Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-14-2011, 05:05 AM   #21
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
I agree. It shouldn't take this long to review a small update and release it.
The problem is: we had to wait 5 days before anyone with Apple took a look at the update. Now it is in Review and that should not take long (but I don't now if they work on weekends).
Old 05-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #22
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Not to get anyone's hopes up but I looked up the review status for iPhone apps in general and found in the past where developers have commented that they wait so long and then apple spends only 10 minutes on the app when its in review. Yet some have reported waiting longer still.

The thing is I agree it shouldn't take this long for Apple to get this update in Review. Its too bad developers can't dock Apple's commission for something like this cause that literally is what Apple deserves for not being able to get a major fix for a app up in the store in a timely manner and if its a matter of a lack of staff to do it then they need to hire more help.
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #23
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
The problem is: we had to wait 5 days before anyone with Apple took a look at the update. Now it is in Review and that should not take long (but I don't now if they work on weekends).
Yeah, I guess they might be pretty busy since it took so long to even look at it.

I was blaming Apple, not you guys.

It's great to know it's in review now
iBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #24
Henry
Hall of Fame

I think we have to give Apple a break guys - last I read Apple reviews 8,500 new and updated apps per week! That's 1214 apps per day if they work 7 days a week, or 50 apps an hour if they work 24 hours a day!! 5 days to get thru the cycle isn't bad.
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #25
Eric
All Star Starter

I think Apple said that it will ready this Spring.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #26
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
I think we have to give Apple a break guys - last I read Apple reviews 8,500 new and updated apps per week! That's 1214 apps per day if they work 7 days a week, or 50 apps an hour if they work 24 hours a day!! 5 days to get thru the cycle isn't bad.
And besides, they're such a small development team.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #27
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Ok really how long does it take to review a simple update like this? And really the number of apps and updates they have to deal with in a day,or a week is no excuse for this,if they are really that behind then they obviously need to hire more staff members for the app store.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #28
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Why would they care? It's not like anyone with an Apple product complaining isn't going to flock to the next iPhone/iPad release....
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #29
Henry
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
Ok really how long does it take to review a simple update like this? And really the number of apps and updates they have to deal with in a day,or a week is no excuse for this,if they are really that behind then they obviously need to hire more staff members for the app store.

I think your letting your frustration flavor your logic. Here's the facts...

Apple developed a comprehensive review process that looks at every iPhone application that is submitted to Apple. Applications and marketing text are submitted through a web interface. Submitted applications undergo a rigorous review process that tests for vulnerabilities such as software bugs, instability on the iPhone platform, and the use of unauthorized protocols. Applications are also reviewed to try to prevent privacy issues, safeguard children from exposure to inappropriate content, and avoid applications that degrade the core experience of the iPhone. There are more than 40 full-time trained reviewers, and at least two different reviewers study each application so that the review process is applied uniformly. Apple also established an App Store executive review board that determines procedures and sets policy for the review process, as well as reviews applications that are escalated to the board because they raise new or complex issues. The review board meets weekly and is comprised of senior management with responsibilities for the App Store. 95% of applications are approved within 14 days of being submitted.

50 apps an hour, 40 reviewers checking everything from bugs to performance to privacy issues to inappropriate content to undocumented protocols - and 95% of the applications are approved within 14 days of being submitted. In little more than a year, Apple has reviewed more than 250,000 applications and updates.

The above was submitted to the FCC in answer to questions they posed to Apple.

All considered, I think they do a pretty damn good job.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #30
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

All that is for a applications first approval sure but this is a update to a already approved application,surely the update does not have to go through all of that all over again to get approved. I mean you could probably throw out privacy issues and inappropriate content since the original app already passed those the first time. If anything all it needs is stability and bug tests to ensure the new features/bug fixes don't create new bugs/crashes and that's it.

I mean I can understand the process taking time for a new release but this is not a new release anymore.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:22 AM   #31
Eric
All Star Starter

Updates should go through the same type of reviews as the original program. What prevents some unscrupulous company to have the initial app be harmless and then add malware during an update?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #32
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Still not there as of two minutes ago...this truly sucks. Move it, Apple!!!
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #33
Dolphinfan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Coelo View Post
Still not there as of two minutes ago...this truly sucks. Move it, Apple!!!
ONE WEEK!!!!! Are you kidding me? This is plain bad customer service.
Dolphinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #34
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinfan View Post
ONE WEEK!!!!! Are you kidding me? This is plain bad customer service.
Sorry, but there is nothing we can do about it. We are "In Review" since late Friday. Believe me, I'm frustrated as well, as I have to prepare another update (no technical reasons) but that is not possible as long the first update is not approved.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #35
Dolphinfan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
Sorry, but there is nothing we can do about it. We are "In Review" since late Friday. Believe me, I'm frustrated as well, as I have to prepare another update (no technical reasons) but that is not possible as long the first update is not approved.
I am in no way blaming you guys at all. I understand. I am pissed with Apple is all. I can not play the game without the update. Or should I say I can not play and save because I have to start over almost everytime I load it up.

Well I have to get some sleep. Maybe when I wake up I will get a nice surprise and the update will be there.

Keep up the good work anyway guys.

Last edited by Dolphinfan; 05-16-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Dolphinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #36
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

This is absolutely absurd now. A week has gone by. I no longer care about what is involved with reviewing apps and their updates. All I can say is Apple is doing a really bad job of it. They have had the whole weekend to review this update,and it's like Palli said he can't really fully prepare the next update until this one is in the app store and ready. It's a total inconvenience for him too. It's too bad markus and Palli can't write the supervisor of the people charged with approving apps and updates.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #37
Henry
Hall of Fame

What part of " 95% of applications are approved within 14 days of being submitted" did some of you miss? I understand the frustration, but when the company that does the review says "14 days" and it's only 10, what am I missing? If it's not out by the end of the week, then it's into the 5% and I'll quit repeating this - but the review is still within 95% of the majority, they made it clear from the beginning that was the schedule - I just don't see the problem (yet).

Being part of the older crowd here, I guess I just don't understand the heated criticism which really isn't born out of the fact that Apple is providing bad service (remember the 8500 apps per week?), but has more to do because some individuals are so concerned that their $5 dollar investment can't be used for 2 weeks. I get much more upset when I take my wife out to dinner, pay $30 and the food stinks That happens far more often and it's a lot more money.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #38
dimjulskur
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
What part of " 95% of applications are approved within 14 days of being submitted" did some of you miss? I understand the frustration, but when the company that does the review says "14 days" and it's only 10, what am I missing? If it's not out by the end of the week, then it's into the 5% and I'll quit repeating this - but the review is still within 95% of the majority, they made it clear from the beginning that was the schedule - I just don't see the problem (yet).

Being part of the older crowd here, I guess I just don't understand the heated criticism which really isn't born out of the fact that Apple is providing bad service (remember the 8500 apps per week?), but has more to do because some individuals are so concerned that their $5 dollar investment can't be used for 2 weeks. I get much more upset when I take my wife out to dinner, pay $30 and the food stinks That happens far more often and it's a lot more money.
makes sense
dimjulskur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #39
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

The problem is that not only is it a inconvenience to the customers who purchased the game it's a inconvenience to Palli as well because he just said he can't begin any real hard work on the next update till this one is available. So you think then about that 95% of apps that get approved within 14 days. Say this one takes that long for example. Then that becomes 14 days long that Palli has to wait to begin work that he'd like to be able to do for the next update. So overall it's a general inconvenience in this case,now in others like initial releases it could not be because the developer specified a particular date for release when the app gets approved,so wether or not the possible waiting period is a problem or not is really one you have to take on a case by case basis and in this case,it is a problem.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #40
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw View Post
The problem is that not only is it a inconvenience to the customers who purchased the game it's a inconvenience to Palli as well because he just said he can't begin any real hard work on the next update till this one is available. So you think then about that 95% of apps that get approved within 14 days. Say this one takes that long for example. Then that becomes 14 days long that Palli has to wait to begin work that he'd like to be able to do for the next update. So overall it's a general inconvenience in this case,now in others like initial releases it could not be because the developer specified a particular date for release when the app gets approved,so wether or not the possible waiting period is a problem or not is really one you have to take on a case by case basis and in this case,it is a problem.
Then I guess the best option would be for OOTPD to take iOOTP away from the Apple platform if it's an inconvenience to them, no???
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote