Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #21
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

The newer version is glorious!
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #22
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
I added something that may help us.

Before you select a team, click on FILE and select DEBUG and then select a team and click start.

It will run a little slower and you will see a number flashing up in the status area. Note what the number is when it locks up or errors. This should be the game that it is working on.

Then look in this folder (change your to your league)

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\OOTP Baseball 2006\data\saved_games\1950A.lg\news\txt\leagues

Attach the log_#.txt file as an attachment here and I will take a look and see what the problem is. It could be something bizaare that happened that game.

Larry
I am getting the same error. I tried the debug trick, but the games still fly by too fast. The last thing it says before the error is "Almost there.."

I attached all the game logs in an email to you (it's only 2 weeks into the sim).

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #23
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

OK, give it another try and tell me what happens.

Question: When it errors, if you hit continue, what happens?

Since you are getting the 'almost finished' message, it is getting past the reading in of the lineups.

I have added some error trapping after this point, so if it errors, it will popup with a message where it was at it when errored and 'maybe' continue on.

I thought that it may have bombed because the league was only a week old and/or it had a DH, so I ran it on a week old league and I can't duplicate the error.

Try it now and let me see what happens. If it still fails, then maybe you can zip it up and send it to me.

Larry
Old 09-21-2006, 09:11 AM   #24
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

To aid troubleshooting, I always ran the tool after the season completed.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #25
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

The program 'should' work anytime of the season.

I just added a line showing the most popular player by position in the lineup, i.e.

Most popular by lineup spot: Law| Thon| McGee| Brenly| Hayes| Concepcion| Meacham| Brenly| Concepcion

I also added a link to the team name in the 1st line. It will open up in a new window the BF page with the lineup page for that team and year. Of course, it will display URL not found if used on a fake league.

However, I still have to work this one out a little.

It works for teams with just one team from that city, like BAL, DET, etc., I have to figure out how to do it for the others, as for the Yankees, they use the abbreviation, NYY.

Ah, figured it out, if there is a space in the teams city name, then it uses the 1st two letters and the 1st letter of the nickname. Gonna be tricky, but will give it a shot.

[Edit] It is going to be trickier than I thought, as BF uses funky abbreviates. Boston Red Sox = BOS, Boston Braves = BSN. Maybe I can find a listing on their site of all the team abbreviations. So for now, it will only work for a few teams, but you can manually change the BOS to BSN (UPPERCASE) when the URL not found page is displayed.

Last edited by Comedian2004; 09-21-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Comedian2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:29 AM   #26
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Can't wait to test the new gadget out tonight.

Last edited by Raidergoo; 09-21-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #27
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Ah, I had to use a few extra brain cells for this...

I found the information I needed the Lahman Database. So, I wrote a quick routine to create a new text file called team_abr.txt and stuck it in the AU2006 path. So, when you launch the program, it will download that file for you. The 2nd time you run it, it won't download it again, since it is already there.

This file contains the year, franciseID and team nickname.

So, it will then put the correct information in the link.

However, only one minor flaw, that I have NO workaround.

The team abbreviations should match the historical ones in the Lahman database EXACTLY or the link will not work. So, problems occur if you run a long sim that causes the abbreviations to change. Like the Houston Colts became the Houston Astros. Since there was no COLTS in that year, then it would cause the link to fail.

This of course will be a major problem if you start in 1903 and run to 2005 without making the corrections year to year to change the team nicknames of the team abbreviations.

There is NOTHING I do to prevent this. It does read in the correct abbreviation when you import a historical league, it is just when you run year after year sim where this could be a problem.

Example:

I started a sim in 1920. I ran it to 1963. In 1920, there were the St. Louis Browns and the St. Louis Cardinals. The link works correct for the Cardinals, but not the Browns.

This actually should not be an issue, as the link is really only designed for 'historical' replays. Once you sim into the next year, it is really no longer historical, since players will leave and go to other teams, or retire before their time, etc.

But, it is just a nice option to have in the program for the historical simmers.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #28
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Larry, I really love your utilities and intend to incorporate many of them into an online league I'm planning. My problem is that I'm not very computer saavy so will need detailed how to's on all of them. Will you be adding these soon?

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:16 PM   #29
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, give it another try and tell me what happens.

Question: When it errors, if you hit continue, what happens?

Since you are getting the 'almost finished' message, it is getting past the reading in of the lineups.

I have added some error trapping after this point, so if it errors, it will popup with a message where it was at it when errored and 'maybe' continue on.

I thought that it may have bombed because the league was only a week old and/or it had a DH, so I ran it on a week old league and I can't duplicate the error.

Try it now and let me see what happens. If it still fails, then maybe you can zip it up and send it to me.

Larry
No joy in Mudville. It still gets an "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error. If I hit continue, it just hangs.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Old 09-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #30
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Updated it to show the top unique lineups (actually, all possible lineups for the year, sorted by most popular:

The most popular lineups:
012 Elio Chacon Earl Battey Ted Kluszewski Willie Mays Roger Maris Tony Taylor Steve Boros Mike Hershberger
011 Elio Chacon Tony Taylor Ted Kluszewski Roger Maris Willie Mays Earl Battey Steve Boros Mike Hershberger
011 Elio Chacon Earl Battey Ron Fairly Ted Kluszewski Willie Mays Roger Maris Tony Taylor Steve Boros
008 Tony Taylor Earl Battey Willie Mays Elio Chacon Ted Kluszewski Steve Boros Dal Maxvill Jose Tartabull
006 Tony Taylor Earl Battey Willie Mays Elio Chacon Ted Kluszewski Steve Boros Mike Hershberger Jose Tartabull
005 Jose Tartabull Elio Chacon Ron Fairly Ted Kluszewski Roger Maris Earl Battey Tony Taylor Steve Boros
005 Elio Chacon Bernie Allen Ron Fairly Ted Kluszewski Roger Maris Willie Mays Earl Battey Steve Boros
005 Elio Chacon Tony Taylor Ted Kluszewski Willie Mays Roger Maris Earl Battey Steve Boros Mike Hershberger

Just have to get out my crayolas and color it a little. I will try not to paint outside the lines this time.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #31
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I need to have the league on my computer and see where it is bombing out at. Odd that you are getting past the error trapping I put in there.

After you select a team and hit start, does it display any games at all before it bombs out?

It should display game by game until the screen fills, then it will contine until it is done with all the games, then it sorts and colors it and gives you some more buttons to click on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor
No joy in Mudville. It still gets an "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error. If I hit continue, it just hangs.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #32
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I need to have the league on my computer and see where it is bombing out at. Odd that you are getting past the error trapping I put in there.

After you select a team and hit start, does it display any games at all before it bombs out?

It should display game by game until the screen fills, then it will contine until it is done with all the games, then it sorts and colors it and gives you some more buttons to click on.
If I leave debug off, it immediately bombs. If I turn debug on, then I see the game numbers fly by at the top, but I never see any lineups in the bottom part of the screen.

League file location sent to you. Let me know if you need something smaller, like just the .dat files or something.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:22 PM   #33
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Problem solved...

Interesting problem, I would have never figured it out without the files.

When I load up the drop down menu with team names, I put in the teamID then a space then the team name. This makes it easy for me to see what team is selected. I just take the val() of the selected item.

i.e. teamID = val(lbteams.selecteditem)

If I want the team name, I then search for the 1st space and then start at the next character. i.e.

mypos = instr(lbteams.selecteditem, " ")
team = mid(line, mypos + 1)

But, there is a bug in the val statement. With your team names starting with a number, I get this:

13 2005 Dead Marshes

It gives me a value of 132005 for that team. Ignoring the space.

So, it thinks the teamID is 132005 and tries to look up that team and it errors.

So, I changed the space to a - and it worked fine. (After I simulated a month,GO BREE CHEESE!!)

Ack, I better go check where I pull the team name out, as I may have to change that too!

I need to go and change all my programs to reflect this change. Let me know of any other programs that are getting the same error with this league and I will fix them right away.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:19 AM   #34
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

w00t! All fixed.

If you want someone to come up with a weird combination, always look at our league...

Old 09-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #35
AnonymousGrump
Bat Boy

Quote:
... (After I simulated a month,GO BREE CHEESE!!) ...
Thank you- the Cheese appreciate your support!
AnonymousGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #36
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Changed it so that it now just displays the last name of the player in the grid, but if you put the cursor over his name, it will tool tip his full name. I also added a new field on the right showing the teams w-l record after each game.

Now you will not have to scroll over if you have long names.

Also added the opponent's starting pitcher as a tool tip if you put the cursor over the LHP or RHP.

Last edited by Comedian2004; 09-22-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Comedian2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:36 PM   #37
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

If you click on any row in the game by game grid, it will bring up the box score (if it exists) in your browser.

Also changed the layout of the html page a little.

Cool stuff.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:19 AM   #38
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

this is turning into my favorite mod. excellent work.

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:35 PM   #39
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Updated it to show the top unique lineups (actually, all possible lineups for the year, sorted by most popular:

The most popular lineups:
012 Elio Chacon Earl Battey Ted Kluszewski Willie Mays Roger Maris Tony Taylor Steve Boros Mike Hershberger
011 Elio Chacon Tony Taylor Ted Kluszewski Roger Maris Willie Mays Earl Battey Steve Boros Mike Hershberger
011 Elio Chacon Earl Battey Ron Fairly Ted Kluszewski Willie Mays Roger Maris Tony Taylor Steve Boros
008 Tony Taylor Earl Battey Willie Mays Elio Chacon Ted Kluszewski Steve Boros Dal Maxvill Jose Tartabull
006 Tony Taylor Earl Battey Willie Mays Elio Chacon Ted Kluszewski Steve Boros Mike Hershberger Jose Tartabull
005 Jose Tartabull Elio Chacon Ron Fairly Ted Kluszewski Roger Maris Earl Battey Tony Taylor Steve Boros
005 Elio Chacon Bernie Allen Ron Fairly Ted Kluszewski Roger Maris Willie Mays Earl Battey Steve Boros
005 Elio Chacon Tony Taylor Ted Kluszewski Willie Mays Roger Maris Earl Battey Steve Boros Mike Hershberger

Just have to get out my crayolas and color it a little. I will try not to paint outside the lines this time.
could runs scored for the season by each lineup be added to this?

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 09-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #40
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

just came across an error.

this is the first time ive tried to switch leagues before exiting and when doing so, i got this...

Quote:
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\OOTP Baseball 2006data\saved_games'
looks like a missing a backslash between '2006' and 'data'

i cant change leagues because it wont continue. how can i add that backslash?

Record - 2428-2271 .517