Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
buffalo_pete
Minors (Single A)

Questions on tweaking an independent league

I'm trying to start as the St. Paul Saints in the American Association, but I'm somewhat dissatisfied with the default setup. Three questions:

First, the Can-Am League and the American Association are grouped together in the game, but IRL are separate entities (they used to play each other to fill up their schedules up until a couple years ago). Is it possible to add two new leagues (the C-A and the AA) and move the existing teams into them, or is this going to be a more onerous process?

Second, the American Association has some interesting roster rules to help preserve competitive balance. Here's a link to the official rules, but in brief:
  • The roster size is 23, with a 1 man disabled list. (During the offseason, teams may have up to 28 players under contract, without regard to any of the following restrictions. The 23 man roster rules come into effect 2 days prior to opening day.) Of those 23:
  • 5 must be rookies (players with less one year of service, defined below). Teams may choose to field a 22 man roster and only carry 4 rookies.
  • Up to 6 may be "LS-4" (a player with less than 5 years of service), of which up to 2 may be "LS-5" (less than 6 years of service)
  • Up to 5 may be veterans (6 or more years of service - but if a player has 6 or more years of service but has not reached the age of 26 by September 1 of that season, he will be considered an LS-4. If he has not reached the age of 24 by September 1 of that season, he will be considered an LS-3.)
  • A year of service for American Association players is 75 official at bats or more in a National Association or independent league or leagues, or 30 innings or more pitched in a National Association or independent league or leagues, in any season prior to the present calendar year. For independent and short season/rookie league service, the first two years of service equals one National Association year. For foreign players, the classification and salary level will be determined by the league office.
So my second question is obviously "how much of this can I replicate given the limitations of the game?"

Finally, is there a mod that includes the independent team logos and ballparks?

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance.

Last edited by buffalo_pete; 06-29-2016 at 10:17 PM.
buffalo_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:04 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Logos should be fairly easy to get, the all-in-one mod has most of them. Make sure you download and install the mod BEFORE creating your save game.

Also, make sure you have custom playoffs enabled. It's your choice as to whether to put the Can-Am champion in the playoffs.

(As a sidenote, the Can-Am league is glitched and has an empty second division. If you're keeping the leagues together - which I recommend - you'll need to delete that division and import a fixed schedule. I've attached that schedule below

EDIT: 1000 thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl can-am_&_american_association_ind_c_2016f.lsdl (45.1 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by bwburke94; 07-13-2016 at 09:38 AM.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote