Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
diop
Bat Boy

Portland Ducks (fictional but idk where to post for OOTP18)

I'm going to use this first post for up-to-date information and will be updated regularly. Let me know if you think I should include any other pages to this post.

Team Homepage (4-17-2017)

League Homepage (4-17-2017)

Annual Top Systems (1-1-2017)

Positional Strength (1-1-2017)

Draft Pool (4-17-2017)

Last edited by diop; 06-07-2018 at 11:31 AM.
diop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
diop
Bat Boy

Alright, I am starting my first fictional league that I'm really going to write up and do everything for. I'm still pretty new to this game, I've barely had it for over a week. I've played older versions of this randomly over the past 10 years but never very seriously, I still don't know a lot about this game so hopefully I can figure it out.

I, Jim Smith, am the General Manager and Manager of the Portland Ducks in the SL1 (I can't think of a good league name) West Division. I let our team do the auto-draft because I feel like I still don't even know how a team should be set-up and I don't want to start with such a handicap to begin, where this way I'll probably be right on pace with the rest of the league. Our owner seems pretty good, a hands-off guy who wants to win with decent patience and average spending habits. He's given me two goals: Have a winning record this year, and make the playoffs in five.

I'm a bit abusive of the commissioner ability, but I'm hoping to keep the reigns on that. I did immediately edit our scout, Andy Steele, to be perfect and edited his contract to 9 years, which is obviously some cheating, but I tried to raise his salary up +1, 000, 000 to 1.4M a season to try and balance that out.

The rest of our personnel are Scott Hecker, Asst. GM, Team Trainer Juan Quezada, who have a good reputation in the league, and Craig Peterson and Casey Shoemaker are still unproven as our pitching and hitting coaches. We currently don't have a bench coach but a contract's been offered for 57 year-old Joel Healey. An easy-going conventional guy with a decent reputation, I'm hoping to land him, since there's only five bench coaches even available for hire and I worry that number will shrink as I lowball him on contract offers.

I'm going to manage all call-ups and send downs, and try to manage all the line-ups. I've never taken roster manager this seriously, so who knows if I'll get sick of it. In-game, which I will play each of, I'm going to leave it to the AI for all the play-calling, but I'll watch and write up each game. For all leagues? Maybe. Sounds like it'll take forever, but maybe I'll really enjoy it.

Our roster is as such, ordered mostly by their depth chart positioning and I'll probably write about each guy that I have something to say about. The only thing I leave up to the computer is for lineups will be the bullpen set-up, since I don't really know what makes a good long relief guy over setup, kind of stuff.

ML - Portland Ducks
SP - (25) Danny Skinner
Fantastic control and stamina, with good movement and three even pitches: Cutter, Curveball, and a Slider. His Changeup could use some work.

SP - (23) Craig Warholic (#11 Prospect)
The AI likes Warholic over Skinner, he has a fantastic fastball and change-up and a real good slider, but a pitiful curveball for the Majors. Good movement and control, too. He has a hard work ethic and great intelligence, so I'm sure he can develop well and become our ace. Also our only lefty on the Major League roster.

SP - (24) Pete Stafford
Fantastic fastball and cutter with an average splitter, good movement and okay control. We'll see how he does relying on mostly just two pitches.

SP - (25) Jeremy Ferguson
Jeremy Ferguson is our oldest starter by almost a full year, but still has a little room to grow. He has great stuff with a great fastball, and good cutter and changeup pitches. He also has a slider that might improve a little. His 45 stamina is a bit low, but we'll see how it goes.

SP - (24) Barry Meador (#27 Prospect)
Fifty in our line-up, I don't feel like we have huge drops from our pitchers. Meador is a fairly balanced pitcher. Nothing stands out from his stuff, movement, or control, but they're all solid and well-balanced. His changeup has lots of room to grow and give him some pretty good stuff.

RP - (28) Carlos Hosino
The best control on the team with some great movement to go with it. His sinker and slider are very solid. (Also, my RP's are ordered by my view of "talent" not their position. I think Hosino is my best RP, not a long relieved by listing him here)

RP - (25) Jordan Sanchez
A full 80/80 on his Stuff, Sanchez has the best and splitter on the team and a great fastball, rocketing the ball up to 99 MPH. His movement is a bit static and his control is fairly average, but the real power pitcher of our team.

RP - (27) Mario Rosado
A good well-rounded pitcher that can go pretty long with his stamina for a reliever. Everything can be summed up as good, has a fastball and slider for an arsenal.

RP - (26) Frank Munoz
An oppressive fastball with good movement on it and okay control, he also has a nice curveball to go with it.

CL - (25) Lance Brooks
Another 80/80 on Stuff, Brooks is like a better version of Sanchez. Both with amazing fastballs, and Brooks might have the best slider in the league and great movement on his pitches. He also has great stamina and can handle longer outings.

C - (26) J.P. Gould
Our catches through our entire roster is the weakest position, for sure. Offensively Gould is pretty average at eeverything but is definitely our best defensive catcher with a pretty good arm.

C - (24) Toshimitsu Kamei
One of our three catchers with some decent defensive capabilities. On the offensive he's a bit less impressive, but still has a chance to develop a lot of power in his swing. Apparently, he brings his lunchbox to work everyday.

1B - (34) Reynaldo Loaiza
Crushes the ball and could definitely lead the majors in homeruns this season with no one being too surprised about it. He's got good discipline at the plate and makes a lot of contact. His defensive capabilities are terrible, but that's what the DH spot is for.

1B - (29) Josh DiGiulio
Hits the ball hard and knows how to avoid getting struckout.

2B - (26) Rey Hard
Our first pick of the expansion draft, Hard will get lots of doubles and triples and can do everything good. Good contact, can hit it out of the park regularly, good discipline and avoiding strikeouts, runs the bases great, and can play 3B, SS, LF, or CF as well at high levels.

2B - (26) Alex Hernandez
Huge range infield and can run, a great defensive 2B with alright hitting abilities. Can make for a great pinch runner or defensive sub at 1B, SS, or LF.

3B - (27) Jeremy Burr
Castro and Burr will battle for the starting spot most likely. Burr has a great arm but is only average at everything else, and moves like a slug on the bases.

3B - (27) Daniel Castro
Casto is better defnsively with more flexibility, able to also play 2B or SS or even out at LF, and might get a few more doubles but also is a slow trotter and doesn't have the same eye as Burr.

SS - (25) Koos Dirven
SS was a bit of a weak position for us, but the Dutchman looks to be able to hold himself respectable at bat and is a fantastic shortstop and actually an even better 2B and very good third basemen too.

LF - (33) Mike Priest
Priest should be pretty good at bat, he has dangerous power with lots of discipline that'll work the pitchers a lot. While not amazing defensively he has a very good arm to keep baserunners honest. Can also play RF.

CF - (25) Matt Crandall
Crandall's another guy who can crush the ball, I feel like our team will be dominating the league in the homerun categories. Crandall can fly in the outfield, a great fielder that can play LF, RF, and 3B probably all better than our starters, with a rocket arm.

CF - (23) Joe Miller (#70 Prospect)
Another strong defensive outfielder with some good power. Still some decent upside on his power and battling the pitcher. Great runner.

CF - (22) Rich Huber (#99 Prospect)
While Crandall is better than our starters, Huber is better than Crandall in the outfield. He can play every position except catcher and is absolutely the fastest guy on our team. He is also expected to develop his gap power which could make him a real doubles or triples threat.

RF - (27) Joe Duggins
You're not gonna strike him out. His discipline is low, though, so I don't know how that will pair up with 75 "Avoid K's", but Duggins also has some real good power and knows how to run the bases. Solid outfielder.

RF - (24) Mark Gettingby
Our second Australian (I believe it was our Closer, Brooks, was the first that I didn't mention) Mark Gettingby is solid all around. He doesn't have some of the huge outliers like the rest of our outfield, but he's strong.

I was going to write up minor leagues, but I think that's too time consuming for now. Here's the lineups for every one, with the exception for RPs again where I just sorted it by "talent" over where they line up in the rotation.

I was tempted to keep a bird theme going for the names, but I kind of like the Whalers, Unicorns, and Sluggers name so as it's just a coincidence we have the Screaming Eagles and Robins on the team.

I plan on doing call-up/send-downs at the end of each month based strictly on statistics and move people fairly slowly

AAA - Atlanta Screaming Eagles
SP - (23) Victor Soto
SP - (27) Ryan Fryreare
SP - (24) Billy Hickman
SP - (23) Ben Montgomery
SP - (22) Colin Porter (#95 Prospect)
RP - (25) Mike Wilson
RP - (24) Jonathan Sanchez
RP - (27) Jonathan Diaz
RP - (24) Alberto Martinez (#53 Prospect)
RP - (33) Kevin Rhodes
RP - (20) T.J. Johnson
RP - (27) Pedro Hernandez
RP - (26) Brandon Whiteley
CL - (25) David Gazza

C - (20) Eddie Araujo
C - (28) Casey Leffel
1B - (25) Sean Grant
2B - (22) Terry Clark
2B - (24) Julio Gracia
3B - (22) Chris Bush
SS - (22) Pete Lehmberg (#28 Propect)
SS - (27) Ivan Salas
LF - (23) Nelson Henriquez (#64 Prospect)
CF - (26) Eduardo Hernandes
CF - (21) Jerry Perea (#90 Prospect)
RF - (18) Luis Guzman

AA - Barton Creek Robins
SP - (20) David Shepherd
SP - (22) Jerry Burtin
SP - (19) J.J. Deters
SP - (21) Ian Howell
SP - (20) Luis Lopez
RP - (19) Rafael Reyez
RP - (25) Moises Moreno
RP - (27) Chris Rupp
RP - (25) Alex Munchow
RP - (25) Brad Myers
RP - (24) Alex Garcia
RP - (22) Victor Martinez
RP - (21) Alex Rivera
RP - (19) Gabe Pantoja
CL - (28) Li Jervis

C - (19) Jared Jackson
C - (20) Bernie Bueno
C - (18) Matt Corrigan
1B - (19) Russell Patterson
2B - (19) Garrett Boswell
2B - (20) Masayuki Tsuda
3B - (23) Manny Vegas
3B - (21) Lance Wells
SS - (20) Shane Castaneda
SS - (25) Rob Velarde
SS - (22) Danny Brungard
LF - (20) Brian Peters
LF - (21) Chris Jordan
CF - (22) Luis Martinez
RF - (22) Jon McCreary

A - Wadesboro Whalers
SP - (20) Kelly Pascal
SP - (19) Bobby Summerlin
SP - (18) Ryan Monger
SP - (24) William Gomez
SP - (19) Mark Thon
RP - (22) Carlos Calle
RP - (21) Jason Anderson
RP - (21) Ben Mazzaro
RP - (19) Gordon Schenkel
RP - (24) Jose Cannavaro
RP - (22) Bob Marrero
RP - (21) David Crew
RP - (21) Steve Sigel
RP - (21) Joachim Kop
RP - (21) Gene Powell
CL - (18) Nick Lasek

C - (18) David Moore
C - (18) Scott Belkin
1B - (19) Cesar Trevino
2B - (20) Jaime Liranzo
2B - (19) Bobby Ramos
3B - (22) Ryan Randazzo
SS - (20) Willie Gonzalez
LF - (21) Jay Barry
CF - (18) Salvatore Benarrivo
CF - (20) Wilson Diaz
RF - (21) Jerry Melton

S A - Tampa Unicorns
SP - (21) Brad Seay
SP - (24) Billy Moore
SP - (22) Alejandro Cordero
SP - (21) Jose Cisneros
SP - (20) Roger Ordas
RP - (18) Matt Bright
RP - (18) Ryan Gardner
RP - (19) Orlando Laguna
RP - (18) Chris Baker
RP - (18) Ryan Jonas
RP - (23) Edgar Casado
RP - (22) Dave Franck
RP - (22) Josh Sherman
CL - (18) Xavier Robles

C - (18) Will Wilker
C - (18) Dave Honea
1B - (18) Aaron Clark
2B - (20) Brad Quertermous
3B - (19) Carlos Rios
SS - (20) Josue Chacon
LF - (18) Thadzieusz Kramarczyk
CF - (20) Carlos Vaquera
CF - (19) Billy Holm
RF - (20) Seth Campbell

R - Boise Sluggers
SP - (19) David Hernandez
SP - (22) Francisco Grijalva
SP - (21) Jaime Bogar
SP - (20) Joe Lunceford
SP - (21) Brian Harris
RP - (21) Brett Carmosino
RP - (20) Bobby Scanlon
RP - (19) Bobby Sandoval
RP - (18) Alex Canales
RP - (24) Jason Spencer
RP - (20) Isaiah Buchannon
RP - (22) Danny Palafox
RP - (18) Josh Keesee
RP - (18) Corie Wilson
RP - (23) Tom Jay
CL - (23) Carlos Leyba

C - (18) Nick Wile
C - (18) Walt Bloomingdale
1B - (18) Matt Levy
2B - (19) Oscar Romero
2B - (18) Joe Bower
3B - (18) Doug Imholte
SS - (20) Alexis Gonzalez
SS - (18) Jordan Pena
SS - (22) Devin Huntley
LF - (17) Bubba Cisneros
LF - (17) Domingo Estrella
CF - (18) Daniel Hernandez
CF - (19) Akihiro Kishimoto
RF - (19) Gautier Viadana

Outside of this, I can't really think of what else is there to say, so I might finally advance to January 2nd. If anyone wants to see something or thinks there's something I should be doing, let me know. I go to work soon, so maybe in 10-12 hours I'll start working through the off-season.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:20 AM   #3
diop
Bat Boy

Offseason & Spring Training

OFF-SEASON:
1-2-2017
After one day of the off-season we have our first injury. The back-up second basemen for the Baltimore Patriots suffered a brutal tripping up stairs that left him with a bruised elbow, jammed finger, and sore ankle.

Joel Healey the bench coach I offered is a real money grubber, not happy with the 100K less I offered him than what he asked for. Let's try 50K.

1-7-2017
Reynaldo Loaiza our DH/1B this season apparently told hitting coach Casey Shoemaker that he needs to be harder on the guys who aren't pulling their weight around here. Not good to hear from, apparently as the article states, our team leader.

1-12-2017
Joel Healey agrees to a 3 year, $292,320 annual salary as our bench coach.

1-28-2017
Before the season is even close to beginning we have our first retirement. Starting catcher for the Dallas Flying Tigers (we might need to change these names around), Jacob Robertson, apparently has a brother with advanced kidney disease and Robertson will donate his to save his brother. Three weeks later the story was updated to say the transplant was successful and both are resting well. Hooray!

2-3-2017
Scout Andy Steele found his first prospect, 17 year old Yoshihiro Nakashima from Japan. He plays CF with good range and an average arm, he has a solid upside in all categories and a 2 star potential rating. Pretty nice for a first find, from what I've seen.

2-17-2017
Steele is on the move again, this time in the Dominican Republic. Mike Rios is a 3 star prospect with similar defensive capabilities (and also a CF) as Nakashima, but looks to hit for a ton of power. However, his contact potential is a 20, which is low as a fellow goes, so I don't really know if he'll ever be any good. We'll see how it goes, he's only 16 so there's lots of time.

2-19-2017
Steele is a machine. He's down in Venezuela now and has found another prospect. A 16 year old left-handed pitcher Orlando Contreras with not a lot to get excited about. He's a 0.5 star prospect with his only decent thing being he might have good control over his two average pitches.

SPRING TRAINING
2-27-2017
Spring training begins today. 32 year old Zach Cantrell, 1B for the Nashville Chukars showed up ready shedding 30 pounds and coming in at a slim 6' 190. He still has 30 speed, so I don't know if it helped. But inner confidence is always good

The pre-season predictions are out and it looks good for Portland. Top of the western division, with 4 of the 5 best hitters and the third and fourth best pitchers. As a team we're predicted to lead the SL1 in runs by a solid margin and almost double up some teams for projected homeruns. All muscle!

3-15-2017
Our #1 guy in the rotation Danny Skinner left the game after one inning and is day to day with a strained shoulder. He has been pretty unimpressive in 12 innings with a 6.75 ERA and a .321 OAVG, but I don't put much in to spring training.

3-21-2017
There's been so many injuries not-on-our team but none of these names have any meaning to me since no one has played a major league game. However our starting CF Matt Crandall will be out five weeks for "Bone marrow edema" in his wrist. I don't know what it means but it sounds bad, and this is unfortunate as he was one of the many overwhelming hitters on our team.

4-1-2017
Player development update came in today, big improvement from Rafael Reyes in our Double A league, and he improved his potential stuff, his current and potential control, and stamine up 10 points, which also adding to his velocity. Good stuff from the 19 year old. On the otherside David Crew in Single A lost point in current stuff, potential stuff, potential control, stamina, and velocity. Not good stuff from the 21 year old.

We finished spring training 16 and 14, 3rd out of 6 in our division, 5 games behind the Denver Flying Squirrels who lead the league at 21-9. The San Antonio Toros (SL1 West) and Washington Scorpions (SL1 East) both finished 8-22 to bring up the bottom of the league. A few league leaders LF. M. Priest 17 BB, 2B R. Hard 14 XBH, and quite a separating 33 strikeouts by 1B R. Loaiza. Only our backup shortstop was even within 10 of that. We also had 2nd and 3rd for walks, which is nice to see we're going to be working those pitchers.

I guess I was supposed to change the depth charts or something because we hold all top 8 spots in innings pitched. Woops. Frank Munoz was a monster, 2nd in ERA with 0.45, lead the league in H/9, 5th in K's, 1st in OAVG, and 5th in WHIP.

Season opener begins tomorrow

Last edited by diop; 06-05-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:22 AM   #4
diop
Bat Boy

Offseason & Spring Training

OFF-SEASON:
1-2-2017
After one day of the off-season we have our first injury. The back-up second basemen for the Baltimore Patriots suffered a brutal tripping up stairs that left him with a bruised elbow, jammed finger, and sore ankle.

Joel Healey the bench coach I offered is a real money grubber, not happy with the 100K less I offered him than what he asked for. Let's try 50K.

1-7-2017
Reynaldo Loaiza our DH/1B this season apparently told hitting coach Casey Shoemaker that he needs to be harder on the guys who aren't pulling their weight around here. Not good to hear from, apparently as the article states, our team leader.

1-12-2017
Joel Healey agrees to a 3 year, $292,320 annual salary as our bench coach.

1-28-2017
Before the season is even close to beginning we have our first retirement. Starting catcher for the Dallas Flying Tigers (we might need to change these names around), Jacob Robertson, apparently has a brother with advanced kidney disease and Robertson will donate his to save his brother. Three weeks later the story was updated to say the transplant was successful and both are resting well. Hooray!

2-3-2017
Scout Andy Steele found his first prospect, 17 year old Yoshihiro Nakashima from Japan. He plays CF with good range and an average arm, he has a solid upside in all categories and a 2 star potential rating. Pretty nice for a first find, from what I've seen.

2-17-2017
Steele is on the move again, this time in the Dominican Republic. Mike Rios is a 3 star prospect with similar defensive capabilities (and also a CF) as Nakashima, but looks to hit for a ton of power. However, his contact potential is a 20, which is low as a fellow goes, so I don't really know if he'll ever be any good. We'll see how it goes, he's only 16 so there's lots of time.

2-19-2017
Steele is a machine. He's down in Venezuela now and has found another prospect. A 16 year old left-handed pitcher Orlando Contreras with not a lot to get excited about. He's a 0.5 star prospect with his only decent thing being he might have good control over his two average pitches.

SPRING TRAINING
2-27-2017
Spring training begins today. 32 year old Zach Cantrell, 1B for the Nashville Chukars showed up ready shedding 30 pounds and coming in at a slim 6' 190. He still has 30 speed, so I don't know if it helped. But inner confidence is always good

The pre-season predictions are out and it looks good for Portland. Top of the western division, with 4 of the 5 best hitters and the third and fourth best pitchers. As a team we're predicted to lead the SL1 in runs by a solid margin and almost double up some teams for projected homeruns. All muscle!

3-15-2017
Our #1 guy in the rotation Danny Skinner left the game after one inning and is day to day with a strained shoulder. He has been pretty unimpressive in 12 innings with a 6.75 ERA and a .321 OAVG, but I don't put much in to spring training.

3-21-2017
There's been so many injuries not-on-our team but none of these names have any meaning to me since no one has played a major league game. However our starting CF Matt Crandall will be out five weeks for "Bone marrow edema" in his wrist. I don't know what it means but it sounds bad, and this is unfortunate as he was one of the many overwhelming hitters on our team.

4-1-2017
Player development update came in today, big improvement from Rafael Reyes in our Double A league, and he improved his potential stuff, his current and potential control, and stamine up 10 points, which also adding to his velocity. Good stuff from the 19 year old. On the otherside David Crew in Single A lost point in current stuff, potential stuff, potential control, stamina, and velocity. Not good stuff from the 21 year old.

We finished spring training 16 and 14, 3rd out of 6 in our division, 5 games behind the Denver Flying Squirrels who lead the league at 21-9. The San Antonio Toros (SL1 West) and Washington Scorpions (SL1 East) both finished 8-22 to bring up the bottom of the league. A few league leaders LF. M. Priest 17 BB, 2B R. Hard 14 XBH, and quite a separating 33 strikeouts by 1B R. Loaiza. Only our backup shortstop was even within 10 of that. We also had 2nd and 3rd for walks, which is nice to see we're going to be working those pitchers.

I guess I was supposed to change the depth charts or something because we hold all top 8 spots in innings pitched. Woops. Frank Munoz was a monster, 2nd in ERA with 0.45, lead the league in H/9, 5th in K's, 1st in OAVG, and 5th in WHIP.

Season opener begins tomorrow
Old 06-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
diop
Bat Boy

Well, I tried to set-up my lineup a few times but the game keeps calling players up and down before I can do anything so I don't really understand. I'll just let the AI set everything up and make changes as they don't perform. The starting rotation is still the same, just the order is a little different.
1. Warholic
2. Skinner
3. Ferguson
4. Meador
5. Stafford

Hosino, Munoz, and Sanchez are the middle relievers, and Gazza our AAA closer has been called up as a 4th mid reliever. Wilson is also called up from the Screaming Eagles as our 8th inning guy, and Rosado the setup for the 7th. Brooks remains the closer.

On Offence Araujo and Kamei swap places. I thought Araujo the more talented player already, but with being only 20 I thought he could use some AAA time starting most days while he develops. DiGuillo is sent down to AAA to make space for one of our two extra relievers. 3B Daniel Castro is sent down and replaced by SS Pete Lehmberg, who will be playing leadoff in the 3B position.
Nelson Henriquez and Joe Miller swap places in the outfield as Miller will spend a little time in AAA instead. The other roster opening is Crandall who is still on the DL. I'm sure there's some more minor league switches, positive, actually, but it's not something I want to spend my time dealing with. It's game time.

Game 1 (0-0)
We're on the road headed to San Diego for a three game series. It took til our 8th man to finally get on base, but CF Rich Huber becomes the first Duck to ever quack a hit. It was a quiet game until the end of the third when the Musketeers starter Jesse Winward went down with an injury. As soon as Perez came in in the 4th the Ducks opened him up with a solo homer by Duggins on the first pitch. He went on to finish with a 1.1 IP, 5H, 3ER, 3BB, with 1 wild pitch in a 42 pitch performance. The next few innings turned in to a slugfest as Loaiza and Gettingby (in 1AB as a PH) also helped themself to homers both in the 7th. Warholic played solidly going 6 full innings only allowing 1 ER, 3H, 4BB, and 5K in 102 pitches. Hosino came in in the 7th to set it up but did his best attempt to give SD some life. 3 ER with 4H and 1 BB in 2.1 innings, but Sanchez came in the 9th to clean the game up. Final score, 10-4 Portland (1-0)

Game 2 (1-0)
Danny Skinner gets the start today, see if he can lives up to the pace Warholic set. The game was never in doubt, 7 runs in the first 4 innings for the Ducks, while Skinner goes in to the 9th inning before starting to fall apart. Skinner went 8.0 inning on 130 PI, 7H, 2ER, 1BB, 6K, with both those runs coming in the 9th and one being let in by reliever Sanchez. On offense it was pretty quiet after the start of the game, but the team got on base with 11 hits and 4 walks. 4 doubles for the team, and Priest is the 4th Duck to get his first homerun. 7-2 final score, Ducks win. (2-0)

Game 3 (2-0)
The leftie Ferguson gets the start today, who I considered my weakest in the 5-man rotation, but our first two did splendid so lets see how it goes. Fergie did solid through the first 5, not allowing anyone to score, but with 10 on base he didn't have the gas to make it through six and let in 2 and inherited another from Munoz, who did not live up to spring training results in his first appearance. Rey Hard scored Rich Huber in the 5th, but that was the only offence we could get going. 4-1 Musketeers. 2-1 Ducks to wrap up their first series.

Game 4 (2-1)
The second of four consecutive road series to start the season for the Ducks, Portland heads to Oklahoma to face the undefeated 3-0 Checkers. They're first in almost every hitting category, where we average around 2nd or 3rd for most things. The offense put up 1 run off a Rey Hard double in the first, but that was about it until the 9th where Huber hit a 2-out, 2-run double to give the Ducks a 3-2 lead in the 9th. Meador pitched well going 7 innings on 2 earnies that weren't until the 6th. No K's, though and a lot (7) of hits were mostly through the gaps. Rosado came in to sub for 1 pitch in the 8th as Mike Wilson went down with an injury to earn the win, and Lance Brooks finally gets his first action to close it in the 9th. Final score, 3-2 POR

After four games I got sick of the no DH rule, which I meant to turn on, so there'll be a few different stats. I also renamed our league to the Sunny Days League (SDL) and the others to the Fresh Breeze League (FBL) for some diversity, and renamed ourselves the American Baseball League (ABL) and the Player Draft Pool is published 60 days instead of 30 days, so, today.

Game 5 (3-1)
With the changes Joe Duggins comes in to fill our DH spot and Eddie Araujo gets his first start at catcher, and our fifth pitcher Pete Stafford gets his first start. Reliever Mike Wilson will be out five weeks with bone spurs in his elbow. Jonathan Sanchez gets called up from AAA. Stafford got through 4.2 IP pretty safely, only allowing a solo homer in the 1st, but his 4-1 lead quickly fell apart after an error that could have lead to a double play and a wild pitch that advanced runners. Jonathan Sanchez came in and let two more of Stafford's runners score on the first AB, but played out the rest of the game well going 3.1 IP with 3H and 2Ks Final score is 7-4 Oakland.

I went and created HS and college feeder leagues. There's no schedule for them this season so no one will actually get to play and I think since I made the draft list the day it was already on, it didn't get published so that'll pop up again in a couple days.

Game 6 (3-2)
Warholic gets his second start of the season, but comes out after 2 from an injury. Hosino comes in and puts in 3.2 innings and Gazza gets his first play time contributing another 2.1. Munoz closes it out with a perfect 9th inning. It was a close one until a couple of wild pitches and an error by the Checkers allowed 5 runs in the 7th. Portland finishes tacking on a couple more in the 9th to win 10-2.

After the game it was discovered Craig Warholic suffered an oblique strain that will keep him out for three weeks. Alberto Martinez gets called up to fill our 5th spot.

Game 7 (4-2)
Skinner looked in trouble most of the early game but ended up just fine only allowing one solo homer in the 3rd and going 6 innings cleanly. DiGiulio gets called up to play 1B and hits his first career homer to give the 2-1 lead but Lance Brooks comes in in the 9th and blows the save with two outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd. He hasn't looked that great in the 1.2 innings I've seen for being our apparently best pitcher. Also Gould, our best defensive catcher, was exposed today as Oakland stole 4 times on us and on the season is only 2/10 getting runners out. Definitely what we need to focus on improving the most. OC wins 2-3

SDL hitter of the week was 32 y/o 1B Jason Winterer of the Washington Scorpions. He hit .400 (10-for-25) with 4 home runs and 14 RBIs.

Triplets RF Justin Davis wins it in the FBL going 16-for-30 (.553 avg) with 3 homers and 13 RBIs.

Philadelphi Governors go 6-1 to sit atop the power rankings (163.3), Portland in 10th (102.9). The Flying Tigers of Dallas stink it up going 0-7 (-14.0) their first week.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #6
diop
Bat Boy

SCHEDULE
@ PHO (3 Gms)
@ MIL (3 Gms)

Game 8 (4-3)
Martinez gets his first start in the majors, and does well but an unfortunate error by Gettingby in the 3rd with two out leads to the bases getting loaded and later a grand slam. 5 runs score, but only one earned in 5 innings. Hosino and Jordan Sanchez only allow one hit in the final 3 but it doesn't matter. Lehmberg homers his first of the season driving in 2, Phoenix wins 5-2

(GIF switching every 5 seconds)

DRAFT NEWS
The draft pool was revealed before Game 9, here's a look at the best batters and pitchers. Rico Ortiz is the lone 5 star for hitters, and a good crop of 5 starters at 5 star for the pitching side of things. Bryan McCurdy has some personality issues though, a low work ethic and intelligence. For catchers, the position I'm most interested in acquiring the talent pool seems pretty low. None of them are very good defensively until 21 year old 1.5 star prospect Casey Bowman.

Game 9 (4-4)
An error leads to 4 runs scored for the Ducks, flipping the script from last game. Hard hits his first homer of the season driving in two in the fifth to go up 6-0, and Loaiza (2) Miller (1) both get solo homers in the 9th just for a little insurance. Ducks win 10-3, Ferguson has a no hitter until the 6th, which I didn't even realise because he had let in two runs off of walks and a wild pitch in 5th. Quite a good game, though. 7IP-2H-2R-2ER-2BB-8K and Billy Hickman makes his first appearance to hold the final two innings down. Phoenix pitching has struck us out 24 times over the first two games.

Looks like maybe I can't play minor league games, which is fine.

Game 10 (5-4)
Four runs score off two errors, Ducks lose 6-2. Rey Hard started off nice with a triple in the first and a double in the 3rd driving in Salas in before getting himself in after a double Loaiza. Meador (0-1) earns his first decision.

Game 11 (5-5)
Ducks are last in the division at 5-5 heading to Milwaukee. Milwaukee finds them self struggling to start, 1-8 heading in to the series with a 6.41 ERA, .228 AVG, and nothing really going well for them. Let's hope we can capitalize. Well, we don't. Stafford goes 7 good innings allowing 1 run, but Hosino blows the save with a wild pitch letting a runner get in and go to overtime. The Rascals hit a solo homer in the bottom of the 11th, Loaiza gets a solo leadoff in the 2nd inning as well in a low scorer, 3-2 MIL

Game 12 (5-6)
Closer Lance Brooks, who has yet to impress in his small appearance there will get the start today. He's only a two pitch hurler, but we'll see how he does. He didn't inspire much confidence to me in the first half, but stamina wasn't an issue as he seemed to get better and better as the game went on. 8.2 IP (boo) with 2 earned. Everyone gets a hit, with Hard, DiGiulio, and Salas getting 2. Homeruns for Dirven, DiGiulio, Duggins, and Hard. 8-2 for Ducks, and it felt more lopsided than that.

INJURY NEWS
Joe Miller went out in overtime in the first game against the Rascals, which was worriesome because he looks like an amazing fielder, who is also hitting greatly above my expectations. A relieving email comes in today though, wait, I was going to check my team trainer's name to see who to say told me "it's only an elbow sprain and he's DtD for five days" but I have no staff at all in my majors? I don't know what to make of that, I looked at other teams and they don't have anyone either, and I can't offer my guys a contract again anymore. Well, whatever. Miller won't be out long!

Game 13 (6-6)
For a team with nothing going for them and an abhorrent ERA I sure didn't notice it. Loaiza sends two home on an RBI double to tie it in the 8th, but we lose on a walkoff double off 1B Jeff Irvin. 4-3 Milwaukee as they triple their wins total in this series. Skinner goes 7 innings with 7 K, Hosino (1-1) credited with the loss in 1.2 IP allowing 3 hits and is at a 6.55 ERA on the season.

LEAGUE NEWS
CF Melvin Contreras gets the SDL Player of the Week award, hitting .556 (10-18) with a homer and 5 RBIs.

Boston Seadogs' Matt Hansen wins it in the FBL, hitting .500 with a single homer as well, with 12 RBI.

Philly still has a big lead on the power rankings, 182.0 points and an 11-2 season record puts them way ahead early on. Portland drops a couple spots down to 15th (80.1) and Dallas works their way up to 22nd, giving the title to the Memphis Fighters for worst team (19.7, 2-10 record). They're last in the FBL for OBP, ERA, and defensive eff. Yikes.

MINOR LEAGUES
In the Minor Leagues our AAA affiliate the Screaming Eagles aren't off to a great start, 1-6, while the Barton Creek Robins (AA) and Wadesboro Whalers (A) are both 3-4.