Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #61
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P404: RealMadrid Will Face...

...the Huntley Red Raiders!

Huntley entered the 9th inning of game 7 with a 3-0 lead and Mariano Rivera on the mound. But a single by Ichiro, a double by Roger Connor, and a double by Richie Ashburn cut Huntley's lead to 1.

Vida Blue came into the game with Ashburn on second and nobody out. George Brett flew out, but Hank Aaron walked. Oscar Charleston followed with a single. Ashburn raced home, but Mickey Mantle came up throwing and gunned him down at the plate! It was all down to Vlad Jr, who banged a single toward Mantle. Aaron rounded third, Mantle gathered the ball and threw home...but this time the runner beat the throw, and Washington tied the game!

Blue got Joe DiMaggio to fly out, but the damage was done.

Fast-forward to the bottom of the 10th. Huntley's Lou Boudreau led off with a double off Washington's Rivera. Eppa Rixey jogged in from the bullpen. He induced a groundout from Jackie Robinson and another groundout by Ozzie Smith that advanced Boudreau to third. With 2 outs, Barry Bonds calmly took 2 balls and then shot a single into the outfield. Boudreau raced home, and for the 14th time, Huntley advanced to the Perfect League Series!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:05 PM   #62
Orion
Major Leagues

And we're eliminated as the bullpen loses the game again this time by blowing a 4 run lead in the 8th. Suddenly realizing I probably built this team with the wrong goals in mind. The team will probably be pretty respectable at Perfect level, but I see now I built it wrong for the long haul...This team, while well designed to win baseball games, is not well designed to generate free points from acheivements. Getting difficult to make profits from collections, and don't intend to spend any more rl money, so unsure how to improve without a tank + rebuild that I don't find appealing.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:27 PM   #63
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P404: It All Comes Down to This...Again

In 2047, the RealMadrid El Blanco faced off against the Huntley Red Raiders in the Perfect League Series. It was an epic, back-and-forth affair, with most games decided by 1 lone run, but in the end, RealMadrid prevailed, 4 games to 3.

In 2052, Huntley again faced RealMadrid, this time in the Sub-League Series. Again, it was a classic, coming down to a game 7, but this time, the Red Raiders had their revenge, taking the series 4 games to 3.

Now here we are in 2060, and once again, it is RealMadrid El Blanco vs the Huntley Red Raiders, again in the Perfect League Series. Will Huntley avenge its loss in 2047 and achieve its eighth Perfect League title? Or will RealMadrid win when it counts again, adding a second victory over Huntley as its 10th Perfect League title? All will be decided...now.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:37 PM   #64
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons will be in their 4th straight WS! Back in 2057, we won the WS. In 2058, we survived the Division of Doom only to lose in game 7 of the WS. In 2059, we took the Bronx Bombers to game 7 of the WS only to lose again. And now here we are again. Can we do it again? Can we take it to game 7 only to lose again? Considering our formidable opponent, I'll be surprised if we make it that far.
Attached Images
Old 01-12-2020, 07:58 PM   #65
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Not sure if this is good or bad, but only that it is. Scottsdale doesn't appear to pinch hit much (not that I blame them with that loaded lineup).

Series tied 1-1 and heading to La Crosse.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:25 PM   #66
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Warbirds to the finals!!!

It is their 12th trip to the finals with a record of 4-7.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:38 PM   #67
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P404: It's Another Instant Classic So Far

Game 1: Huntley's Mariano Rivera took the mound in the bottom of the 9th with his Red Raiders clinging to a 2-1 lead over RealMadrid. Curt Schilling had thrown the first 8 innings, giving up a mere 3 hits, 1 walk, and 1 run. Honus Wagner grounded out and King Kelly flew out, and Huntley was 1 out away from a 1-0 series lead.

But then...

Richie Ashburn singled. Ty Cobb singled. Christian Yelich singled, scoring Ashburn. Finally, Zack Wheat singled, scoring Cobb and stealing game 1 for RealMadrid, 3-2.

Game 2: In a back-and-forth affair, Huntley took a 2-0 lead off Cy Young, only to see El Blanco tie it off Rube Waddell. Huntley inched ahead 3-2, but El Blanco tied it and then, a few innings later, took the lead 4-3. Then, in the top of the 6th, Huntley's Ozzie Smith's sacrifice fly scored Mickey Mantle to tie the game, and finally, in the top of the 9th, with two outs and the bases empty, Red Raider Norm Cash drew a walk off Mariano Rivera and Christian Yelich belted a triple, driving home Cash with the winning run.

So, two games, two 1-run games, two 9th-inning game-winning rallies. Just another Huntley-RealMadrid Perfect League Series!

Old 01-12-2020, 09:03 PM   #68
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Almost there...one more little froggies...
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2020, 09:03 PM   #69
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Warbirds to the finals!!!

It is their 12th trip to the finals with a record of 4-7.
Win it! And take that Zack Wheat card in the tourney!

Old 01-12-2020, 09:10 PM   #70
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Win it! And take that Zack Wheat card in the tourney!
That would make for a nice Sunday!

Have Magus in the QF right now.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:44 PM   #71
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P404: Huntley and RealMadrid in a 1-run game? Shocking!

Game 3: Back in Huntley, RealMadrid jumped out to a 1-0 lead over Roger Clemens in the first, but Huntley answered with 2 in the second off Curt Schilling. RealMadrid tallied a run in the fourth and another in the fifth to take a 3-2 lead. In the bottom of the sixth, Huntley scored again to knot the game back up. Finally, in the bottom of the eighth inning, with 2 outs, Red Raider Mickey Mantle singled off Eppa Rixey to score Christian Yelich with the go-ahead, and ultimately winning, run!

Game 4: Well, they can't all be classics: Huntley scored 2 in the first and 5 more in the third off SE 100 Dwight Gooden to win going away, 8-3.

So, it's Huntley, 3 games, to RealMadrid, 1 game. El Blanco's Walter Johnson takes on Red Raider Curt Schilling in game 5...

Old 01-12-2020, 09:47 PM   #72
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
That would make for a nice Sunday!

Have Magus in the QF right now.
Magus in 7. Great series.

Big Walt with 7ER was not sharp.
i just needed 1 of the runs from the first series.
Name:  5e12404f63f46905748046df_2019-10-06_15-34-05.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  404.0 KB

Still have PL series to try and win so we need to regroup.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #73
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

This has been the cheesiest, most-strategic PL Series I've been involved with. I've established that Scottsdale's owner is indeed an active manager/tinkerer.

How do I know? They're reacting to my pitching staff cheese. That's how. And cheesing a little bit of their own, which I like to see.

The series is 3-2 right now, but could go either way. My Frogs probably have a 35% chance at this point, needing to win only once but needing to beat 100 Cy or 100 Walter in the process.

Anyhow, I decided to trot out a 3-man starting rotation of all righties on 40-pitch counts. The bullpen being stacked with lefties, of course. And, somewhere between games 2 and 3 (when Scottsdale went down 2-1 in the series), they responded by inserting TOTY Alex Bregman and raising Josh Gibson's position in the batting order (ostensibly to take advantage of my stream of lefties coming out of the pen).

In addition to those changes, I noticed that he swapped in 100 Schilling to start game 5 after having Schilling in the pen/TOTD Kershaw in the scheduled SP slot mere seconds before the sim. Unbeknownst to them, heh, I had already inserted my vRHP lineup in my 7-day lineups figuring he might try to cheese me back with Kershaw on a pitch count. I still lost the game 5-2, but this series is taking on some layers.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 01-12-2020 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:04 PM   #74
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Wanting to elevate the levels of cheese and obfuscation in this series even further, this is what Scottsdale's owner is now looking at for my SP probables in G6 and G7.

The starter in G5? Stan Coveleski.

That 1-man rotation tho
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2020, 10:04 PM   #75
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

With 4 in the fifth off Curt Schilling and 4 more in the ninth off Eckersley and Brecheen, RealMadrid takes game 5, 8-5, to narrow Huntley's Perfect League Series lead to 3-2. Games 6 and 7 will be in RealMadrid; will the home field fuel El Blanco's comeback? Or can Huntley win a game and the series?

Old 01-12-2020, 10:04 PM   #76
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Tied 1-1 in the PL series.

My opponent (Mocosloco's Green Sox) has not won a PL but finished the year on 15 game win streak and has lost 4 games in 2 months.
They have been very good the last 4 years.

Interesting in the next 5 games there will be three potential Cy vs Maddux matchups.

EDIT:
First Cy vs Maddux battle went to the Warbirds Cy. He actually pitched a 'Throw A Maddux' to beat Maddux.

Last edited by macacks; 01-12-2020 at 10:06 PM.
macacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:31 PM   #77
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

With G6 looming, who to start...who to start? Hmmm...

Decided to leave Coveleski in his 1-man starter role, but with a 20-pitch limit and also set to be benched for 1 game. Then I have Vida Blue set as Emergency SP and a 30-pitch limit. From there I have two of my most rested righties in long relief roles.

It's anyone's guess as to how this will go...but I predict pain.

Hoping for a "long" simulation, but probably won't get it.

Old 01-12-2020, 10:33 PM   #78
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
With G6 looming, who to start...who to start? Hmmm...

Decided to leave Coveleski in his 1-man starter role, but with a 20-pitch limit and also set to be benched for 1 game. Then I have Vida Blue set as Emergency SP and a 30-pitch limit. From there I have two of my most rested righties in long relief roles.

It's anyone's guess as to how this will go...but I predict pain.

Hoping for a "long" simulation, but probably won't get it.
Oof. The AI started Johan Santana instead (5 ER, 1.2 IP) and I lost 5-1. Probably picked Santana b/c he was slightly more rested.

The messed up part about a G7, is the "long" sim doesn't tell you anything about who won.

Old 01-12-2020, 10:36 PM   #79
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Well, that's 3 straight now. As in 3 straight WS losses, but this one was a sweep. We lost the 1st game 3-2 and lost game 2 1-0 to Cy Young.

Game 3 went to the 15th inning all tied at 0, but that ended 3-0. And finally, we lost 8-7 in 11 innings. So they (Gold Saucer Wonder Squares) barely beat us each time, but it's still a sweep. What happened to the WS luck we had? Maybe we can make it back for a 5th straight try? So I guess it's "Wait 'til next year!"

p.s. - It's been fun reading this thread tonight. Good luck to those of you who are left! I look forward to seeing how things end.

Last edited by old timer; 01-12-2020 at 10:39 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:40 PM   #80
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Oof. The AI started Johan Santana instead (5 ER, 1.2 IP) and I lost 5-1. Probably picked Santana b/c he was slightly more rested.

The messed up part about a G7, is the "long" sim doesn't tell you anything about who won.
You can see if you won in your Transaction History before the long sim finishes. You'll see 'Champions!' if you win and bupkis if you lose.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote