Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

The 100 point rookie

You guys have any to share? Non-historical mode, preferably.

In my long-term sandbox mode (I remain as spectator, simply following the league as a fan rather than taking over a team) the Calgary Flames are looking like they have one of the most exciting young players in a long time. Chris Kramer, as a 19 year old, scored 40 goals and 100 points to lead the Flames to their first playoff birth in 5 years. He finished 2nd in the league in assists and he is the first player to score 100 points in a season for the Flames franchise since Theo Fleury in 92-93. And yes, we're in 2051-2052.

The main question for Kramer going forward, is will he be able to stay healthy? He was limited to just 22 games with the Medicine Hat Tigers in 2049-2050 due to a torn labrum. With such a serious injury, Calgary has to be hoping luck stays on his side going forward.

And in a fun little storyline I've been following..the Flames, Oilers and Canucks all had top 10 picks that draft year. Calgary selected Kramer 2nd overall, while the Canucks drafted winger Matt Marr 9th overall. He has turned into a star in his own right with 162 points in 162 games over 2 seasons. The Oilers on the other hand won the draft lottery and selected Mississauga Steelheads center Austin Pooli 1st overall. He's shown flashes but is playing on a terrible Oilers team and hasn't had quite the same impact as Kramer and Marr. Not to mention that the 3rd overall pick (Islanders) just scored 45 goals in his 2nd NHL season. While still very early, you'd have to think the Oilers would like a do-over if a redraft option was there.

Anyways, thanks for reading! Feel free to post any interesting stories and happenings in your league. This forum needs more activity!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester

Last edited by Habsfan18; 03-22-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

And take a look at Matt Marr. 6'7, 260lbs.

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Old 03-23-2017, 07:45 PM   #3
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

7 games into 2052-2053.

Yeah..I'd say he's pretty good.
Attached Images

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Old 03-23-2017, 08:27 PM   #4
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

10 point lead in the Art Ross race after 13 games.
Attached Images

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Old 03-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Joe Nieuwendyk is back as a defenceman!?
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #6
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

No 100 point rookie for me yet. The closest I've gotten is 83 points. By Ryan Smith, another prodigy from Nova Scotia! Drafted only 4th overall for some baffling reason in 2021 by the Rangers. He was a 3 1/2 star player at draft time.

Look at those numbers in the "Q" too!

And his ratings at the end of the season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #7
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettC View Post
Joe Nieuwendyk is back as a defenceman!?
I thought about changing his name to Joe lol

Interesting note on Jason..He's a very, very good offensive defenseman but is yet to make a single all-star appearance and he's never played for Canada internationally - at any level. Must be considered a defensive liability?
Attached Images

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Old 03-24-2017, 05:16 PM   #8
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Good god..Kramer is simply on another level completely..
Attached Images

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester

Last edited by Habsfan18; 03-24-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #9
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettC View Post
No 100 point rookie for me yet. The closest I've gotten is 83 points. By Ryan Smith, another prodigy from Nova Scotia! Drafted only 4th overall for some baffling reason in 2021 by the Rangers. He was a 3 1/2 star player at draft time.

Look at those numbers in the "Q" too!

And his ratings at the end of the season.
Smith looks like he's going to be an offensive force in your save. Keep us in the loop as to how he progresses! Looks like the Rangers have a good one.

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Old 03-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #10
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Having "only" tallied 62 points in the final 54 games of 2052-2053, I suppose you could say Kramer "struggled" for the remainder of the season. Still, he captured the Art Ross trophy despite playing in 6 games less than his main challengers, the Habs duo of Dustin Hovdebo and Cory Scarlett. Kramer was also 2 goals away from matching Hovdebo's mark of 55.

Onto the playoffs, we have a Stanley Cup finals matchup for the ages. Yup, those Calgary Flames are undefeated (12-0) and are going up against Hovdebo, Scarlett and the 12-2 Montreal Canadiens. Kramer and Hovdebo are putting up dominating performances and this promises to be one of the most exciting Cup finals of all-time. I'd have to give the edge to the Flames, but we'll see.

I'll post another update after the series is over.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Old 03-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #11
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Well, although each game was fairly close, the Habs were no match for the Calgary Flames. They'll go into the record books as a 16-0 Stanley Cup champion after finishing the season with 113 points (69 regulation wins). They were dominant all season long. Chris Kramer came away with the Conn Smythe.

Also a note on Jason Nieuwendyk - he's finally getting his recognition. He won the Norris Trophy and was named an NHL All-Star early in the season.
Attached Images

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Old 03-25-2017, 06:39 PM   #12
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

The Flames had 9! players with at least 50 points.
Attached Images

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Old 03-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #13
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

The Flames have lost 2 important parts of their secondary offense this off-season, so it'll be interesting to see how that effects them. They still have the big guns, but losing Hana (free agency) and Henry (trade) should have an impact of some sort.
Attached Images
Image Image 

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester
Old 03-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #14
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

They did bring in Ray McKenzie, but unless he returns to his past form of 30 goals, the Flames definitely overpaid. They also traded for Daniel Shulmistra, so they must be hoping they can replace Hana and Henry's production with these two.
Attached Images
Image Image 

OOTP and FHM Beta Tester

Last edited by Habsfan18; 03-26-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #15
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

I had my first ever dynasty appear when I was spectating. The Nashville Predators have won 4 Stanley Cups in 5 years now (2032, 2034, 2035, 2036). In 2032-33, they were swept in the first round by the Minnesota Wild, who went on to win the Stanley Cup that season. In 2030-31 they made it to the Conference Finals, losing out to Vancouver in 6 games...they've been a good team for a while now, not missing the playoffs since 2028-29.
Name:  Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 5.53.10 PM.png
Views: 354
Size:  144.0 KB

Leading the way have been defenders Andreas Tomasson and Nikolay Yashin, an offensive Swedish defender (has two 92 point seasons) and a rock solid Latvian. Hambrook is a deadly winger with 50 goal scoring capability, and veterans like Forsberg, Schwartz, and Subban (Malcolm), contributed to their first Cup win. Other key players include Redding and Masek.
Leafs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:04 PM   #16
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

So Ryan Smith hasn't quite lived up to the hype from his rookie season, but still good numbers the past few seasons.
Attached Images
Old 04-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #17
NICKD83
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
You guys have any to share? Non-historical mode, preferably.

In my long-term sandbox mode (I remain as spectator, simply following the league as a fan rather than taking over a team) the Calgary Flames are looking like they have one of the most exciting young players in a long time. Chris Kramer, as a 19 year old, scored 40 goals and 100 points to lead the Flames to their first playoff birth in 5 years. He finished 2nd in the league in assists and he is the first player to score 100 points in a season for the Flames franchise since Theo Fleury in 92-93. And yes, we're in 2051-2052.

The main question for Kramer going forward, is will he be able to stay healthy? He was limited to just 22 games with the Medicine Hat Tigers in 2049-2050 due to a torn labrum. With such a serious injury, Calgary has to be hoping luck stays on his side going forward.

And in a fun little storyline I've been following..the Flames, Oilers and Canucks all had top 10 picks that draft year. Calgary selected Kramer 2nd overall, while the Canucks drafted winger Matt Marr 9th overall. He has turned into a star in his own right with 162 points in 162 games over 2 seasons. The Oilers on the other hand won the draft lottery and selected Mississauga Steelheads center Austin Pooli 1st overall. He's shown flashes but is playing on a terrible Oilers team and hasn't had quite the same impact as Kramer and Marr. Not to mention that the 3rd overall pick (Islanders) just scored 45 goals in his 2nd NHL season. While still very early, you'd have to think the Oilers would like a do-over if a redraft option was there.

Anyways, thanks for reading! Feel free to post any interesting stories and happenings in your league. This forum needs more activity!
I'm playing a sandbox mode as the leafs. But how can i spectate like you are what would be settings to do this? Also if you dont have control over a certain team do you have control of the league like rules?
NICKD83 is offline   Reply With Quote