Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #21
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #22
CD1083
All Star Starter

does that wink mean something?....don't get my hopes up!
CD1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #23
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

No comment.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #24
Difar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well... he didn't say no.
And this one belong's to the REDS!!
Difar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #25
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44 View Post
one of the big obstacles I see to an iPad app is that OOTP takes up a great deal of space and the iPad is limted on space.

the starter model of the iPad only has 16G and my OOTP directory has over 4G, with only one league in it.
That's why it would have to be a trimmed down version. Less reports, less images. Large apps already exist in the app store. The TomTom app is over 1G.

I always have an itch to play OOTP while at work and it's either lug my laptop or wait and I am not a patient man
Old 04-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #26
jrainor
Minors (Single A)

if an Iphone app came out that was the equivelent of OOTP and would upload and work with your League on your laptop or desktop. I would personally fly to Germany and buy Markus Dinner and a Beer after I tought my children about the "man" they call Markus. he would be my hero and possibly the wind beneath my wings.
jrainor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #27
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrainor View Post
if an Iphone app came out that was the equivelent of OOTP and would upload and work with your League on your laptop or desktop. I would personally fly to Germany and buy Markus Dinner and a Beer after I tought my children about the "man" they call Markus. he would be my hero and possibly the wind beneath my wings.
Can I be the best man at your wedding

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #28
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

between the implication here and the netflix announcement yesterday, this might turn the iPad from a curiosity to something I would actually purchase.

still concerned about the capacity problem, but that is really a problem with the hardware that hopefully will be solved in v2 or v3

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #29
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Just wrote a little blurb in my blog about the iPad, including an image we may be seeing in the future...
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #30
Skipaway
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44 View Post
one of the big obstacles I see to an iPad app is that OOTP takes up a great deal of space and the iPad is limted on space.

the starter model of the iPad only has 16G and my OOTP directory has over 4G, with only one league in it.
I think that means it would be a version where all data are on a server.

It could be an multi-player online game where sims are carried out periodically.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #31
JungleJim99
Minors (Single A)

Marcus made a very veiled reply ("No comment") last week in another thread when someone suggested either an iPhone or iPad version. Stay tuned for further details......
JungleJim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:36 AM   #32
conception
All Star Starter

I despise the IPad. Why get somethign that's already 1/2 the size of a laptop computer, but doesn't even have 1/3 of the power? It's the most impractical thing on Earth because its a product that really will only cater to a very small percentage of smart buyers, and perhaps a much larger number of ignorant buyers who just get it because they like new technology and they don't even think about the fact that it's practically a barely functional laptop computer.

My laptop runs OOTP great.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:47 AM   #33
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post
I despise the IPad. Why get somethign that's already 1/2 the size of a laptop computer, but doesn't even have 1/3 of the power? It's the most impractical thing on Earth because its a product that really will only cater to a very small percentage of smart buyers, and perhaps a much larger number of ignorant buyers who just get it because they like new technology and they don't even think about the fact that it's practically a barely functional laptop computer.

I like the concept of the iPad as I read many E-books, but the revelation that it ties you to Apple products only renders it obsolete out of the box for me.

OOTP runs fine on a little ACER net book I got.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #34
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I would almost buy the iPad if OOTP came out for it... if I didn't work for the competition...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #35
hit_or_miss54680
Minors (Double A)

Suddenly it makes sense! Why would they replace the links with big buttons? They're trying to make it more finger friendly! There probably IS an iPad version coming!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #36
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Hoping we get an announcement on this on release day - have my iPad in hands, but am leaning towards returning it. If this was good, might be enough of a reason for me to keep it which would make my kids happy since they want to keep it just because it is "cool"

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #37
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We'll definitely have an iPad/iPhone version of OOTP someday... but probably not before OOTP 12.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #38
BMD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
We'll definitely have an iPad/iPhone version of OOTP someday... but probably not before OOTP 12.
But that is a whole year away and iPhones are soooo 2009. Can't you just design OOTP12 so we can have ports surgically implanted at the base of our skulls so it can be downloaded directly into our brains?
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #39
CD1083
All Star Starter

Quote:
That quote is bittersweet...
Old 04-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #40
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception View Post

It's like most new products today, it will grow and add features over time.

I never bought an IPod until they started coming out with much larger storage capacity. The IPad will get there, give it time.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote