Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Redsfan489
Bat Boy

Logo Changes

Not sure if this is in the right spot but tonight after I logged into the game some of the custom logos I used for my league changed back to the generic logos that were generated when the league was first setup. My question is how do I stop this from happening. A bit of information on the way I set up my league and downloaded the logos, I noticed that once you went over a certain number of logos you could no longer see the bottom of the list, so I created new folders for all the downloaded logos and placed groups in each folder. I then selected the logo I wanted from the coresponding folder, not sure if the game just doesnt know to look for the logos in the other folders or if it just had a bit of trouble loading them. Anyway I am loving the game so far just hoping to get a stop to having to manually adjust the logos each time I log in.

Thanks for the help.
Redsfan489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure what causes this but I know that after a relocation (city change) or a name change that this will happen.

I also know that (not sure why) the longer a logo has been used the stronger the path for the game to the logo file.

As time passes, you will see this happenning less and less frequently in your league. Usually after the 2nd time you select the logo you're golden. I never see this in my leagues anymore.

Hopefully, someone with more understanding can explain the why.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 01-10-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #3
SteveP

Here is some info that might help you figure this out:

When the game creates a logo initially, or whenever a logo is selected, the game copies the logo (and actually generates a set of those logos in different sizes) to the [your saved game]/news/html/images/team_logos folder. That is the folder the game uses to retrieve a logo of the correct size whenever one is required for display. It does not go back to the general logos folder (or create a new logo) after that unless something happens to the correct set of logos in the news folder.

Investigating what you see in that folder when you fix the logo and again when you restart your game may help you figure out what is going on.

Hope that helps.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

To the last of my knowledge, ootp does not automatically recognize any subfolders in the main Logos folder. You have to manually select any logos in your subfolders you created.
So in your specific case, since you have logos sorted in subfolders, whenever the game needs to create new logos, you'll get generic ones and you will need to replace them manually.
If your gonna use subfolders, use them to keep copies of the originals, but place all of them in your main logos folder.
Currently there's only one problem with logos..If any team has the nickname "Bulldogs", ootp always creates the generic bulldogs logo for them. Hopefully Andreas will get it fixed in 14.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Redsfan489
Bat Boy

Thanks for the replies and help

Hey guys thank you for all the input the Logos have not changed since the first reload so my fingers are crossed that they are fixed. One thing I did notice and maybe this is what caused the change, when your manager gets promoted to a new team the logos for that league randomly change. I have only moved to double A from single A and only a handful were changed to the old style but was easy enough to fix. Once I fixed them I have logged in and out several times and they are all still the same. But overall the game is amazing I really enjoy it, even when the major league team steals half my starters ever few weeks

Thanks again guys
Redsfan489 is offline   Reply With Quote