Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #81
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P464: Good Luck, Warbirds!

Stone Island awaits...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #82
Orion
Major Leagues

Wow, We DID it, we beat the whale! After a spectacular regular season where we got the wild card despite being in the same division as the whale, we get matched up in the division series and, propelled by CG shutouts by Pedro and Waddell, finish them off in 4! I get another whale in the sub-league series but who cares, we took on the best team in the league and won.
Attached Images

Last edited by Orion; 01-19-2020 at 05:12 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:05 PM   #83
Orion
Major Leagues

It's on! Big Mo on our side.
Attached Images

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:05 PM   #84
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P464 Update Time!

The Rilzemer Deifel impressively took the Adirondack LOLCats to 5 games in the Division Series--even leading 2 games to 1!--but could not pull off the amazing upset. The LG Twins did knock off my old friends, the St. Louis Cardinals, in 5. In the AC Sub-League Series, the LOLCats currently lead 1-0.

Meanwhile...
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2020, 05:13 PM   #85
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Frogs got thru the dreaded Wild Card game with a 1-0 win over the Madison Tycoons. Richie Ashburn broke a scoreless tie with a walkoff RBI single in the 9th inning.

But, 2061 champions was not to be for the Frogs. We faced a very familiar foe in Long Beach-Compton, but appeared to have already used up all the offense allotted for this season. The Frogs bowed out weakly in the DS, losing 2-3, 0-2, and 5-7 (10 innings).

Good luck to daves (and to those marooned in the whale league). The Auburn Doubledays are still alive in P441 and will face a pretty large underdog before taking on the winner of Monterey Bay/Long Beach-Compton in the PL Series.

On the positive side of things, we pulled a 100 Lefty Grove from a pack last night. The Frogs also escaped punishment once again by applying a bit too late to the whale league. Oh shucks...

I would suggest a reformation of the Old Timer 5, but I'm guessing nobody wants to hear that coming from me at this point.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:21 PM   #86
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Mission Accomplished!

The Warbirds completed their divisional comeback. It only took an 18 game win streak to do it. Was the push worth it!
The Warbirds will have an easier path in the playoffs. The stay out of the wildcard and the harder division opponent (Stone Island).
The divisional matchup with be against the sub .500 Santa Ana Stampede.

I was sure your team wouldn't catch USC and then when I checked in right at the end, I was shocked to see the Warbirds on top. That was an amazing comeback! Congrats! Good luck in your series vs Stone Island.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #87
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I was sure your team wouldn't catch USC and then when I checked in right at the end, I was shocked to see the Warbirds on top. That was an amazing comeback! Congrats! Good luck in your series vs Stone Island.
I have checked in now.

tied 1-1 in the series. That split at Stone Island is a win. The Warbirds have been lights out at home playing at .815 including a sweep of Stone Island.

Stone Island incorporates a 4 man LH opener(limited pitch count) strategy and heavy LH lineup. This matches their park set up. They played at .840 at home and only .667 on the road.
The Warbirds (on game 9) switched to a beneficial RHB park factors and have strong RHB platoon so we are feeling confident.

Do we have to win all 3 at home? Can we steal one in their park if needed? Will the Island get revenge and make this post a waste of all of our time?
Old 01-19-2020, 05:58 PM   #88
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons didn't make the playoffs for the 1st time since our time in a whale league that had 15 whales in it (20 years ago). But it wasn't the whales that did us in this year, we just didn't do well even against the lesser teams.

So an update to our performance vs the better teams in the league. I "promoted" the Warbirds to whale status and the Suns to mini-whale.

vs Whales:
Warbirds 17-21 .447
Red Raiders 13-19 .406
Raccoons 22-34 .393

vs Mini-Whales:
Warbirds: 8-2 .800
Red Raiders: 30-11 .732
Raccoons: 15-12 .556

Total vs whales/mini-whales:
Red Raiders: 43-30 .589
Warbirds: 25-23 .521
Raccoons: 37-46 .446

Whales: LOLCats, Cardinals, Trojans, Stone Island, Soniqs, Warbirds
Mini-whales: Raccoons, Red Raiders, Deifel, Twins, Asbury, Suns

vs all non-whales (final records):
Warbirds: 102-22 .823 (119-43 .735)
Red Raiders: 97-33 .746 (110-52 .679)
Raccoons: 70-36 .660 (92-70 .568)

So... If any of you are contemplating joining an all (or mostly) whale league, then look at our records above and reconsider. If we were to join an all whale league, we'd almost certainly be sent back to diamond. Compared to the teams in diamond, we'd look like a whale and we'd no doubt play like one too. Could be interesting as could the beating we'd take in an all whale league, but I don't think I'm up to it at the moment (lack of time to micromanage like I'd like). So if any of you do want to join a whale league, please let me know and unfriend me for now.

I do wonder if someone from this small group of whales still has my team friended, because this is the 2nd time out of the 4 times I've used the friends feature (besides the other 2 times where I intentionally joined them) where I've ended up with them even though I have none of them friended. If someone doesn't unfriend you, can you be still paired with them, I wonder?
Old 01-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #89
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

I decided not to join the whale league for now, but I would gladly have waittilnextyear and old timer as my only friends (aw) so we could, at least, be placed together again next season...assuming everyone remembers to set the League Placement Setting to "Use Friends List" <ahem>.

Old 01-19-2020, 06:57 PM   #90
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P464: Come on, Warbirds!!

Almost there...
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2020, 07:06 PM   #91
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I have checked in now.

tied 1-1 in the series. That split at Stone Island is a win. The Warbirds have been lights out at home playing at .815 including a sweep of Stone Island.

Stone Island incorporates a 4 man LH opener(limited pitch count) strategy and heavy LH lineup. This matches their park set up. They played at .840 at home and only .667 on the road.
The Warbirds (on game 9) switched to a beneficial RHB park factors and have strong RHB platoon so we are feeling confident.

Do we have to win all 3 at home? Can we steal one in their park if needed? Will the Island get revenge and make this post a waste of all of our time?
Warbirds win 2 of 3 at home and now travel back to the Island where it has been a tough place to win.
With 2 chances to move on to the waiting LOLcats will the Warbirds tinker with the vs LH lineup or let the hot play continue.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:18 PM   #92
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Frogs got thru the dreaded Wild Card game with a 1-0 win over the Madison Tycoons. Richie Ashburn broke a scoreless tie with a walkoff RBI single in the 9th inning.

But, 2061 champions was not to be for the Frogs. We faced a very familiar foe in Long Beach-Compton, but appeared to have already used up all the offense allotted for this season. The Frogs bowed out weakly in the DS, losing 2-3, 0-2, and 5-7 (10 innings).

Good luck to daves (and to those marooned in the whale league). The Auburn Doubledays are still alive in P441 and will face a pretty large underdog before taking on the winner of Monterey Bay/Long Beach-Compton in the PL Series.

On the positive side of things, we pulled a 100 Lefty Grove from a pack last night. The Frogs also escaped punishment once again by applying a bit too late to the whale league. Oh shucks...

I would suggest a reformation of the Old Timer 5, but I'm guessing nobody wants to hear that coming from me at this point.
I was hoping (Hopping) to face the Frogs. 124 Wins is a lot for a Wild Card.

Silicon Valley losing streak continued as they lost the wildcard game as well. Texas took the Doubledays to 5 games before we could move on. Stafford Rangers currently putting up a fight in the ACCS.

Amazing to pull a Perfect card out of a pack.

Last edited by daves; 01-19-2020 at 07:19 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:46 PM   #93
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
I decided not to join the whale league for now, but I would gladly have waittilnextyear and old timer as my only friends (aw) so we could, at least, be placed together again next season...assuming everyone remembers to set the League Placement Setting to "Use Friends List" <ahem>.
OK, I will keep you friended for next week then. I will unfriend old timer, though, just in case he wants to go totally "wild."

FYI, see pic for current league placement setting.

If a few other people want to join, that's cool. The whale invitational next week should prevent being placed in whale league.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #94
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Hmm...My Flyers vs. baugh5's SA Cotton Rats!
Attached Images

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:09 PM   #95
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

Stan Coveleski is going super saiyan for me in Diamond .374. Current playoff stats:

34 IP, 4-0, 1.32 ERA, 0.74 WHIP, 0 HR allowed, 21 strikeouts, 3 walks.

I like my championship odds.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:15 PM   #96
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Warbirds win 2 of 3 at home and now travel back to the Island where it has been a tough place to win.
With 2 chances to move on to the waiting LOLcats will the Warbirds tinker with the vs LH lineup or let the hot play continue.
Off to Adirondack! Let the hot play continue was the managerial strategy applied.

Due to the difference in RD - 639-377 - the LOLcats are the favorites.
The Warbirds on the other hand are hot. Winning their last 19 reg games as well as holding the best post-AS game record. In fact they are a 7.5 games better than the LOLcats.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:42 PM   #97
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Off to Adirondack! Let the hot play continue was the managerial strategy applied.

Due to the difference in RD - 639-377 - the LOLcats are the favorites.
The Warbirds on the other hand are hot. Winning their last 19 reg games as well as holding the best post-AS game record. In fact they are a 7.5 games better than the LOLcats.
Here's hoping the Warbirds have the last laugh!

...I'll show myself out.

Old 01-19-2020, 09:31 PM   #98
dbqs
Major Leagues

Aw hey, came back from a 3-1 deficit in the league championship to make it to the finals! Up against the Flagstaff 49ers... this is gonna be tough.
Career year for Appling and Big Ed was just 0.07 ERA away from the triple crown...

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:42 PM   #99
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Here's hoping the Warbirds have the last laugh!

...I'll show myself out.
2 lopsided losses and were heading home.

Is this another PL finals and another loss coming up for the Warbirds.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:18 PM   #100
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
OK, I will keep you friended for next week then. I will unfriend old timer, though, just in case he wants to go totally "wild."

FYI, see pic for current league placement setting.

If a few other people want to join, that's cool. The whale invitational next week should prevent being placed in whale league.

Put me back please.