Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 07-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #61
tanda
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If it was better for Oliva to make an out than get on base, then why did all those brilliant opposing managers, with the benefit of all their inside baseball experience, not agree with you? If they had, the obvious correct play would be to intentionally walk Oliva in every plate appearance. Conversely, if Oliva was hurting the team by not making outs, except when he hit HRs, then his inside baseball manager should have realized this and ordered him to get picked off anytime he got on base.

It is always better to have a slow baserunner on first with no outs than that same player on the dugout after making out. Even if he clogs the bases and is in a DP, you are no worse off than if he made an out at the plate. Otherwise you are better off.

One exception, bottom of 9th or extra innings when home team has winning run on 2nd or 3rd and an IBB sets up a DP or additional force out. In that case, the extra runner is meaningless to offense but sets up additional defensive options.
tanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #62
RandyMyers
Minors (Single A)

Yea, your right....

Cincinnati should hire you and get rid of the no nothing manager they have. I'm sure they would do so much better...

BTW- my tooth is hurting, where is your office so I can come have you take care of it, since of course the people who spent their lives inside of their patients mouths are not experts.... oh, My Benz has a weird sound, I think I should take it to your garage to have it fixed since of course the 35 year veteran mechanic does not know anything about cars.

Please don't bother replying.
RandyMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #63
revcarte
Major Leagues

cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMyers View Post
Yea, your right....

Cincinnati should hire you and get rid of the no nothing manager they have. I'm sure they would do so much better...

BTW- my tooth is hurting, where is your office so I can come have you take care of it, since of course the people who spent their lives inside of their patients mouths are not experts.... oh, My Benz has a weird sound, I think I should take it to your garage to have it fixed since of course the 35 year veteran mechanic does not know anything about cars.

Please don't bother replying.
I will reply.....very cool!!!! To quote an old commercial, "I love you man"
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #64
ike121212
All Star Reserve

I challenge anyone to read this and contend that this is completely inaccurate and baseball players just know better.

Fielding Bible
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #65
omgimasian
Minors (Double A)

Guys, I love Jeter. I really do. He's been a role model for years and it would be foolish to say he is a bad player.

The problem is, his fielding isn't as good as it used to be, and you can't base how good someone is at something now just because he was better at it before. That would be like saying Alex Rodriguez's power should be maxed out because he used to be a consistent 40-50 hr guy
omgimasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:36 AM   #66
revcarte
Major Leagues

Thanks

Guys, i appreciate all the responses, I really do. One thing is for sure....everyone has an opinion. I just spent the last 4 days in the hospital with a stroke that has left the right side of my face nearly paralyzed so I am not going to get worked up about people who have a different opinion than I have. I plan on playing IOOTP on my phone and Ipad and I will continue to play Strat on my laptop and desktop computer. I plan on enjoying both.
Thanks again for all the input.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #67
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
Guys, i appreciate all the responses, I really do. One thing is for sure....everyone has an opinion. I just spent the last 4 days in the hospital with a stroke that has left the right side of my face nearly paralyzed so I am not going to get worked up about people who have a different opinion than I have. I plan on playing IOOTP on my phone and Ipad and I will continue to play Strat on my laptop and desktop computer. I plan on enjoying both.
Thanks again for all the input.
Thanks for bringing us back to reality. Best wishes on your recovery.
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #68
RandyMyers
Minors (Single A)

Rev.... very sorry to hear.... good luck and hope for a speedy recovery!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #69
revcarte
Major Leagues

Many thanks

Thanks very much. I am home and improving. For what it's worth, I was glad my wife brought my Iphone to me in the hospital so I could play baseball
Old 07-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #70
RandyMyers
Minors (Single A)

I remember once being in the hospital as a kid. Pretty serious injury and was in the hospital for about a month. My brother brought in our Strat-O-Matic game and we spent many a day playing games there in the hospital.

If ever I was in the hospital again I would make sure that my wife brought in my laptop for me!