Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #101
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Next update can we get Chris Stewart and Brian Boyle un retired please since they were both recently signed.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:59 PM   #102
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Next update can we get Chris Stewart and Brian Boyle un retired please since they were both recently signed.
Stewart will be, but Boyle isn't retired in the game, just a free agent.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #103
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Manager - Options - Exit Auto-Play (bottom-right corner), then you can adjust which injury lengths you get warnings for and, on the next line, whether you get them for minor injuries and, if so, how serious the minor injury needs to be to trigger the warning.
Thanks, when you say warning you mean the pop up right? Will they should up in my news feed also?
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:47 PM   #104
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
I noticed this in 5, and it still persists in 6 - perhaps there's a reason for it.

During the regular season you can click on the score in the box (lower left mgrs home page) (see circle on attached image) and it takes you to the score sheet for that game.

During the playoffs, the link does not work. Clicking does nothing.

Why is that?

Tks, awesome game.
It's working fine for me in the playoffs, I left-click and it opens the boxscore. Is that happening in every save for you?
Old 10-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #105
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by #4BobbyOrr View Post
Thanks, when you say warning you mean the pop up right? Will they should up in my news feed also?
It should, although now that I look at it, the lowest setting doesn't seem to be working properly. We'll see what's going wrong there.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:23 PM   #106
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's working fine for me in the playoffs, I left-click and it opens the boxscore. Is that happening in every save for you?
It happened the last 2 play-offs. I'm just starting season 3 now, so I'll watch for it when play-offs come up again.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:44 PM   #107
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Stewart will be, but Boyle isn't retired in the game, just a free agent.
Hmmm...in my current save he's showing retired. I'll try to start another save and see if that's still the case. He may have retired during my save. **edit** Yep, he retired in my save so just Stewart.

Last edited by Savoie45; 10-23-2019 at 12:05 AM.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:28 AM   #108
CM_Balkoth
Minors (Triple A)

I probably missed this while I was creating the fictional league, but is there an option or way to have your league have realistic salaries and budgets? Currently in 1917 with massive budgets and players with 8-10 mil salaries hahaha
CM_Balkoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #109
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

Do players have familiarity with systems that we should be aware of? for example lets say you go from one type of power play to another... will there be an adjustment period?

additionally, does putting a player in a role impact their development? for example lets say I have a player who is skilled offensively but use them in more a two-way forward role should I expect their defensive ratings to improve more relative to their other skills?
Old 10-23-2019, 06:47 PM   #110
jldante56
Major Leagues

What do the 'U' and 'P' stand for in the training screen and what do they mean? Can't find an explanation in the manual. Thanks.
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:20 AM   #111
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
What do the 'U' and 'P' stand for in the training screen and what do they mean? Can't find an explanation in the manual. Thanks.
U and C, you mean? If you hover over the column header, it explains them: U means the player is currently unhappy with the team, which affects their development, and C is a competition-level issue: either the player is too good for this level or in over his head, either of which can hurt development.

If you mean (P) after the player's name, the league has a roster requirement for a minimum number of prospects, and that player qualifies as one.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:29 AM   #112
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrtoothtiger View Post
Do players have familiarity with systems that we should be aware of? for example lets say you go from one type of power play to another... will there be an adjustment period?

additionally, does putting a player in a role impact their development? for example lets say I have a player who is skilled offensively but use them in more a two-way forward role should I expect their defensive ratings to improve more relative to their other skills?
Yes, tactical changes have a possibility of triggering an adjustment period for the player, that's new in FHM6. Until the player "learns" the new tactic (the checks for this involve the ratings of both the player and the head coach), he doesn't get any tactical tendency adjustments - i.e. he won't do exactly what you want until he figures things out.

The role doesn't impact the player's ratings development, but players may decide to make a shift in their playing style (this is via their internal template, visible in the edit screen, not their role) in some situations if they think it'll get them more ice time. That, in turn, will affect the way specific ratings develop. So if a player goes from a very offensive style to a two-way one, his defensive attributes will tend to improve more than if he stuck in the offensive style.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:29 AM   #113
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM_Balkoth View Post
I probably missed this while I was creating the fictional league, but is there an option or way to have your league have realistic salaries and budgets? Currently in 1917 with massive budgets and players with 8-10 mil salaries hahaha
Not yet, but we'll look at it. May be some issues with doing it outside the historical mode.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:16 PM   #114
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yes, tactical changes have a possibility of triggering an adjustment period for the player, that's new in FHM6. Until the player "learns" the new tactic (the checks for this involve the ratings of both the player and the head coach), he doesn't get any tactical tendency adjustments - i.e. he won't do exactly what you want until he figures things out.

The role doesn't impact the player's ratings development, but players may decide to make a shift in their playing style (this is via their internal template, visible in the edit screen, not their role) in some situations if they think it'll get them more ice time. That, in turn, will affect the way specific ratings develop. So if a player goes from a very offensive style to a two-way one, his defensive attributes will tend to improve more than if he stuck in the offensive style.
Is there anyway to see if a player is making this transition? very realistic especially when you consider players who are goal scorers in junior and then have to transition to more of a grinder role in the pros in order to have a career. Do personality traits help drive this change as well?
Old 10-24-2019, 02:33 PM   #115
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrtoothtiger View Post
Is there anyway to see if a player is making this transition? very realistic especially when you consider players who are goal scorers in junior and then have to transition to more of a grinder role in the pros in order to have a career. Do personality traits help drive this change as well?
Not at the moment, other than by opening up the edit view and checking his template to see if it's become something different. I think at the time we added it I was concerned about the amount of messages it might generate if we e.g. added an email alert when it happened. But thinking about it a little more, we could probably do something like add a message from your coaches saying the player is taking a new approach to the game, when it happens to somebody on a team that you're controlling.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #116
bigbanan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Brayden Schenn extended contract with Blues and Namestnikov trade to Ottawa - i hope will be in next update.

I have a question about lines of my team. How can I switch players between lines now? In this game`s version I can`t use only simple one click of a computer mouse, right?
bigbanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:25 PM   #117
renojedi
Major Leagues

The above question made me think of another roster question. I know rosters are as of opening day until you make a post trade deadline one. But, do you still tinker with rating s or "under the hood" things with each player in the current day NHL set up in each new update?

I ask because I know some of this happens with OOTP and only works with new saves. Just curious if it is worth doing a new save to get those changes.

Last edited by renojedi; 10-25-2019 at 06:15 PM.
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:29 PM   #118
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

is it possible to lock players to lines as GM only? if not are there plans to add it in the future?
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:30 PM   #119
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi View Post
The above question made me think of another roster question. I know rosters are as of opening day until you make a post trade deadline one. But, do you still tinker with rating s or "under the hood" things with each player in the current day NHL set up in each new update?

I ask because I know some of this happens with OOTP and only works with new saves. Just curious if it is worth doing a new save to get those changes.
Players will get adjusted. I can't guarantee that there will be a full roster update, but we usually did one around Christmas, although we may do some smaller things sooner. You can create your own quickstarts though and keep it up to date yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerino View Post
is it possible to lock players to lines as GM only? if not are there plans to add it in the future?
No, that's the Head Coaches job. If you want to control lines, be the Head Coach too.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:52 AM   #120
Mr. Economics
Bat Boy

Can you transfer historical save from FHM 5 to FHM 6 or is it just for standard games?
Mr. Economics is offline   Reply With Quote