Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
jerryb1961
Minors (Single A)

Trying to transfer league from ootp19 to 20

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have a Linux install of ootp19. I exported the league and tried to import it into Windblows ootp20. No backup sets are showing. I ended the old season and am in the off-season.

I tried just saving the ootp19 game and loading it in 20. No joy.

Is there some kind of basic incompatibility between Linux and Windoze versions of the game?
Attached Images
jerryb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:45 PM   #2
old timer
Hall Of Famer

On the main screen, you need to click "Show More Modes", not "Load Game". Once you click "Show More Modes", you'll see the option to "Import OOTP 19 Game". From there, you can browse to your league folder and import it.

p.s. - League files are compatible between all OS's.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #3
Jeff Garrity
Bat Boy

When I import my league from 19 to 20, it does import, but it is at my starting point. I have played multiple seasons. How do I import all of the accumulated data? Thanks
Jeff Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
IRockThs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm having the same issue. It looks like my save file has not updated since mid-feburary, yet I've been playing every day and OOTP19 does have the correct point when I load it there. When I import it into OOTP20 it goes to opening day 2018.
IRockThs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRockThs View Post
I'm having the same issue. It looks like my save file has not updated since mid-feburary, yet I've been playing every day and OOTP19 does have the correct point when I load it there. When I import it into OOTP20 it goes to opening day 2018.

It sounds like you might have two saved games. To be sure, open OOTP 19 (not 20!) and choose the "Open Folder" button at the bottom of the load game dialog box (make sure you have the saved game you want to import highlighted first). Make sure this is the same location as the one you're trying to import from. If not, then when you choose to import, browse to this location you just found using the Open Folder button.

Last edited by old timer; 03-24-2019 at 04:43 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:33 PM   #6
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Garrity View Post
When I import my league from 19 to 20, it does import, but it is at my starting point. I have played multiple seasons. How do I import all of the accumulated data? Thanks

Perhaps you're having the same problem as the other guy that I just replied to (right above this post) so just in case, try what I suggested for him.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #7
IRockThs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Perhaps you're having the same problem as the other guy that I just replied to (right above this post) so just in case, try what I suggested for him.
He probably is, I replied to this thread as it seems like the same problem I'm having. You are correct - for some reason after one of the updates in February it started saving them in My Documents rather than the Program Files. Thanks for the help!
IRockThs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #8
old timer
Hall Of Famer

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that was it.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #9
Jeff Garrity
Bat Boy

It worked for me. Thank you!
Jeff Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:19 PM   #10
curt
Major Leagues

I think it took about 2 hours to import my OOTP 19 save. Don't remember it taking that long last year.
curt is offline   Reply With Quote