Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-14-2017, 06:35 AM   #1
Anscules
Bat Boy

Minor leaguers from random eras?

Well, it's almost dawn and I've done some experiments all night with various set-ups, and now I must ask this question:

In the Historical League Setup Creation Wizard - the page where you select which season to start at ("1 of 5"), you have these three boxes:

Import complete history up to...
Import real minor leaguers (1915+)
Use random players from all eras instead of real rosters

What I really want is to check both of the bottom 2, but when I check the last one the others disappear. I assume this means the MLB rosters and the minors (with those coveted black players, too) cannot be combined randomly. In order to access the Negro League players and the other MiLB players, does the game need to march in lock-step through chronological history? So what I'm saying here is Michael Jordan will never be teammates with Josh Gibson and co.?

My ideal goal is to set up a fictional historical league in 1871 that has random players available from both databases. I've gotten very close to pulling this off tonight, only to pull the plug when pulling in minors failed, or generated duplicates.

One more question: when it does pull in minor leaguers... is a league like this going to see duplicate players? And on that same track: does the db keep track of what's been sent into the game so it doesn't "randomly" select the same person 16 seasons later?

Sorry this rambles. I hear birds chirping and my hands are cramped.
Anscules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anscules View Post
What I really want is to check both of the bottom 2, but when I check the last one the others disappear. I assume this means the MLB rosters and the minors (with those coveted black players, too) cannot be combined randomly. In order to access the Negro League players and the other MiLB players, does the game need to march in lock-step through chronological history? So what I'm saying here is Michael Jordan will never be teammates with Josh Gibson and co.?
Yeah, unfortunately that's correct. You could manually import players from different era's (or do so with a text file) but it can't be done automatically.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #3
Anscules
Bat Boy

Thanks! Even though it's not the answer I wanted it's good to have a definitive answer.

I was thinking about manually importing. I don't know how to do it so I'll see what I can find.
Anscules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #4
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

you'll need to know the players ID. And the year he played that you want to import. Willie Mays in 1954 or 1951, etcd
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...7&postcount=79
the above link has a list of minor leaguers to download in a .csv file (it'll open with a free program like Libre Office (their spreadsheet) ...)... the list includes all the negro league players in the game as well as all minor leaguers, with their player IDs. (also the years they played). (If the player never played in the minors, it won't be of much help i'm afraid.)

you can manually add the players by going to the Free Agent page and on the far right is a box .... can't recall exact name as i'm not at my game ... but when you click it, there in the drop down is a place to click for import historical players .... click on that and it will give you the info you need to manually add a player (you may need to search for they players, as it's a big list.). (Be certain to check BOTH the minor league database as well as historical one.) And then note if you want them in draft pool or FA pool. (If FA, you can manually edit them to a specific team if you want, with Commish mode.)

If you want to add more than one player at a time, you can create a text (in notepad). you'll need player id -then a comma right after the ID, then a space, and then the year the player had you want his career to start at. (Ruth in 1927 won't be his rookie year, but his most famous probably.) If you create a text file, to import you'll first need to check the same historical database, and minor league database boxes, then click on the add from text file - and then you'll need to point the program to where-ever you've saved that text file.

might sound a bit daunting, but once you get it right and do it a few times, it's really not that bad. Go on-line and read what the manual has to say about it as well..... it may give better instructions than i have, as i'm trying to remember this while not at my game, and the OLD grey cells don't retain as well as they once were supposed to.

Good luck and hope this helps more than confuses.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote