Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #21
rworth88
Minors (Double A)

Otto Velez, he was a serviceable player IRL , I think he had around 75 homers in 10 years in the bigs, in my Jays historical game, currently in 1983 (started in '77) and he's closing in on 250, he also won an MVP in '79 and lead the AL in homers 3 straight years, so I keep bringing him back.
rworth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #22
Swede_06
Minors (Rookie Ball)

George "Shotgun" Shuba

George Shuba Statistics and History | Baseball-Reference.com

It has been my pleasure, to get to know George, and listen to his stories about his Brooklyn teammates,
"The biggest thrill a ballplayer can have is when your son takes after you. That happened when my Bobby was in his championship Little League game. He really showed me something. Struck out three times. Made an error that lost the game. Parents were throwing things at our car and swearing at us as we drove off. Gosh, I was proud."...Bob Uecker
Swede_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #23
Michael Xavier
Major Leagues

Willard Schmidt and Hal Bevan turned into no name phenoms in one of my favorite historical recreation leagues.
Michael Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:42 AM   #24
jdono927
Minors (Double A)

Toad Ramsey...551 wins in my most recent historical

Last edited by jdono927; 11-24-2014 at 11:23 AM.
jdono927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:13 AM   #25
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

The fore mentioned Toad, Billy Hamilton V1.0 and Noodles Hahn
Toad has been a beast in a lot of lgs, BH is an OBP/stealing machine, Noodles is another Toad but when hits age 30 I trade him. I know its just coincidence/small sample but about 1/3 or so of time Noodles has a CEI/multiple SEI's by age 27-28 ish and seems to generally go into decline early by age 30-32, longest he ever lasted is ~34. I have lost him twice in his 2nd season, both after ROY with one of them also a POY.

Hamilton wins 5+ batting titles and 1000+ sbs (highest was around 1800ish) in the vast majority of sims

Last edited by MarkInCincy; 11-25-2014 at 07:16 AM.
MarkInCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #26
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slic1149 View Post
Bill Bergen Statistics and History | Baseball-Reference.com

I have always related to catcher Bill Bergen, the worst hitter in "modern" baseball history. He must have been a great catcher to make up for his horrible offense.
His defense was thought to be above average by the metrics we have from back then, but your friend is still ranked as the worst player of all-time by WAR (a putrescent -13.5), which factors in defense, because of his horrendous bat. I'm stunned he was able to last 11 seasons, but I guess they didn't have as many players back then as they have now. Terrible, terrible baseball player, but I guess somebody has to be the worst of all-time.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #27
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Biff Pocoroba Statistics and History | Baseball-Reference.com

backup C for the Braves. I was a kid, but for whatever reason I always wanted him to do good. My favorite player outside the handful of stars on the team
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #28
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
His defense was thought to be above average by the metrics we have from back then, but your friend is still ranked as the worst player of all-time by WAR (a putrescent -13.5), which factors in defense, because of his horrendous bat. I'm stunned he was able to last 11 seasons, but I guess they didn't have as many players back then as they have now. Terrible, terrible baseball player, but I guess somebody has to be the worst of all-time.
he's bad all right but he's no Hank Aaron XXIV
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #29
georgecf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Elmer Valo

Elmer Valo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
georgecf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #30
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Tom Long, Lord of the Triples
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #31
cwatrous17
Bat Boy

James Burke
Attached Images
cwatrous17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:23 PM   #32
cwatrous17
Bat Boy

He's the all-time wins leader in my historical sim too.
cwatrous17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #33
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

My avatar

George Wood (baseball) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:50 PM   #34
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Razor Shines, http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=shines001ant

One of the all-time greatest guys you'd ever meet IRL, a career Minor Leaguer I watched him play for years in the 80's for the AAA Indianapolis Indians in that time frame I saw some really great Major Leaguers roll through like Deliano Deshields, Marquis Grissom,Andres Gallarraga , Larry Walker, and some Big Lug with a wild arm and 100mph Fasball named Randy Johnson long before he was "The Big Unit". This was after having the joy of watching the Indians as the Cincinnati Reds farm team in the 70's as they built the Big Red Machine. Man, looking back I saw some really great Players before they ever stepped foot onto a ML Diamond. How Lucky I was indeed!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 01-30-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:44 PM   #35
Walkoffman
Minors (Single A)

1960s-early 70s

Position player: George (not Ernie) Banks. The real player hit more than 200 HRs in the minors, transferred that energy to the majors in OOTP.

Pitcher: Dave Morehead. Real fireballer, lost control later in his career.

I think everyone has heard of Darrell Evans - rated the best career sub- .250 hitter by some - and Roy White. The game loves them, if they stay healthy. Take a chance on them!
Walkoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:27 AM   #36
Anthropoid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not much of a baseball buff, much less a baseball history buff. But it is a fascinating game.

The interesting character I discovered playing the game so far, is Addie Joss. The neat thing is, when I traded him from Philadelphia (where he had been drafted as a rookie in 1902 I guess) I really had no idea the guy had any real fame.

He along with Cy Young (who, yes! I had heard of before) are the two best pitchers in the major leagues right now, and make a rather perfect two-man starting rotation really.

Anthropoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #37
krw0900
Minors (Single A)

Sheldon Burnside (1978-1980 with Tigers and Reds). He was my boss at UPS in the early to mid 90s and I always like to see if he can improve on his historical record of 19G and a 2-1 record.

Sheldon got married when he was in AA and moved back to Montgomery after his playing days were over. Lance Parrish was his best friend and best man at his wedding. Trammell, Whitaker and Morris were on those 76-77 Montgomery Rebel teams as well. I was only 7 years old but my Dad would take me to those games and swear it was the best team he ever saw in his life.
krw0900 is offline   Reply With Quote