Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:09 PM   #21
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I have not run away...Have I?
It took you more than 12 hours to post something just as vague as the initial post. I guess it's semantics.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #22
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Depends on the level of the stalking guy's stalking skill.
Word on street is that he is a level 6 stalker, but if he keeps it up at his current pace, he will be level 7 soon enough.
ScudDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:54 PM   #23
joehart
All Star Starter

I clearly need an explanation as well.

My kids look at other teams! They are stalkers?
My kids make notes about players on other teams? Stalkers?
They add year end results to excel / dB. Stalkers?
We make comments about other teams and players in the forum? Stalkers?

How do we ensure we don’t also offend?

I suggest everyone remind themselves that this is a game and to enjoy the efforts from the OOTP team.

It also helps to re-read the developer rules in case there is something more malicious going on that suggests a message to the development team.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:55 PM   #24
matingly23
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
I´m not trying to be rude or anything, but how does one know one is being stalked if one doesn´t know who is doing the stalking?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4AA...=youtu.be&t=86
matingly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:27 AM   #25
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Depends on the level of the stalking guy's stalking skill.
Or the level of paranoia or the potential stalkee.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:30 AM   #26
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
I´m not trying to be rude or anything, but how does one know one is being stalked if one doesn´t know who is doing the stalking?
It's probably you, Pat.

I don't know if stalking was the perfect term, but if you were being "stalked", "followed" or someone was following your activity/interfering with you, in life, or over a network, you don't need to know their identity to know that it's taking place. Si? Si, Si.

Feels like some of you just want to know the details, which I can't get into rrrright nowww.

Can't say anything truly wrong really even happened...but definitely interference & was bothersome. And specifically mentioned level of "monitoring" other players because the level of that is unconformatably high at times...you know how these things go...probably, so...

"I'm not paranoid, I'm just overly alert." -Buck Showalter

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 06-30-2019 at 03:35 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:57 AM   #27
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

A day plus several posts later and this thread is still as unclear as ever...

I just hope if the OP is going through a real, legitimate bad experience, that he can alert the authorities or his network service provider. If it's an imagined bad time, that he make an appointment to see a doctor about it.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:08 AM   #28
justpatrick
Major Leagues

I guess I am just naive to the ways of stalking because I would think that with so much of our activity hidden, such as strategy and who we bid on and so on, the only "stalking" I can think of is making adjustments within the stalker´s team to counteract the adjustments you make on your team, which would simply be good managing. Or perhaps they see you are in the market for a good player and they try to buy up all the best options, which would be weird but not outside the realm of possibility.

And yes, in real life you can see the stranger peaking around the corner, but how would you know it here without knowing who it is? Is your virtual coffee cup not in the same place you virtually left it in your virtual manager´s office?

If you really feel something is amiss I think you would be better served making a private complaint to the devs rather than posting cryptic messages here for all of us to gawk at. Good luck, I hope you get it all sorted out.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:05 AM   #29
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

I suggest everyone remind themselves that this is a game and to enjoy the efforts from the OOTP team.

It also helps to re-read the developer rules in case there is something more malicious going on that suggests a message to the development team.

The kiddos are welcome to "stalk"{giggles into my coffee cup} my teams always.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:10 AM   #30
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
I guess I am just naive to the ways of stalking because I would think that with so much of our activity hidden, such as strategy and who we bid on and so on, the only "stalking" I can think of is making adjustments within the stalker´s team to counteract the adjustments you make on your team, which would simply be good managing. Or perhaps they see you are in the market for a good player and they try to buy up all the best options, which would be weird but not outside the realm of possibility.
All of what you said sound like good strategies and being rewarded for dedicating the time to do some scouting.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:29 AM   #31
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

How's

the peeping, Tommy?
Attached Images

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:20 PM   #32
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:

And yes, in real life you can see the stranger peaking around the corner, but how would you know it here without knowing who it is? Is your virtual coffee cup not in the same place you virtually left it in your virtual manager´s office?

If you really feel something is amiss I think you would be better served making a private complaint to the devs rather than posting cryptic messages here for all of us to gawk at. Good luck, I hope you get it all sorted out.
Patrick it is just the same on a network, some activity is just some activity until I identify the source of the activity. If I go to watch a replay and my team is playing at Citi Field and the pitcher is throwing to 1st base as if it's home, I automatically know who it is? When I set my BP factors for a season and it's about the only change I make from one season to the next in this case, and they revert to the season's before even though I double checked about a half-hour before the said season started, I'm supposed to know what went on?

Old 06-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #33
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

All I'm saying is some of you are talking like strategy is strategy. Clearly there is a place where the line needs to be drawn, even if it's my own line... I'll do what I can if it's something malicious, obviously, maybe find a fancy router that makes it difficult for anyone but me to access my team btw, not theirs....

And I invite you to share all of your strategies if it doesn't matter one way or another. Some of us would, but other times, a strategy might be...err..."gray", and you might use that strategy but never want to come forth admitting it. I am not saying this is the case here...a change of camera angle was harmless, but the BP factor thing was concerning my ballpark customization again, and again it was altered in a humorous or strategic way.

In baseball strategy, I doubt we've covered all the things to cover in the rule book yet for do's and don'ts in this relatively new platform.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:35 PM   #34
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

Well, I'm surprised everything but global & player strats are openly viewable. You know, the next pitcher and their lineup for the next game I thought might suffice.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:36 PM   #35
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

...are you suggesting that someone hacked into your account just to make your ballpark factors stay the same as the previous season and to change the camera angle of the simulations?

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:37 PM   #36
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

there was a lot of posting that didn't clear much up but I didn't do much of it. I said please limit your monitoring of other teams because of my experience. And that's all I said. Guess I picked a bad title. Definitely didn't have to be Cyber-Stalking. Whoops, I did it again.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:39 PM   #37
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
...are you suggesting that someone hacked into your account just to make your ballpark factors stay the same as the previous season and to change the camera angle of the simulations?
No, you are.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:39 PM   #38
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
No, you are.
Ooh, got 'em.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:50 PM   #39
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I see lots of crazy talk...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:59 PM   #40
KWhit
Major Leagues

What even is this thread?

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote