Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #401
llcmac
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
I guess, my question is more to, "hey, you bought ootp19 and participated in beta. Here's 2 extra packs (8 total) when you buy Ootp20".

Or

"Hey, you won 3 WS in Ootp19. Here's an extra 5000pp when you buy Ootp20 to get you started."

It's understandable 19 can't carry over to 20, but an incentive to drop $40 when 20 comes out for your 19 supporters would be nice

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I am wondering as well. Other Ultimate Team games give you rewards for playing the previous iteration.

For instance if a total awesome card comes out March 1st and it costs about $40 in PP to get, I would either buy it and stick with OOTP19 for the summer, or not buy it and just wait for OOTP20.

I'm actually not spending money right now because the next version is around the corner. I'd rather wait and spend it on that. There just isn't much incentive to spend money on this version for me.
llcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:05 PM   #402
triceratops99
Bat Boy

It'd be nice if there were some team pitching achievements. For example, my team just threw a perfect game, but got zero PP for it because 2 pitchers were used.
triceratops99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:52 PM   #403
statmeister
Minors (Single A)

I'd like to see a reset or clear button on the Auction House main page.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:07 PM   #404
Tekneek
Major Leagues

I understand the complaining about some people putting money in and others trying to free play. It might help you accept that reality if you thought about it like english football leagues. Some teams get investment, others do not, and you have to be creative in how you put together a team to survive (and even get promoted) when you have limited resources. It adds a challenge, but I think it is more fun that way (it is not about denying the developers the extra funds, as I know there are PT players putting in my share of $$$ and then some).

This is where you need to fall back on some type of Moneyball thinking. See what factors really determine success (I can tell already that overall ratings don't exactly corrolate with winning) that might be undervalued in the auction house and exploit that.

I, for one, hope that they do not decide to split off "free to play" from the rest. Let all philosophies exist in the same universe.

Last edited by Tekneek; 01-12-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #405
KWhit
Major Leagues

Suggestion: Include previous years/versions championships in the next year's trophy case. I won a championship in a league this year and would love to see that when I inevitably buy next year's game. Thanks!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #406
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Viewing other teams strategy (in a way)

I am in the playoffs right now. Just realized it is possible to view the opponents pitch limit for their starting pitchers when you go to their team page. Not sure if you can do this in the regular season but this should be changed in future. Takes away surprise factor if you want to try something like what Brewers tried with Miley in NLCS.
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:54 AM   #407
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

For future PT versions, I would think a massively expanded player pool would be key. I already pretty much know all the decent cards I see in the AH (good silvers and higher), and if the pool is more or less the same next year, going to get kinda stale I think. Even with the Live MLB cards adding some ongoing variety, OOTP20 PT, might feel rather like replaying a movie you've just seen.

What would it be like if cards included every season of every player?

The algorithm that places them in packs could still be tweaked to make sure that the balance of good to bad cards is the same (so you'd still be much more likely to see, say, Ed Sprague's best season rather than his worst), but the general variety would be much wider, and you'd have the endless treasure hunt of burrowing down into the stats of tens of thousands of possible seasons....
max venerabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:54 PM   #408
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDHitman View Post
I think a league where your team is capped by ratings or numbers of Bronze/Silver/Gold/Diamond players would be challenging. Say the total ratings of your team cannot exceed 1650, so its a 'salary cap' type of league...or you can only have 1 Diamond, 4 Gold, 10 Silver, and 10 Bronze players on your active roster. Trading would be allowed as long as they are 1 for 1 and +/- 3 points. Limit how many current players vs vintage players you can have active too. You can have leagues that allow all vintage to none and somewhere in between.

Right now, its just a spend fest (which I'm sure the company is/will enjoy). Cards need to be scarcer and the current players need to be re rated as some of them being higher than all time greats is ludicrous.
Seconded.

Perfect Team has Nolan Arenado rated a '98' at third base. Arenado is not a 98. And the 2018 Josh Donaldson sure as heck is not a 94. Just ask anybody who has tried to use them at third base in a league higher than Gold.
webrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:54 PM   #409
atabakin
All Star Reserve

On the transaction history page I would like to be able to filter by transaction type. If I want to look back at something that happened a couple weeks ago, but I've opened 100 packs and auto-sold 500+ cards since then, that's a lot of clicking the "next page" button.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:33 PM   #410
laptophound
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Suggestions for PT20

1. The ability to set a few promotion nights (bobbleheads/tshirts/guarantee win night etc) and if the team wins those games a set number of PP is awards (achievements)

2. Serial numbers on cards - would love this! Then the game adds in collecting aspects - buy more packs to get certain numbered cards - some like collecting low numbers - plus it allows us to see the rarity (how many cards printed of that individual - which would help set a fair auction price). Card #1/10,000 vs 9,000/10,0000 wouldn't preform different - but again managers may want to collect cards - again fantastic possibilities
laptophound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #411
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Regarding awards, right now they are 'broken' for non perfect leagues. They are broken because below perfect, they are listed as minor league awards.

My suggestion is when this is fixed, change the icons for the awards so that they look different for each level. Make them look more glamorous each step up in league level. You have good, smart graphics people.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:20 PM   #412
Dxgarnett
All Star Reserve

I don’t have the patience to look through the thread and surely this was already suggested, but if not:

Could we get our PT record for the crrrently logged in team on the OOTP main screen where it shows what league we’re in?
Dxgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #413
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrian View Post
2018 Josh Donaldson sure as heck is not a 94. Just ask anybody who has tried to use them at third base in a league higher than Gold.
I disagree. He definitely puts up 94 performance vs LHP. He's not great against RHP but not enough to move him from Diamond.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #414
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Suggestion: Achievement: Run for All and All for Run. Everyone in the starting lineup scores exactly 1 run.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:00 PM   #415
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Fully aware of that option and it's not a big deal when it costs $5. But when it's $40 for OOTP20, that's different.

And that leads to another request. Just let people switch between teams without logging into a separate account if they want to. Having multiple email accounts and passwords is burdensome. (waiting for someone to bash me for being lazy)
On the contrary, I will not bash you for being lazy. I do not have 3 teams, because I do not want to deal with the hassle of having 3 accounts. I would love to be able to toggle between teams within the same account.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:27 PM   #416
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgufo View Post
I'd like:
1) double split in lineup menus (as for ootp)

I enthusiastically second this idea. I would like to see double splits, particularly L/R and Home/Road, as park effects play a large role in L/R splits.
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #417
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

If already suggested please ignore. I would love a way on my player cards to see how I acquired them whether it be by pack or AH and if purchased in AH how much I paid. Would be useful when contemplating selling price. I know you can dig down though transactions as a work around. Thanks.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:16 AM   #418
daves
Hall Of Famer

At least show Lefty and Righty ratings on auction card.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:23 AM   #419
ShiBDiB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm sure this has been asked.

But can we get the little circle icons on the player face box that signify all star games and awards?
Old 02-01-2019, 10:57 PM   #420
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Achievement suggestion: Perfect Team, 8,12, and 16 consecutive games without a team error.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote