Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:23 PM   #1
salisbury58
Bat Boy

Crashes while saving or backing up.

2 Different historical games are locking up. Below are answers to questions in a thread.

So please let us know the following:
1. Are you on a PC or Mac? PC
2. What OS are you using? WINDOWS 10 HOME
3. Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone? STEAM
4. What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)? AMD RYZEN 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ. 16 GB MEMORY
5. Where exactly does your game crash? BACKING UP OR SAVING
6. What are you doing just before it crashes? BACKING UP OR SAVING
7. Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? DOES NOT LOCKUP EVERYTIME BUT DOES EVERY 3-5 BACKUPS OR SAVES
8. Do you get an error message? If so, what? NO ERROR MESSAGE BUT WHEN IT HANGS, IT IS ALWAYS AT 19% SAVING CURRENT VERSION OF DATABASE FILES. ONCE IT HANGS I CANNOT CLOSE THE GAME EVEN WITH TASK MANAGER. I HAVE TO SHUTDOWN OR REBOOT THE COMPUTER
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link) THIS HAS HAPPENED IN TWO HISTORIC GAMES PLAYTHROUGH. THE 2001 CARDINAL GAME DID NOT LOCK UP AT ALL DURING THE FIRST YEAR BUT AFTER GETTING 15 GAMES INTO THE 2002 YEAR IT STARTED LOCKING UP. THE 1982 VERSION HAD NO PROBLEMS UNTIL A MONTH INTO THE SEASON.
salisbury58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:25 PM   #2
salisbury58
Bat Boy

I have screenshot and a trace file but am not sure how to attach them.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #3
salisbury58
Bat Boy

I have a link to a sceenshot, trace file, and other dat files. If a support person contact me, I can send the link.

Rick