Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Corny question, but was thinking this for myself

Do you have your own "baseball space" for playing OOTP? Like a designated place for your computer where MLB (or MiLB, Independent, etc.) stuff is up like banners, pennants, stickers, caps, etc.
I was considering this and was just curious of how many of you might have done this and how you decorated it.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:41 PM   #2
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Indeed, I have my own 'man cave' with all of my baseball stuff (and fishing poles ). I have a TV and a computer so I can watch baseball and play OOTP at the same time. I got all my baseball caps that I bought at each teams souvenir shop during my travels. My Pecos League Tucson Saguaros cap and my throwback 1969 Tucson Toros (PCL) flannel. My 15,000 baseball card collection, my baseball books and all of the baseballs that I caught at games with signatures. It's a mess right now though I had it nice at one point

Last edited by D-BacksJosh; 04-19-2018 at 11:40 PM.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #3
Tunnelrunner
Minors (Single A)

I don't have a set up as fancy as that as a single guy.
:shrugs: My whole townhouse is a Man Cave so I play wherever.

But usually I play at my kitchen table with my MacBook.

Last edited by Tunnelrunner; 04-20-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Tunnelrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #4
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Being single and childless and living alone, much like Tunnelrunner I don't have need for a set aside space. (Can't imagine sharing living quarters with anyone ever again.) So mostly I sit in my living room with my laptop hooked up to my television to play. My not insubstantial baseball book collection (and many sets of Strat-O-Matic and Replay cards) are in another room. But I will admit that when I first started playing OOTP this past Fall, I went out and purchased a few whiteboards and those are sitting up on my living room couch to help me keep track of my OOTP projects. In addition to several notebooks, spiral binders, etc. I love playing on the computer but I still seem to have a need for the analog approach as well. (Admittedly, as I've gained a bit more knowledge of OOTP I don't use the whiteboards as much as I first did, but it comforts me to have them there for recording the big picture stuff.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:46 AM   #5
5-4-3
Minors (Double A)

Whiteboards! The business approach! I love it.

I only have a small whiteboard. It’s in my kitchen. It only has an inspirational quote (“Arm yourself because no one else here will save you“) and a note my girlfriend wrote telling me she loves me on it.

But I might just get a big whiteboard. I’d have to stash it when the girlfriend comes over, though. Because I do consulting work on top of having a professional position, the existence of a powerful laptop in my living room is something that makes sense to her. I told her that I got the giant TV so she could enjoy her movies more. She never wonders why there is a long HDMI cable next to my laptop. If she ever does I’ll talk about how plans display better on a very large screen.

Me? Odd hobbies? Of course not.

Heh.
5-4-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:48 PM   #6
Aumakua
Major Leagues

my office is my man cave, actually not much baseball stuff in here (autographed Jordan wings poster right above monitor though).

I do always play with a baseball sitting next to me on the desk, often tossing it and spinning it.

I also have my OOTP Folder, with my leagues progression all mapped out (charts and excel files, what to change each year/decade, notes...)

have thought about printing out some baseball cards from my league, don't judge, haha.
Aumakua is offline   Reply With Quote