Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

Is the game context sensitive when dealing with moral issues?

If a player is promoted from the minors to fill for an injury does he get upset when he is demoted when the regular player comes of the DL? It would seem he knows ahead of time he is going to be demoted so no reason to get upset. There are other scenarios like this so I'm wondering if the context is taken into account?
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda234 View Post
If a player is promoted from the minors to fill for an injury does he get upset when he is demoted when the regular player comes of the DL? It would seem he knows ahead of time he is going to be demoted so no reason to get upset. There are other scenarios like this so I'm wondering if the context is taken into account?
turn on comissioner mode and check morale values before doing anything.

then zoom out and demote him and compare values. if it is multiple days, you likely want to check morale values the same day you demote -- avoid false positives, my bad. make sure to backup so you can restore.

or, if no auto-save and no manual save, simply kill the process when done and it will revert to last saved date.

there are likey numerous factors invovled.

e.g. i would guess an older established player to take more offense than a 22 year old brought up from AAA.

also, their personality will matter too, i'd guess.

so, with so many likely moving parts, there's no 1 answer for you. unless someone has fleshed this out and happens to reply, you may have to do the heavy lifting for this particular context. i don't recall any threads on the details, but certainly not a comprehensive memory of all threads.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:32 PM   #3
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

You can see on a player's page if he has "expects to be in the majors". I've found that if a player has that expectation, they take being promoted and then demoted harder than players without that expectation. But there are outliers. Playing as the Red Sox, I promoted Bryce Brentz to the majors to fill in for an injury to Benintendi. Brentz had "expects to be in the majors" on his page. I then demoted him (actually, he had no options so I had to go through the waiver process to demote him) and he wasn't angry afterwards. There's no set rule, every player is different in my experience.
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:09 AM   #4
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

I hate when they want to be in the majors and they have something like 40 / 45 / 65 potential (SP). What the hell man?? You are gonna get shelled and my team with u... Why would you go through that? Be happy in AAA!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:12 AM   #5
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I hate when they are 35 years old, haven't had an OPS above .750 in three years and still want to be hitting in the middle of the lineup.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #6
Mat
All Star Reserve

this is why i always turn off player morale. Unnecessary feature IMO.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:12 AM   #7
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
this is why i always turn off player morale. Unnecessary feature IMO.
It depends on how you look at it or what you want from the game. For me, dealing with personnel issues is part of team and organizational management.
TPinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #8
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
I hate when they are 35 years old, haven't had an OPS above .750 in three years and still want to be hitting in the middle of the lineup.
sounds like late career Derek Jeter or Posada. Management must hate that too.

I think having guys being frustrated is correct, even if they are self delusional. Take Tyler Wade's comments this week for instance.
sabrtoothtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:49 AM   #9
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
I hate when they want to be in the majors and they have something like 40 / 45 / 65 potential (SP). What the hell man?? You are gonna get shelled and my team with u... Why would you go through that? Be happy in AAA!!!

i think it's perfectly reasonable to have guys like that expecting to be in the majors. you don't get far in pro ball without self confidence and players set crazy goals for themselves every year

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #10
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
i think it's perfectly reasonable to have guys like that expecting to be in the majors. you don't get far in pro ball without self confidence and players set crazy goals for themselves every year
Lol won't be in my team though lol

Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote