Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Talking Some Perfect Team Universe stats!

OK, let me share a few amazing stats with you:

We now have 79 Class A leagues and 138 Rookie leagues.

In total we have over 6500 teams in the PT Universe at the moment, and every day we get many more (today we have already 65 more additions to the Entry Pool in the last 2 hours).

That means, every 30 minutes the servers simulate > 3000 games, create highlights, box scores, game logs, news, stats etc.

And this is still just the beta. Unbelievable.

Thank you everybody for your support! We had big faith in Pefect Team, but we have been overwhelmed by this reception. Simply stunning.

Markus & the entire OOTP Team
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
yougo1000
All Star Reserve

I'm having a blast with this so far!
Bulls
Hawks
and Kansas JayHawks
yougo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

But seriously...........................

How much longer do I have to sit by and watch these "steam" users spend all kinds of money building up their teams????

I want in - but I don't want steam - Let's get the PP shop ALREADY!!!!

HOW MUCH LONGER BEFORE WE CAN START BUYING POINTS!!????
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post

How much longer do I have to sit by and watch these "steam" users spend all kinds of money building up their teams????

its just beta

we'll all be on a level playing field once it starts for reals
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #5
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Building their teams that will go poof and disappear in a matter of weeks, causing them to have to build it all over again.

And when that happens you can be right there with them if you want.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:55 AM   #6
David7May
Bat Boy

I am not on steam and doing just fine
David7May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #7
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Markus is going to love you!
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #8
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And if my thought dreams could be seen, They’d probably put my head in a guillotine
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:19 PM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:

Monday morning. Just in time for the new (and final) beta season
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:32 PM   #10
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Markus, Some of us have worked very hard to get the records of our Team . I am very proud of my Championship team without 1 platinum or gold card. Why can’t these 3 seasons be on our Managers cards. I look at all the teams in my league to view their lifetime records and I look at mine all the time. 😁
Old 11-15-2018, 12:36 PM   #11
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

And I am on a pace to do it a second time without a Platinum or Gold card so please let us keep our stats lifetime. We actually have earned that.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #12
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
And I am on a pace to do it a second time without a Platinum or Gold card so please let us keep our stats lifetime. We actually have earned that.
You're on pace to win an A ball championship with no Golds or Diamonds? That's amazing. I thought I was overachieving with about half of my roster being silver and didn't think it would be possible to go over .500 with a team like yours.

What are you doing, if you're willing to share? You must be platooning like hell.

Agree that the records should remain, if the beta records are being saved and will be of the same format as the full version.

I'm another one of those tryhards. Saving those records might give some people more incentive to stick with the game once it goes 'real' because there will be continuity.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 11-15-2018 at 01:40 PM.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #13
zrog2000
All Star Starter

There are a few issues with keeping beta records. First, I acknowledge that they don't mean much either way.

But, given that this was a beta, people may have just been playing using really strange strategies just to experiment on what works instead of actually trying to win at all costs all the time. Plus there were bugs that affected the outcomes of these seasons, such as the unlimited card pack bug that existed for about an hour.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #14
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

It's not a big deal either way. And they might not be able to do it even if they wanted to, since the full version might be keeping track of more or different stats than what we're using right now.

But if the data is usable and people want to see it, there's no harm in putting it out there somewhere just for OOTP19 IMHO. This is an unusual situation with a longer and more intensive beta than we'll probably ever see again.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #15
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
You're on pace to win an A ball championship with no Golds or Diamonds? That's amazing. I thought I was overachieving with about half of my roster being silver and didn't think it would be possible to go over .500 with a team like yours.

What are you doing, if you're willing to share? You must be platooning like hell.

Agree that the records should remain, if the beta records are being saved and will be of the same format as the full version.

I'm another one of those tryhards. Saving those records might give some people more incentive to stick with the game once it goes 'real' because there will be continuity.
It will sound very silly but I watch most of my teams game. I watch very closely how each player performs in the clutch and on the field. I scout every team I play against. I change my team and player strategy every series and at times each game depending on who is pitching against us and what Pitcher I have on the mound and adjust my fielding also. I platoon very often and I will not keep any player who is underperforming to my needs at that position. Again, People are now going to make fun of me and the time I put into this but you asked me. I like to win. If you ever play in a league I am in you will never have to worry about me tanking on you. I also give much credit to anyone who wins in my league. That is why each and every game is important to me and why I want what I have done to count. Good or bad. I said before that this is very tough and I wanted to retire after last season and put all my efforts into my Fantasy football team because PP is so time consuming. But it is also very addictive and fun so I played another and might continue until I burn out or get thrown out by my wife. ��

Last edited by Zorro; 11-15-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:08 PM   #16
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Does that mean that "real life" will not start before Monday, Nov 26?

Just asking because I will be away Saturday and Sunday and would hate to miss the real start
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:13 PM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

P.S. Btw, This is killing my fantasy football Team. I have lost 1 game all year and guess when that was? Last week. The week I put in playing PP. My league members have said in a post joking “ Next year they will buy that silly baseball game (OOTP) for me if I keep playing it the rest of football season and leave my roster alone.” Lol....
Old 11-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #18
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Does that mean that "real life" will not start before Monday, Nov 26?

Just asking because I will be away Saturday and Sunday and would hate to miss the real start
Yes, That is how it sounded to me....
Old 11-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #19
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
It will sound very silly to most but I watch every one of my teams game. I watch very closely how each player performs in the clutch and on the field. I scout every team I play against. I change my team and player strategy every series and at times each game depending on who is pitching against us and what Pitcher I have on the mound and adjust my fielding also. I platoon very often and I will not keep any player who is underperforming to my needs at that position. Again, People are now going to make fun of me and the time I put into this but you asked me. I like to win. If you ever play in a league I am in you will never have to worry about me tanking on you. I also give much credit to anyone who wins in my league. That is why each and every game is important to me and why I want what I have done to count. Good or bad. I said before that this is very tough and I wanted to retire after last season and put all my efforts into my Fantasy football team because PP is so time consuming. But it is also very addictive and fun so I played another and might continue until I burn out or get thrown out by my wife. ��
You won't see me making fun of that. You're getting the most out of the game. It's impressive and it makes me think that I should try adjusting my team a little when I'm online, before each series. It might win me 2-3 extra games and I am in a very tight race ATM.

I put more time in than most probably, but with me it's all about acquiring the best players I can with a very limited initial budget and using generic platoons and switches to get the best I can out of my limited talent. I spend my time acquiring players in other words. I'm a better GM than manager, and don't usually manage in solo. Like you, I'll probably be burned out by the time the real thing starts.

I'd like to move up to the top level and win before the beta ends. But if I don't, I'd like you to win. That kind of effort deserves it.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 11-15-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #20
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
You won't see me making fun of that. You're getting the most out of the game. It's impressive and it makes me think that I should try adjusting my team a little when I'm online, before each series. It might win me 2-3 extra games and I am in a very tight race ATM.

I put more time in than most probably, but with me it's all about acquiring the best players I can with a very limited initial budget and using generic platoons and switches to get the best I can out of my limited talent. I'm a better GM than manager and don't usually manage in solo. Like you, I'll probably be burned out by the time the real thing starts.

I'd like to move up to the top level and win before the beta ends. But if I don't, I'd like you to win. That kind of effort deserves it.
Thank you my friend. If we stay it will get so much easier when we can just buy players instead of constant scouting them on the auction block. But...And I think you will agree it will not feel as rewarding but it will be necessary to keep on winning in the future because people will get loaded teams that we will have to figure out how to beat that and the only way might be to give in and start buying players. Something we can not do right now. But This PP is a lot of work and if we do get burned out and none of this counted well it was still fun and a very weird two weeks. Lol.😁