Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #121
mikestack
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
As a die hard Mets fan myself I'm happy to see another Mets fan here. Thanks for the praise too, it's appreciated.
The whole game seems fantastic. I simmed through the draft while watching last night's fireworks in Minnesota. Interestingly in my sim, with no adjustments to his rating, John Buck hit 11 home runs in the first 40 games before getting injured. Art imitating life?

Quote:
Laffey's stamina is fine, maybe even too high. He's just not rated as a guy the ai will want to start. And I really don't think he should be, since he's not really that good.
After his first start, I'm inclined to agree. I wasn't sure if it was even worth mentioning to be honest.

Quote:
I'm torn on Wright's fielding. Most years it hasn't been good, for his career he's at -12.1UZR according to fangraphs and in 2009-2011 he was at -9.9 UZR or worse every year.
Overall, I don't really see any compelling evidence to support making much of a change.
So Wright's whole game got weird from 2009 to 2011. His offensive numbers show a similar pattern in those three years. The game seems to project his offense being more like 2012 than like 2009-2011, I'm not sure that his defense shouldn't follow suit.

Interestingly, I noted that Ryan Zimmerman's recent defensive woes (plummeting UZR's the past couple seasons) result in an above average third base fielding rating, so it looks like it's a consistent long-term average. I'm just not sure this is accurate for Wright (or Zimmerman for that matter).

Quote:
The minors are still very much a work in progress, we had some issues just before release that kept us from polishing them up as much as we'd like. Still I'd love to hear your thoughts. Especially since the minors and the draft are really the parts of the roster I focus on personally.
I'll try to deliver some feedback in the next few days. Again, this area will have to be more subjective since none of these guys have any data to back their potential ratings up, so I'll focus on a few observations and obvious stuff (like fastball velocity and pitch selection for pitchers).
mikestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #122
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Which is almost exactly what he's rated to do. I'd guess that's almost exactly a 50th percentile outcome for him.

I've seen very similar results for him in my sims and those of the rest of the roster team.

@Phillie Fever. Please, please, don't take this as some sort of insult or attack it's absolutely, 100%, not meant as such You've done great work on testing the historical mode.

But you seem to get some highly unlikely outcomes, both in the historical beta tests and apparently with the MLB rosters too. They're so unusual I can't typically replicate them in my tests. Are you absolutely sure there's nothing wrong with your installation, or weird with your settings?

Otherwise I just don't see how to explain some of the results you get. They're several standard deviations off, seemingly consistently so and in the same direction too.
Apparantly you're misinformed. PStrickert got the exact results that I did in my last historical run, nearly to a tee, some of my earlier results may have been exaggerated due to my disabling L/R splits but that's not the issue. Heyward must have just gotten a ratings boost, hot streak, it happens sometimes. His final career stats in the game ended with him hitting .272 with 434 homers, quite possible for a player of his quality.

-On another note I did have an issue with 2025. There were no playoffs, I think it was a storyline issue because a couple of teams moved after the 2024 season. I'm going to disable that today in this run.

Last edited by PhillieFever; 04-13-2013 at 09:16 AM.
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #123
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Lack of playoffs or team movement cannot be done via storylines. Sounds like maybe you were hit with the tie breaker bug that will be fixed in Monday's patch.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #124
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Lack of playoffs or team movement cannot be done via storylines. Sounds like maybe you were hit with the tie breaker bug that will be fixed in Monday's patch.
I think it may have been that, because the regular season played out normally, the playoffs were FUBAR'd. Good call!

-BTW Lukas I think I did have some sort of issues, because after a complete, I mean a complete uninstall Heyward's ratings are noticeably lower.

His contact went from 14 to 11
His power went from 15 to 13

Real ratings BTW, not scouted. I will continue to update bud.
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #125
sentry85
Minors (Single A)

josh Johnson

not a major problem, but it shows Josh Johnsons age as being 24 and with about 9 years of playing in the bigs.
sentry85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #126
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Question

Quote:
It won't affect your current games, or even any new games you start before the next roster update comes out. Once the next roster update comes out and you download and install the patch, only then will you see the changes in any new game you start.
Not to sound dumb, but after the next update comes out, for all of the changes that have been made, we will need to start a new league post install, correct?
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #127
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Hector Gimenez is listed as a first baseman. He's also incorrectly assigned to AAA, but that may be the AI rather than the roster set.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #128
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney View Post
Not to sound dumb, but after the next update comes out, for all of the changes that have been made, we will need to start a new league post install, correct?
Correct.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #129
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDover View Post
Astros - Jordan Lyles started in AAA, while Rhiner Cruz was on the ML Roster. OOTP14 has it the other way.
It's the ai, nothing we can do about it
Old 04-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #130
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Hector Gimenez is listed as a first baseman. He's also incorrectly assigned to AAA, but that may be the AI rather than the roster set.
He's correctly set as a Catcher in the db. He's does have 1b ratings, so I'd guess the ai is changing his primary position for some reason. Not much I can do about it except to remove his 1b ratings which I don't want to do since he should have them.

As to being in AAA, it is the ai, he's correctly placed in our db.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-13-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #131
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry85 View Post
not a major problem, but it shows Josh Johnsons age as being 24 and with about 9 years of playing in the bigs.
Yeah, you'll find this discussed back on the first page of the thread. There's a weird issue there.

His age is correct in our files, wrong in game. We're trying to figure out what's going on. It'll get fixed eventually, for now you can just change the dob yourself.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #132
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
-BTW Lukas I think I did have some sort of issues, because after a complete, I mean a complete uninstall Heyward's ratings are noticeably lower.

His contact went from 14 to 11
His power went from 15 to 13

Real ratings BTW, not scouted. I will continue to update bud.
Cool, that sounds about right. Glad you got that sorted.

Updates are always appreciated, whenever you get a chance. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #133
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by khucke View Post
Jose Contreras (PIT AAA) has Stuff at 20 (20-80 rating) and three of his four pitches at 20, the fourth is at 30.
Can he possibly be that bad?
I think that's an error. He's set like that in our db, but that can't possibly be right.

His other ratings are too high though. So I'll put him on the list and look at adjusting him when I get a chance. Since it looks like he's headed out of baseball now and is 40 years old, I don't think it's a huge priority.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #134
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestack View Post
The whole game seems fantastic. I simmed through the draft while watching last night's fireworks in Minnesota.
Did you enjoy all the real players in the draft? The draft's my baby. I'm the one who added all (well, 90%) of the real draft eligible players, and rated them all myself.

Nearly 22 full rounds worth, 650 players at last count! I'm hoping to add even more real players for one of the updates.

I'd wanted to have the first draft filled with entirely real players. Sadly time constraints, real life, and other roster issues taking priority mean that won't likely happen, even in an update.

But we still have far more real draft eligible players than OOTP ever had before, with more on the way.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-13-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #135
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

As a Baseball America subscriber I can appreciate you putting all the elite amateur prospects into the game for the draft.
BaronA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #136
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronA View Post
As a Baseball America subscriber I can appreciate you putting all the elite amateur prospects into the game for the draft.
Yeah I agree. Believe it or not, I think he was pushing for about 30 rounds worth of players (900 in all).
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #137
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronA View Post
Thanks! PG subscriber myself, I used their info far more than BA's, so there may be some discrepancies.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #138
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

LHP Junior Reyes could be added to the Royals system. This what I wrote up about Pinto and Reyes last summer.

Reyes is not much of a prospect, but if you want to add him you want.

Julio Pinto - $375,000 bonus. A projectable righthander with a fastball that sits in the 88-92 mph range. His secondary stuff consists of a curveball and changeup. He's a promising prospect, with some seasoning could wind up being a smart investment.

Junior Reyes - 155,000 bonus. A lefthander that is praised by scouts for his command and pitchability throws a 87-89 mph fastball. Less upside than Pinto, but at the very least adds depth to the farm system.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #139
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
What's your suggestion for waiting for this update to start a new franchise time-wise? If this is something that should be available Monday I assume that I should just wait 2 days?

Will this be part of a patch? How do we get the fixes automatically imported before we start a new franchise?
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #140
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

I'm not really up to snuff with the players for this upcoming draft. Other than some of the elite 1st round prospects.

30 rounds worth of players would be sick. Keep up all the hard work! ha