Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 10-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
[OOTP 18] 1934 St. Louis Cardinals - Building the Nest

Stay tuned, screenshots to follow later, either with this post or later ones in this thread, when and if possible. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 10-28-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #2
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

More screenshots

More screenshots to view, and more may come, as the offseason develops, when and where possible and appropriate. CD out.

P.S. From here on is where I will start to try to match the 1934 St. Louis Cardinals real-world success in this simulation, as best as I can. However, many of the real-world members of the Gashouse Gang will most likely not be members of the Cardinals organization in 1934, for this simulation.

A player with my grandfather's name is present in the organization, but his real-world namesake was never actually a professional baseball player as far as I know. Nor was his father involved with any professional sports team, either, I believe. And so on and so forth.

But that isn't important here, of course. Expect more posts later, when possible and appropriate, then. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 08-26-2021 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #3
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Some important business

We have a new bench coach, and have resigned three of our key players to extensions. Hopefully, the rest of the offseason will go well. May consider going after Bill Terry in Free Agency, if our Assistant GM doesn't do so directly, to address our need for a better 1B, as shown for one of the goals my owner wants me to achieve in the near future. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 10-28-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

MLB Regular Season Standings and World Series Results:
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #5
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Hank Greenberg AL RoY, Zeke Bonura NL RoY for 1933

Cardinals sign Lloyd Waner on November 21, 1933, to an 8-year contract for $146,000. Wonder if he'll take over CF for the 1934 Cardinals. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mel Ott goes to the Tigers for 6 years and $167,800 on November 15, 1933. The Tigers should continue to be a major threat for a while, if Ott and his new teammates can perform well enough. This may be a major coup for the Tigers, but we'll have to see, won't we, folks?

More news later, as possible, and all. CD out.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:38 PM   #6
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Babe Ruth also retired at the end of the 1933 season with 606 home runs. He missed much of 1932 and 1933 due to injuries. Lou Gehrig is at 309, and he hit the first All-Star home run, as well. More information later, as possible, where possible, and requests for information about the simulation and the history leading up to its current status as of late 1933 are welcome, as long as they are made in respectful manners, and all. I also do not want to see anyone disrespecting anyone else in this thread, of course, for sure.

Until the next post, then, I'll close this. CD out.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:38 PM   #7
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I will likely try managing most, if not all, the regular season games out, at least to a degree, for the Cardinals in the 1934 season, so expect it to take a while for me to complete the season. I don't know yet whether I'll do the same for games during spring training, but let's just see what happens. Of course, if we make it to the Series, I fully expect to manage the games out to a degree as well. CD out.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:06 PM   #8
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Big trade sees me sending off three 30 and over players along with a minor leaguer for the 29-year-old 1B Ripper Collins. Hopefully it won't prove to be a mistake. CD out.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #9
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Bill Terry off to the Phillies on December 9 for 2 years and $20,200. However, he's just past his 35th birthday now, so we'll have to see how that works out for him and the Phillies. That might not be a wise move on their parts, but so be it, if so. I've hopefully addressed the potential issue at first base, with the younger Ripper Collins. Have several older players that I may need to send out, to make room for the younger ones. Goose Goslin may be among them, and I believe he asked for a trade a while back, but not sure at the moment.

Will post more as the offseason continues, and it's nearly drafting time. For some reason, the game didn't automatically add a draft class, it seems, and it seems that the pictures may not be showing on certain news items when they used to show before automatically. Or on certain player popups while running my mouse over certain names, et cetera, for some reason, at the moment. CD out.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:39 PM   #10
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

We signed a RF named Tom Anagnos for 5 years and $51,500 on December 7th. So I wonder how the lineup's generally going to shake out come April, for the St. Louis Cardinals. Clearly some more deals may have to be made to clear more potential playing time for players like Medwick and Mize, for example. Even if very popular players may be at risk of being shipped off, of course, to clear room for them and others. CD out.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:46 PM   #11
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Goose has been traded to the Senators, along with four other players, in return for three players, two of them minor leaguers. He didn't see a lot of action with us in 1933, but maybe in Washington, he'll be able to hit more homers than he did for us in 1932 and 1933 combined. We needed to clear some space for younger players, most likely, in our organization and perhaps on the major league roster, so we shipped him off. We might miss him, of course, but he's on the wrong side of 30, so it wasn't likely logical to keep him for a third straight season.

Will continue sharing news as the need may require or as may be appropriate enough, folks. Stay tuned for further developments as I try to build the Cardinals' nest for 1934 and beyond, then, I hope. CD out.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:56 PM   #12
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Have several long extensions worth substantial monies offered to several key players I would like to lock up for as long as possible, so that they spend most, if not all, of their careers with the Cardinals, if at all possible. I also included at least a few no-trade clauses in those contract extension offers, of course.

Am offering Dizzy Dean 10 years at an average of $17,500 a year, minimum. Offering Medwick a minimum of 140k for 10, Ruffing a minimum of 134k for 8, Herrera 175k for 8, and Ripper Collins 16.5k for 3. Am expecting all to accept those offers.

Have also hopefully locked up other key players long-term as well. And hoping that injuries do not rob them all of significant playing time as well, of course. More news to follow after the calendar year turns to 1934. CD out.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:19 AM   #13
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Pictures don't seem to be appearing for certain news items when they used to before, it seems, at times. Don't know why, but hope that it won't force me to restart this dynasty, et cetera, of course. CD out.

P.S. Babe Ruth and others may not be done playing after all, but we'll just have to wait and see, folks. CD out.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:29 AM   #14
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Pictures are fortunately appearing again now. Spring Training has now arrived for the 1934 Cardinals. Here's hoping we get a great start off to the year, folks. Stay tuned for screenshots and all, as possible and appropriate, please. CD out.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:25 PM   #15
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Game 1 of 1934's Spring Training goes our way 9-6, against the Pirates. Reds are next up on our spring training schedule. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-29-2018, 08:20 PM   #16
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

We are now 2-0 for Spring Training 1934 after beating the Reds 4-2. Giants are tomorrow's opponent. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-29-2018, 08:31 PM   #17
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Will probably make more posts later in this thread, no doubt. But as for there being any more related to it tonight, probably not, I think, at this point. Feel free to comment later, as you might wish. I'd like to see what you guys think of this thread periodically, of course, for sure. Until next time, then, I wish you all a good night or morning, or whatever it may be when you next read this thread. Lord willing, of course. CD out.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #18
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Cardinals fall 4-1 to the Giants, dropping us to 2-1 so far during Spring Training for the 1934 Cardinals. Phillies are next on our docket of games, it seems, for Spring Training, and they're tomorrow's opponent. CD out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-05-2018, 07:20 PM   #19
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

We also traded a 38-year-old outfielder to the Giants for a 25-year-old first baseman, so hopefully that will help our organization considerably in the future. Only time will tell if it does, and how much it will, if it does, of course, though. CD out.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:29 PM   #20
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Just traded a 36-year-old outfielder for a 30-year-old one and a 5th-round draft pick. But I think I'll put the new outfielder immediately on the block, for he's rated one star worse, evidently than the one I just shipped off to the Yankees, at present. Hopefully, I'll be able to ship him off for some more younger players and even potentially include players that I may currently have on the trading block as well, in any future trades. CD out.