Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Historic Opening Days

Is there a list somewhere of the actual opening days in baseball history from 1871 to prsent for all leagues? Not team opening days but the whole league. I import the 1871 schedule but it starts it in April. I believe Ft Wayne didnt play till May 4th. Theres nothing wrong with the historical schedule, i think i just need to set the start date and everything will match up.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:02 AM   #2
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Is there a list somewhere of the actual opening days in baseball history from 1871 to prsent for all leagues? Not team opening days but the whole league. I import the 1871 schedule but it starts it in April. I believe Ft Wayne didnt play till May 4th. Theres nothing wrong with the historical schedule, i think i just need to set the start date and everything will match up.
As far as I know, there's really no way to get absolute realism from 1871-1901. Too much movement, etc, so it would make sense that the schedules won't be 100% accurate.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Actually the schedules are pretty good in regards to played who. Its just the starting date i need. I can find it from retrosheet scores but i have to look at the first game for every team. Was just hoping it was in one single list somewhere.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is there a list somewhere of the actual opening days in baseball history from 1871 to prsent for all leagues? Not team opening days but the whole league.
If there is such a list, I've never seen it.

Quote:
I import the 1871 schedule but it starts it in April. I believe Ft Wayne didnt play till May 4th. Theres nothing wrong with the historical schedule, i think i just need to set the start date and everything will match up.
Yes, Ft. Wayne started the 1871 season on May 4. But then the entire NA started its season on May 4 - Ft. Wayne played the season opener against Cleveland. The 1871 schedules that come with the game are set to start on May 4. If your 1871 season is starting in April, it's because you don't have the "auto adjust date if matching XML schedule found" checked in the Options Screen. Either check that or set the season start date to May 4.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
If there is such a list, I've never seen it.

Yes, Ft. Wayne started the 1871 season on May 4. But then the entire NA started its season on May 4 - Ft. Wayne played the season opener against Cleveland. The 1871 schedules that come with the game are set to start on May 4. If your 1871 season is starting in April, it's because you don't have the "auto adjust date if matching XML schedule found" checked in the Options Screen. Either check that or set the season start date to May 4.
Ill check it. That would save a lot of time.