can become very loud compared to the bat/umpire sounds. I am compelled to turn the volume down to avoid disturbing others during quiet hours, and then I miss the sounds during non-critical situations. I know how to control the overall sound levels via windows, but this "dynamic volume" should be controllable within the game or be able to be toggled off.

Last edited by Orcin; 05-19-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote