Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-15-2018, 03:47 PM   #21
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
You won't see me making fun of that. You're getting the most out of the game. It's impressive and it makes me think that I should try adjusting my team a little when I'm online, before each series. It might win me 2-3 extra games and I am in a very tight race ATM.

I put more time in than most probably, but with me it's all about acquiring the best players I can with a very limited initial budget and using generic platoons and switches to get the best I can out of my limited talent. I spend my time acquiring players in other words. I'm a better GM than manager, and don't usually manage in solo. Like you, I'll probably be burned out by the time the real thing starts.

I'd like to move up to the top level and win before the beta ends. But if I don't, I'd like you to win. That kind of effort deserves it.
Also another important thing (For me ) was adjusting the home park to my players.) That actually was a huge reason for my win last year. This year for some reason not so much. I am still over 60pct winners at home but the way I build my team it hurts me on the road so I need a lot of wins at home. Lol.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #22
Echo127
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Also another important thing (For me ) was adjusting the home park to my players.) That actually was a huge reason for my win last year. This year for some reason not so much. I am still over 60pct winners at home but the way I build my team it hurts me on the road so I need a lot of wins at home. Lol.
How do you adjust your park? It's always grayed out for me. I saw in another post that it can only be changed between seasons, but there was no downtime between season 1 + 2, was there?
Echo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #23
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo127 View Post
How do you adjust your park? It's always grayed out for me. I saw in another post that it can only be changed between seasons, but there was no downtime between season 1 + 2, was there?
I do mine Monday morning before the season starts when it is simulated the first game or so. Someone said we get a week in game play (First 7 games in schedule)to do this but I do it right away. This year I am playing 652 pct at home and am only 1 and a half games ahead at the moment. I have no room for error because my team is not loaded but I am also lucky that my league is not loaded. Last season I played over 700pct ball at home and won by 11 games. Most of that lead came in the last month. This year I am having trouble with my team as far as consistently goes. I have to go out tonight and I am afraid I could fall back in the back because this team needs watching. Lol. I was hoping for a larger lead.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #24
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
I do mine Monday morning before the season starts when it is simulated the first game or so. Someone said we get a week in game play (First 7 games in schedule)to do this but I do it right away.
Correct, this tiny Monday morning window is there only time, which means I'll never be able to adjust my stadium. I strongly encourage the team to find a way to change this, as I imagine many will be in this boat with me.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #25
Echo127
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
Correct, this tiny Monday morning window is there only time, which means I'll never be able to adjust my stadium. I strongly encourage the team to find a way to change this, as I imagine many will be in this boat with me.
Maybe allow it to be changed at anytime, but it will only come into effect at the beginning of a new season?
Echo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:03 PM   #26
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
P.S. Btw, This is killing my fantasy football Team. I have lost 1 game all year and guess when that was? Last week. The week I put in playing PP. My league members have said in a post joking “ Next year they will buy that silly baseball game (OOTP) for me if I keep playing it the rest of football season and leave my roster alone.” Lol....
Same here, I barely managed to set my line-ups ... completely missed checking the waiver wire ... and my OOTP solo leagues are suffering as well
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:11 PM   #27
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo127 View Post
Maybe allow it to be changed at anytime, but it will only come into effect at the beginning of a new season?
This is a great idea, but I have to wonder how feasible it would actually be, considering how PT works by constantly uploading/downloading team data.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:00 AM   #28
waylander
Minors (Double A)

I'm cool with just a beta badge on my manager profile

That said, this mode has been a blast for me. I was lucky enough to win my division in the rookie league, but lost a tough divisional playoff. Currently a half game out of first in A league.

Really considering in investing in some PP when beta is over just to reward Markus and company for this awesome distraction from every day life.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:52 AM   #29
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

I wasnt expecting to like this, but its starting to grow on me. Just wish I k ew anyone in my league
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:59 AM   #30
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
I wasnt expecting to like this, but its starting to grow on me. Just wish I k ew anyone in my league
The same thing happened to me ... initially I thought "Well, that should be fun for some other guys, not for me"

And now I find myself checking my team regularly (an outsider probably would say too often ), probably overmanaging it, but I have fun doing it.

And I can't wait until "real life PT" starts
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:37 AM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
There was a lot less available time between season for changes this Monday because of the server issues that coincided with the season changeover. Typically, there should be more time between Sunday night and Monday morning where you'll be able to set your park up.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:07 PM   #32
captainbuttercream
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
There was a lot less available time between season for changes this Monday because of the server issues that coincided with the season changeover. Typically, there should be more time between Sunday night and Monday morning where you'll be able to set your park up.
Would it be possible to allow players to enter desired park adjustment values during the season that would then automatically be applied at the start of the new season? That way players wouldn't feel pinched to set their values during a brief window of time, but still can't change their park during the actual season.
captainbuttercream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #33
drhay53
Major Leagues

I don't feel like tinkering around with your park to fit your players is a good gameplay model. It would be much better if your park were randomized and you had to tinker around with the players to match the park.

Personally I do not plan to ever touch my park factors. Not interested in going down the path of trying to optimize that.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:11 PM   #34
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
I don't feel like tinkering around with your park to fit your players is a good gameplay model. It would be much better if your park were randomized and you had to tinker around with the players to match the park.

Personally I do not plan to ever touch my park factors. Not interested in going down the path of trying to optimize that.
Actually, that would be kinda cool, especially if it randomized each season.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #35
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
I'm cool with just a badge on my manager profile
Yes, The badge is what I mean.😁
Old 11-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #36
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post

I'm super down with having leagues (OOTP 20 and onward, etc.) with randomized parks, adding 'park cards,' and/or other ideas, but I personally think custom-designing a park and building a team for it is a big part of what makes PT fun.

I wouldn't really enjoy being forced to build a power-based team because I drew a park with a high HR factor, though I can understand how that would be a fun challenge, and might want the option to also do that in addition to my main team.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #37
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We're up to 7200 teams now and 240 leagues!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:08 PM   #38
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We're up to 7200 teams now and 240 leagues!
Good lawd! Thats awesome!
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote