Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
monk31
Bat Boy

Draft hit, scouting reports gone, no $ for signings

I just finished my 1st full season on a historical league (OOTP12) and the 1st year player draft occured in November. During the playoffs I sent my scout to individually scout certain players in the draft pool. When the draft hit, the only scouting reports available were from the OSA. When I checked the scouting director position, it was vacant.

1st) When is the period end for coaching contracts? I was expecting it to be 12/31. Is there any type of notification in OOTP13 of staff/coaches contracts due to expire?

2nd) I have no $ available to sign free agents at the draft. There was plenty available for extensions and free agents during the season. Am I doing something wrong? I'm playing with St Louis and expected to be able to handle signing draft picks (spent no money on Free Agents during year and all trades reduced payroll).

Thanks for the help guys!
monk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Scouts and coaches leave the team when the season ends, not 12/31. You will need to hire a new scout. For second problem you probably had a lot of arbitration eligible players. These players reduced you amount available for free agents. This is just a guess without looking at your salary obligation screen, which should tell you if the arbitration eligible players caused you expense problem.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
monk31
Bat Boy

Thanks for the info on the scouts! Now regarding the Salary obligations, I had never noticed that screen before but I could see that it would be helpful. It goes down from the current year to the next year so I would think I would at least have some $ for draft pick signings and free agents. Am I looking at this wrong? See attached.
Attached Images
monk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk31 View Post
Thanks for the info on the scouts! Now regarding the Salary obligations, I had never noticed that screen before but I could see that it would be helpful. It goes down from the current year to the next year so I would think I would at least have some $ for draft pick signings and free agents. Am I looking at this wrong? See attached.
The amount on the bottom line is the total of the contractual obligations and the arbitration estimates for that season. So yes that does give you an indication on hom much budget space is available for that season.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote